Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:29 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 7:13 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on Today at 12:12 am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3832post #57466 of 13872812/15/12 at 6:57ampost #57467 of 13872812/15/12 at 7:10ampost #57468 of 13872812/15/12 at 7:15ampost #57469 of 13872812/15/12 at 7:19ampost #57470 of 13872812/15/12 at 7:23ampost #57471 of 13872812/15/12 at 7:32ampost #57472 of 13872812/15/12 at 7:32ampost #57473 of 13872812/15/12 at 7:45ampost #57474 of 13872812/15/12 at 7:58am"CottonDockers, that's not accurate advice on Gant, you just have to know the right labels. His was not it though, so yes, that would make it a for yourself item."
Sorry, should have been more clear. New Gant = Good, THAT Gant = Bad. Although the original, old school Gant was good at one time, right? It's just the stuff in the middle that is generally not worth picking up.post #57475 of 13872812/15/12 at 8:10am
Cotton Dockers- Thanks so much for the advice/opinions. I've been reading this thread for a while now, so I had a good understanding of most of that but how it does flipping wise is something that isn't always discussed so I appreciate that. Also the Gant Old vs. New info is helpful as well.
I'm mostly interested if anyone knows anything of Les Copanes. I'm assuming its a fairly standard brand, but was wondering if it had any reputation on here.post #57476 of 13872812/15/12 at 8:11amQuote:That is very impressively put together. The fit looks spot on. Very well done.Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Thrift fit from a '20s themed party last night. (Click to show)My outfit all thrifted or ebayed except the tie and the collar, IIRC.
You look good as well, Orge!
Seriously, you both look fabulous.post #57477 of 13872812/15/12 at 8:22amQuote:
I think a lot of this stuff is great. I'll gladly take that Lewin tie off your hands. And I'd do the same if those Lewin shirts were 18+s rather than 17.5s. And I like that sweater too, brand name or not.post #57478 of 13872812/15/12 at 8:31amQuote:
Lol. Before I decide how I feel about this statement, I need some clarification.
Do you mean Queen like this...
Certainly not this...this would be a drag!
Hopefully something more like this. The Queen of Tweed!post #57479 of 13872812/15/12 at 9:04amThis got held up yesterday since I'm new but thoughts on if i should pick up the croc nettleton's that need a resole? ThanksQuote:Originally Posted by los_face
This last week has been all about the outerwear for me and being a Niners fan, I picked up a grail item I've been hunting for the past 15 years!
First off though, I passed on a pair of black crocodile Nettleton's earlier today in 11.5 or 12 (no mark so estimate vs my 10's). Thought of picking them up and seeing interest but had a hole worn through one of the soles (so full resole needed) and wasn't sure about customs policies for Canada to US shipping of exotics. Uppers were in solid condition but couldn't justify the hassle at the time.
Anyways, Cooper A2 flight jacket in brown goatskin size 50r. Was on the extreme end of my thrift cut of but i got excited and couldn't pass even though it doesn't fit. Available
Older Barbour Liddesdale (no inner pocket) which fits me perfectly. Although quilting is coming undone everywhere I spoke with CS at Barbour NH and they said they'd restitch for free. N/A
Calafate shearling B3 bomber in size M, made in Argentina. The leather shows a bit of wear which I actually prefer over shiny looking newer leather. Shearling is super plush and rivals any of my other 2 shearling rancher coats. Fits well but unsure if I really need another shearling.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
William Evans tweed, insulated shooting coat in 42, made in Great Britain. Beauty of a coat which may or may not turn into my outdoor work coat. Nice and roomie for mobility and has antler (?) buttons with leather trimming and pockets for everything.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've been a Niners fan since I was kid and had this exact bomber. One day it mysteriously disappeared and I have searching for a replacement for well over a decade. I was in SF last year and saw a homeless guy wearing one that was falling apart and for a whole 3 seconds I actually contemplated trying to buy it off of him and seeing if the drycleaners could fix it up...never happened and then I found this in a thrift...in my size...while visiting SF!
Mid 90s Chalkline SF Forty Niners gold bomber jacket in M. Fits like a glove and although nowhere near the most valuable thing I've thrifted, definitely my favorite. N/A
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #57480 of 13872812/15/12 at 9:38am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › NIKE Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 48 seconds ago
- › BNWT $2867 Orazio Luciano Grey Overcoat 100% Wool Size 54EU - 44US 48 seconds ago
- › Quick sell. Sell or Trade Grail RLPL Shearling coat 55 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › BNWT Orazio Luciano Brown Donegal Sport Coat 100% Wool Size 50EU -... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding