Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3829post #57421 of 13872812/14/12 at 6:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #57422 of 13872812/14/12 at 6:44pmpost #57423 of 13872812/14/12 at 6:50pmQuote:
That is fucking awesome! Anyone flipping ugly Xmas sweaters on the bay?Quote:
Errr...10 more days?post #57424 of 13872812/14/12 at 7:13pmQuote:
I am up to about 7 or 8 because I am giving them to my GF's whole family for their Christmas presents. I actually started looking on eBay and the prices were pretty darn high for a gag gift!post #57425 of 13872812/14/12 at 7:45pmpost #57426 of 13872812/14/12 at 7:46pmpost #57427 of 13872812/14/12 at 7:49pm
shout out to everyone on these awesome trades (well except the jacket but that came in the mail today as well) barrel hooked up a limited edition #'d levis denim popover that is cool as hell and a sweet prl made in italy totally unstructured navy linen blazer with perfect measurements (even the sleeves! although the waist will need nipping) a cool french cuff shirt that is a little small but whatevers. shout out to j kidd on a perfect trade for a blackwatch shirt and some cord like khaki'spost #57428 of 13872812/14/12 at 7:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ian Erickson
shout out to everyone on these awesome trades (well except the jacket but that came in the mail today as well) barrel hooked up a limited edition #'d levis denim popover that is cool as hell and a sweet prl made in italy totally unstructured navy linen blazer with perfect measurements (even the sleeves! although the waist will need nipping) a cool french cuff shirt that is a little small but whatevers. shout out to j kidd on a perfect trade for a blackwatch shirt and some cord like khaki'sWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm glad you like the stuff. Now get me that selvedge denim!post #57429 of 13872812/14/12 at 8:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by DigmenowQuote:I used this to locate my horsebit Ferragamos that, coincidentally, I was wearing today!Originally Posted by Fueco
Had some luck, I think. Found a pair of AE tassel loafers, a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo Studio shoes, a nice Pendleton wool shirt, a Zegna tie and a Brooks Brothers tie (with karate rabbits). I'll post pics later.
Any good sources for IDing the shoes? The AEs are model #8873 (they even have a sticker inside from a local country club).
Salvatore Ferragamo Mens Shoe Archive
Thanks! That's why I like this place...post #57430 of 13872812/14/12 at 8:16pm
I think I finally have some finds worthy of the "Thrift Awards"!
My first skeet blanket in a while. Probably not hideous enough.
And this came today! Are we opening these yet?post #57431 of 13872812/14/12 at 8:19pm
Went by a couple stores this evening and picked up a nice dark blue Pendleton tweed sports coat. Oh, and also picked up an Avirex B-3 bomber jacket, 44R, dated 1986. To paraphrase Robert Diniro as Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver: "The Avirex B-3 is a monster". I'm going to be pissed as hell if we have a mild winter. There's a fair chance it'll end up on eBay eventually but I gotta wear it for at least one full day.
Here's some stuff I found but left. If anyone has any interest, PM me and I'll proxy if the items are still there tomorrow.
Burberry London sports coat, model "Kensington", 48RWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Orphaned 3B houndstooth 42L jacket, Loro Piana super 110. Damage to one sleeve lining. No other labels but the tag says "Model: Garrick".Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Pal Zileri, 3B 46R. Didn't care for the fabric (wife hated it too) and the lining was a two-tone iridescent tonic that gave me bad memories of the 80s. YMMV.
Hickey Freeman camelhair, 44L.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Pea Coat with gold USMC buttons, tagged 40S.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Can't guarantee they'll be there tomorrow but happy to look, send more info, and proxy.post #57432 of 13872812/14/12 at 8:20pmpost #57433 of 13872812/14/12 at 8:32pmpost #57434 of 13872812/14/12 at 8:32pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 55 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...