Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3819post #57271 of 13872812/13/12 at 5:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #57272 of 13872812/13/12 at 5:21pmpost #57273 of 13872812/13/12 at 5:21pmpost #57274 of 13872812/13/12 at 5:35pmQuote:
I've been wondering whether it's morally wrong to do this for a while. I picked up a bespoke suit with a dry cleaning tag in from just the week before and it had a name & mobile number on. Since this same female donor also donated another similar suit (mashed condition) i'm interested to know why/is anything else going, although i feel like a mobile number is pretty intrusive! Is there a Barney Stinson Bro Thrift Code outlining such boundaries?post #57275 of 13872812/13/12 at 5:36pmQuote:
Did you get them at an outlet store? Cuz $40 for thrift prices...Yikes...post #57276 of 13872812/13/12 at 6:19pmQuote:
Man, that sounds like the beginning of a bad horror movie....
Would you want a call from someone saying they bought that coat you dropped off at Goodwill a few weeks ago, and PS you left your phone number inside, and oh, would you like to meet?post #57277 of 13872812/13/12 at 6:20pm
Big shout outs to GMMcL for hooking me up with tha bomb ass Boglioli cords jacket!!!!!!!!! Dual exhaust and ticket pocket!
He da man! Deal with him!
Edited by barrelntrigger - 12/13/12 at 6:40pmpost #57278 of 13872812/13/12 at 6:33pmQuote:
Go with Best Dressed, but being on styleforum your answers will probably be a little biased.post #57279 of 13872812/13/12 at 6:39pmQuote:
yeah they were outlet at barneys but I would have even paid that much at a thrift store they are so nice except the selvege line is really thin it is weird I like the higher rise thoughpost #57280 of 13872812/13/12 at 6:54pmpost #57281 of 13872812/13/12 at 7:08pmQuote:
Oh, $40 for new LVC is a great price! Good job! There's no Barney's outlet ova herrrrrrre. =(
How about being the most Euro young Republican?post #57282 of 13872812/13/12 at 7:14pmNot super great, but I scored 7 pairs of Pantherella OTC wool socks for $8/each. Best price I've been able to do in quite some time. The woman who checked me out was like "wait... $8 for a single pair of socks??"post #57283 of 13872812/13/12 at 7:17pmI do, finished finals today. Busted an all nighter for it and decided thrifting shall be my reward for such diligence. Ended up hitting up every store. Nlot really worth being awake 30 hours and counting.
Masons, Simon Miller
Super recent Brooks Brothers
Zegna, Zegna Kiton, PRL grenadine, Paul Start grenadine, Salvatorepost #57284 of 13872812/13/12 at 7:24pmpost #57285 of 13872812/13/12 at 7:38pm
Ha, I had to do a search for escorial and ran across the thread where you crossposted this photo. This poster was definitely the highlight:Quote:Originally Posted by Tony13
Ya i did understood what u meant, i have like 15 + brioni's? i can truly tell you the difference between fabrics of any other brand in comparison with a Brioni as well amongst brioni's. Theres definitely a difference between a just "wool", super 120, 150, 180, cashmere or pure escorial. If you looking for softness go try a pure cashmere, or a super 150's flannel fabric... Way softer, & finer, period. Regular wools or 120's are just bit more flexible looking fabrics, nothing much special about them, but real lightweight. But if you are looking for finer fabric, yes not as "soft - feeling" but real "finer looking" & a "finer quality fabric" a super 180's fabric its real the deal, and how about a pure escorial? well again, super 180's fabrics are not really the most softer fabrics in the world, and pure escorial is not the exception however, just to begin with the way a pure escorial wool is intertwined? is like comparing a damn Rolls Royce with a BMW. super 180's are pretty much the highest quality of how the wool is treated and intertwined. But a pure escorial has way more artisan craftsmanship above most wools you've heard even super 180's. Is not about touching something with your hand? is about "feeling it" when you wear it, you totally feel the difference, and yes again because the fabrics are way finer being wrinkle-free is one attribute that pure escorial has. I have 3 escorial sport coats and 1 escorial dress pants? I tell ya, those dress pants? are my favorite, "0" wrinkles, and son, i had them 18 years ago, you think Zegna, or any other brand had come up with the fines of making dress pants that dont go wrinkled without being polyester or any other cheap fabric mix now you find for 20 bucks on any apparel store? 18 years ago? son, wrinkled free began like 6 years ago?, brioni's been making wrinkled-free unintentionally without really noticing more than 20 years ago "now the call it wrinkled free? which is a mixed of cotton & cheap wool? Go on ebay and check up escorial wools by brioni, you can really tell the difference if you have keen eye its really worth it you can hit up a nice deal
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 8 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › NWOT Boglioli K sport coat - 50L - 100% cashmere 3 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.