The Thrifting God is commanding thee to become a full time MJ stalker
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:27 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 8/20/16 at 4:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on Yesterday at 6:42 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3815post #57211 of 13872812/12/12 at 11:15pmpost #57212 of 13872812/12/12 at 11:34pmpost #57213 of 13872812/12/12 at 11:40pmpost #57214 of 13872812/12/12 at 11:42pmpost #57215 of 13872812/13/12 at 4:38am
Hello everyone. For the past few months, I've been in the background and have read the entire thread from the very beginning to present. Having learned from all of the posts, I decided to try my hand at it and without further hesitation present to you my finds. All available.
Gian Luca Napoli, Dual Vent, 44L
Pendleton, Single Vent, 42L
Pendleton, Single Vent, 44L
Brooks Brothers, Single Vent, Silk/Linen/Wool, 44R
Brooks Brothers Brooksease, Single Vent, Dark Navy, 43L
Brooks Brothers Saxxon, Single Vent, 44R
Pendleton, Single Vent, 46Rpost #57216 of 13872812/13/12 at 5:24am
Some stuff from yesterday, and some catch up items....
Light Brown Herringbone Harris Tweed - 40L
Vintage Boy Scout Shirt Jac, Jirt, Shacket,
The tag is washed out, but I would guess it's a Large. 21 P2P
Daks POW - 46R
Gant "The Rugger" - Not the vintage Rugger we are all looking for, but still pretty cool. LArge (22 P2P)
Gant Tweed - 36R
HSM Gold Trumpeter - Black and Brass (Waterbury) - Tagged 44, but measures 46R
Vintage James Lee Tweed - 40R
VTG Nunn Bush Longwings - 9 C
And the moment EazyE has been waiting for......
Sweet Ass Houndstooth Tweed Trench by Zero King - 40
Edited by capnwes - 12/13/12 at 6:04ampost #57217 of 13872812/13/12 at 6:53ampost #57218 of 13872812/13/12 at 7:50ampost #57219 of 13872812/13/12 at 7:55ampost #57220 of 13872812/13/12 at 8:27ampost #57221 of 13872812/13/12 at 8:33amQuote:Originally Posted by catside
A brass and copper number. Absolute beauty. Pavoni. I offered 40 but they did not budge from 299. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I thrifted a regular model (non-brass) Europiccola last year for (IIRC) $40. It's in my basement waiting for me to get around to getting it refurbished.post #57222 of 13872812/13/12 at 8:41ampost #57223 of 13872812/13/12 at 9:35am
So I said "what the hell" and found out the email address of the guy who donated those dozen Ascot Chang shirts that fit me perfectly. Two days ago sent him a friendly (but carefully written email) saying that if had more shirts, jackets, or shirts that he was planning to donate, please let me know and I'd buy them from him. I told my wife what I'd done and she was Not Too Pleased. (Made a note of that for the future.) This morning I got a short but friendly reply back from the guy: "Hi - yes - funny email. I will keep your information and let you know if anything comes up. Happy Holidays."
Nataku, thanks for the encouragement. I didn't score an armful of Isaias but nothing embarrassing happened, either. I did get some satisfaction telling my wife, "Hey, I got a nice reply from that guy who donated the shirts", and hearing her shout "NO WAY!"post #57224 of 13872812/13/12 at 10:13ampost #57225 of 13872812/13/12 at 10:15amAlright dudes, nominations period for the 2012 Cheapies has begun.
Click here to nominate your find(s).
here are the rules:Quote:Rules:
1. Nominate one item per submission. You can do multiple submissions but don't go overboard, we all have lives.
2. Item must have been found AND posted in the thrift bragging thread in 2012.
3. Include your SF username, a brief description, and a link to the brag post.
The judges will pick the top nominations for Find of the Year and put it out to a vote to everyone.
The judges will also be awarding Honorable Mention awards, so don't be afraid to submit. Be creative!
Thanks to Spoo, DM7 and DaveSmith for volunteering to be judges.
edit: there will likely be prizes...
just to be clear: DM7 IS ONE OF THE JUDGES. HE WILL BE SILENTLY JUDGING YOU AND LAUGHING AT YOUR FINDS. BUT HE WILL NOT BE COMPETING WITH YOU GUYS.
Edited by mexicutioner - 12/13/12 at 11:44am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 18 seconds ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 2 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NWOT Oxxford Clothes MANHATTAN Jacket 44R-46R 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Anyone in Italy willing to proxy Finollo and Al Bazar ties? 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding