Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 2:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 6/27/16 at 10:53pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 6/23/16 at 12:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3792post #56866 of 13872812/10/12 at 5:48pmpost #56867 of 13872812/10/12 at 5:49pmpost #56868 of 13872812/10/12 at 5:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Klobber
Asking because I got a message from a friend over in the East coast who found quite a few of them and is offering a proxy. He usually sells on eBay but he is willing to cut me a proxy for one pair at $300. They are 2nd hand lightly worn shoes. I feel somewhat hesitant at spending that kind of dime on second hand shoes but if they are that good (Lobbs level or above) it may be worth a risk. Trouble is none of the shoes have sizes and my friend thinks they are in a 11 - 12 ballpark which is a pretty big dynamic range. Big risk of not fitting but if I have resale potential at least getting my money back, I may just pop at them.
If they're a desirable style (nothing too crazy) and in that size range you should be able to get your money back on here or the bay.Quote:Originally Posted by GM-H
Recent finds Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Pejsek? Frenchy? Is that you?
Absolutely unreal....post #56869 of 13872812/10/12 at 5:54pmpost #56870 of 13872812/10/12 at 5:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by catsideQuote:Originally Posted by troika
Also wanted to share this real quick. Got this shirt in a trade with Barrel, but it had a stubborn stain on it. Easiest way to get rid of it? Dye the whole thing blue.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Damn good idea!
You can also simmer it on the stove top for a while to get deeper colors when desired.post #56871 of 13872812/10/12 at 5:58pmpost #56872 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:00pmpost #56873 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Samuel SmithQuote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
or rent out one of the barns?
HOLY SHIT. WHO HAS A P.O. BOX FROM RANCHO SANTA FE I JUST GOT BAMBOOZLED WHEN I OPENED MY SECRET SANTA PACKAGE AND 12 TIES, 2 POCKET SQUARES, 2 SHIRTS DROPPED OUT. WHOA.
NWT Hickey Freeman x 2, Paul Frederick Sartiorale (7-Fold, My First), BB Makers NWT, Nat Nast, Zegna, Lands End knit, BB Makers Olive Knit, Black (or navy?) Knit, RLBL Pink Knit, Tango by Max Raab
Paul Smilth, Facconable, RT PS, Unbranded pocket square (xmas party steeze)
Thank you very much Mr. Rancho Santa Fe
not a bad idea....(something like that)
I think the "Tango by Max Raab" was for some Where's the thrift pic though?post #56874 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by NatakuQuote:
Pass on the AEs. In a decent color, style and size that would be a good price. In those sizes at that price, no way.
Silvano Lattanzi is a grail maker, IMO. Super expensive at retail and very well made. They make Lobbs at retail look like a bargain.
I am a 14 gents, thanks.post #56875 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:17pmpost #56876 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:17pmQuote:
indeed :). Should do nicely one summer night with a pair of shorts or something equally obscene.
it'll take me a while gather fit pics with all these ties. ... that RLBL knit with a navy suit though .... mmmpost #56877 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:20pmGM-H is DM7 reincarnated, even though he never died. Wtf is up??
Someone tell me more about pebblegrain shell? The shoes Catside and I found a couple of weeks ago just don't crease like calf, and they were very well loved when I got them. I wore them a few times and started thinking they were wearing more like shell, but just assumed pebblegrain shell was simply impossible.
Isn't there a list somewhere of which shoes are shell?post #56878 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:21pmQuote:
Quote:Originally Posted by frenchytoo
thriftpic:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
switched from usual white Vneck to a nice retina damaging red (american apparel) just for grendel
newly thrifted carrera ultrabright shades
vintage Seiko diver on Nato strap
Dolce Gabbana sandals (not thrifted)
silver sequined hat (not mine,it was the crazy ladies who took the pic and almost ran off with my new phone after)
Edited by Brianpore - 12/10/12 at 6:31pmpost #56879 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:32pmpost #56880 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:55pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren goat suede safari jacket - L 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › (NEED ADVICE) What Are The Top 3 Features Most Important For You... 6 minutes ago
- › Schlesinger Briefcase Tan Brown Full Grain Cowhide Belting Leather... 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding