Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 1:23 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 10/22/16 at 2:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3792post #56866 of 13872812/10/12 at 5:48pmpost #56867 of 13872812/10/12 at 5:49pmpost #56868 of 13872812/10/12 at 5:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Klobber
Asking because I got a message from a friend over in the East coast who found quite a few of them and is offering a proxy. He usually sells on eBay but he is willing to cut me a proxy for one pair at $300. They are 2nd hand lightly worn shoes. I feel somewhat hesitant at spending that kind of dime on second hand shoes but if they are that good (Lobbs level or above) it may be worth a risk. Trouble is none of the shoes have sizes and my friend thinks they are in a 11 - 12 ballpark which is a pretty big dynamic range. Big risk of not fitting but if I have resale potential at least getting my money back, I may just pop at them.
If they're a desirable style (nothing too crazy) and in that size range you should be able to get your money back on here or the bay.Quote:Originally Posted by GM-H
Recent finds Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Pejsek? Frenchy? Is that you?
Absolutely unreal....post #56869 of 13872812/10/12 at 5:54pmpost #56870 of 13872812/10/12 at 5:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by catsideQuote:Originally Posted by troika
Also wanted to share this real quick. Got this shirt in a trade with Barrel, but it had a stubborn stain on it. Easiest way to get rid of it? Dye the whole thing blue.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Damn good idea!
You can also simmer it on the stove top for a while to get deeper colors when desired.post #56871 of 13872812/10/12 at 5:58pmpost #56872 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:00pmpost #56873 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Samuel SmithQuote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
or rent out one of the barns?
HOLY SHIT. WHO HAS A P.O. BOX FROM RANCHO SANTA FE I JUST GOT BAMBOOZLED WHEN I OPENED MY SECRET SANTA PACKAGE AND 12 TIES, 2 POCKET SQUARES, 2 SHIRTS DROPPED OUT. WHOA.
NWT Hickey Freeman x 2, Paul Frederick Sartiorale (7-Fold, My First), BB Makers NWT, Nat Nast, Zegna, Lands End knit, BB Makers Olive Knit, Black (or navy?) Knit, RLBL Pink Knit, Tango by Max Raab
Paul Smilth, Facconable, RT PS, Unbranded pocket square (xmas party steeze)
Thank you very much Mr. Rancho Santa Fe
not a bad idea....(something like that)
I think the "Tango by Max Raab" was for some Where's the thrift pic though?post #56874 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by NatakuQuote:
Pass on the AEs. In a decent color, style and size that would be a good price. In those sizes at that price, no way.
Silvano Lattanzi is a grail maker, IMO. Super expensive at retail and very well made. They make Lobbs at retail look like a bargain.
I am a 14 gents, thanks.post #56875 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:17pmpost #56876 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:17pmQuote:
indeed :). Should do nicely one summer night with a pair of shorts or something equally obscene.
it'll take me a while gather fit pics with all these ties. ... that RLBL knit with a navy suit though .... mmmpost #56877 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:20pmGM-H is DM7 reincarnated, even though he never died. Wtf is up??
Someone tell me more about pebblegrain shell? The shoes Catside and I found a couple of weeks ago just don't crease like calf, and they were very well loved when I got them. I wore them a few times and started thinking they were wearing more like shell, but just assumed pebblegrain shell was simply impossible.
Isn't there a list somewhere of which shoes are shell?post #56878 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:21pmQuote:
Quote:Originally Posted by frenchytoo
thriftpic:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
switched from usual white Vneck to a nice retina damaging red (american apparel) just for grendel
newly thrifted carrera ultrabright shades
vintage Seiko diver on Nato strap
Dolce Gabbana sandals (not thrifted)
silver sequined hat (not mine,it was the crazy ladies who took the pic and almost ran off with my new phone after)
Edited by Brianpore - 12/10/12 at 6:31pmpost #56879 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:32pmpost #56880 of 13872812/10/12 at 6:55pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NWT Ralph Lauren Black Label Shirt Size 15.5R and 15R Grey/Black... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Stoffa Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ♕♕♕OFFICIAL SW&D BALLER SLEEP THREAD♕♕♕ 7 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 12 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 13 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 14 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...