Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 3:31 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 7/26/16 at 5:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3760post #56386 of 13872812/6/12 at 5:03pmpost #56387 of 13872812/6/12 at 5:06pmQuote:
Relining should cost you about $50-100 if you are using standard linings.post #56388 of 13872812/6/12 at 5:42pm
My tailor stuck two pins through the front of this Hermes tie tonight while pinning the lining...on purpose. He claims there is nothing to worry about, the holes will steam out with no pulls. I am doubtful.
The guy has done 50+ jobs for me, never a problem. Won't make a big deal over it with him, butpost #56389 of 13872812/6/12 at 6:20pmpost #56390 of 13872812/6/12 at 6:26pmpost #56391 of 13872812/6/12 at 6:43pmQuote:
Shipped when!? Got it today. Have not opened it yet. I will be waiting for the actual date to open.
& to my recipient, I still need to ship. Very sorry for being a SUPERslacker.
Edited by dustinmyself - 12/6/12 at 7:01pmpost #56392 of 13872812/6/12 at 6:50pm
I went back to my hidden gem for some more blazers/sport coats with a buddy to see what fit him. We got some great stuff. They have a bunch of suits and coats sitting in the back waiting for me to buy them but they said I couldn't look at them until they are priced.
It turns out that all of these Zegna and Corneliani coats that I picked up from this place are from the CEO of Mattel. I found his business cards in multiple coats and some of the fabric tags have his name.
Hickey Freeman Blazer $25 - For my friend
Corneliani $30 - For me
Zegna Tux $40 - For my friend. They came with the pants but I don't know if they are the Zegna pants as there are no tags in them but they look and feel correct. They also came with a cummerbund and bow tie but I think they may be from a different tux. I told him that I would take it off his hands if it turns out he didn't want it. The pants are a little tight on him and he was hoping he could let them out a little bit. If it doesn't work out I will have it for trade. Size 42r and probably 33 Waist
Zegna Trofeo Slacks - Up for trade. They feel really nice but are a little small for me. I wear 34 and these are 32 I believe. The first picture is more true to their color. They are regular khaki color, not as dull as the other pics look.
Inseam:30.75"post #56393 of 13872812/6/12 at 6:55pmpost #56394 of 13872812/6/12 at 7:21pmQuote:Boston, eh? Apparently I've been slacking... I blame finals!Originally Posted by John Sullivan
I've had good luck w/ some of the dress shirts lately, so I'm going to give it a shot posting some pants that are not my size. All are available.
Luciano Barbera 34 X 33 flat front and cuffed. CLAIMED
Brioni 32 X 33.5 pleated and cuffed
EM'S of MASON'S 36 X 34.5 flat front no cuffs
Incotex "Chino Lino" 34 X 29 flat front no cuffs
Incotex 34 X 27.5 (w/ 2.5" to let) flat front no cuffs
Ermenegildo Zegna 34 X 28 pleated and cuffed Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #56395 of 13872812/6/12 at 7:30pmQuote:
Ha yesterday! Having dealt with Wes, I forgot how quick things deliver to your area!post #56396 of 13872812/6/12 at 7:34pmpost #56397 of 13872812/6/12 at 7:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Klobber
I am thinking of changing the way I look for stuff in thrift stores and perhaps cut my time in half by focussing predominantly in the womans section.
Insane amounts of volume thrifters lately OCD'ing in the menswear section and I am unable to be the early bird at these venues. I arrived half an hour after opening time to find 2 woman with carts overflowing with menswear and at least 4 other guys with stuff in all sizes reamed over their arms.
It is hard work flipping through racks where the 4 GW's I like to frequent have a nasty habit of bunching stuff up making it a tough gig to shift items over. I had to use all my strength to squash all suits and shirts to one side and heard a nasty cracking sound of all the coat hangers splintering. The woman's sections are remarkably well organized, the mens sections are awful to flip through.
I did find a NWOB AE shoes completely unworn. They were in the changing rooms which I do check from time to time. That was just dumb luck. Also picked up an Armani Black Label suit nestled in the womans clothing section. For me, in the woman's section, could have walked away with a Paul Stuart single breasted cashmere overcoat with leather trim on sleeves, lapels, and back - but jacket was orange and leather trim was dark brown - absolutely hideous looking. Decided to leave it there.
Rant over, I am quite pissed off since I worked my ass off today and now have a headache from constantly having to move stuff aside and having 3 or four people surrounding me competitively lifting gear. In the woman's section, wonderful clarity and few ladies and a better probability of finding some nice mens gear hidden in there.
I almost always find men's clothing in the women's sections, actually some great stuff over the past year. Starting to pick up some women's clothes for eBay too. Entirely different program. . .Quote:Originally Posted by k4lnamja
I've been to Alex's reweavery in Los Angeles. Hands down the BEST reweaver tailor probably in the U.S. Zegna even sends items from there as I saw many boxes from their HQ location. I've gone to Alexs for 3 small holes in a suit I picked up from B&S (seller didnt see the holes so he reimbursed me) and this was a POW pattern. They did a phenomenal job. Depending on the size and how many, you'll spend around $100
I have used Star Cleaners in Shawnee Mission KS for various garment repairs - They specialize in mail order as well as leather repair; http://www.starcleanerskc.com/garment-repair.html
So far they have always exceeded my expectations. I am sending off two sweaters this weekend for moth damage repair. I will try to do before and after photos and track the pricing.
FYI - Alex website is here via Yelp; http://www.yelp.com/biz/alexs-reweaving-los-angelespost #56398 of 13872812/6/12 at 8:11pmSo I found this 4XLT Blue label Polo jacket. Wasn't going to buy it, but for the price I couldn't pass it up. The GW in my area puts anything with a "known" label on the Special Priced rack and they missed this one. Got to the register and the manager ringing me up thought I had pulled a switch on the tags. So it's Available. Lolpost #56399 of 13872812/6/12 at 8:21pmpost #56400 of 13872812/6/12 at 8:22pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 15 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Technical Outerwear 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 16 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding