Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3745
Styleforum Top Pickspost #56162 of 13872812/4/12 at 6:26pmDudes, have a shitload of stuff that has been coming up lately that I'll need to post. Talking multiple Isaias, sweet Zegnas, etc. But I picked up this piece today and had to get some pics up. Neil Barrett made in Italy coat that I haven't quite figured out yet. Has some weird shit going on like I've never seen before.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Weird straps on the liner.
On the left side is a whistle and the black tube is some type of pump thing that you used to blow shit up. Haven't found this coat anywhere online yet so will have to do some serious sleuthing.
I don't think Neil Barrett has shown up in this thread as far as I can recall. For those that don't know Barrett started out with Gucci then moved to Prada for a while in the 90's or so.post #56163 of 13872812/4/12 at 6:33pmQuote:
Depends, The older stuff is worth getting if it is for yourself--EB once made some of the finest outdoor gear on the planet, and that coat fishy found is completely sick. However, it tends to get no love on the secondary market because of what the brand has become. If you can kop for a good price and it is a staple, say a vintage down vest or a parka, then go ahead, but you will not likely realize a huge return. If it is something weird along the lines of down with a wool-blanket liner, it would probably be a tough flip, even though the quality is high. Along the same lines, I recently sold two down parkas, one by LL Bean of relatively recent vintage and made in Thailand--it said down, but you could feel feathers. The other was a vintage REI that was by far the superior coat. The Bean went for slightly less than $100. The REI, which had no country of origin tag, went for $60, and there is no way I would have sold it if it had fit--I would've sold my brown-label NF first. Some guy in Russia ended up with it, and I'm guessing he's laughing his ass all the way to the Kremlin.post #56164 of 13872812/4/12 at 6:37pmQuote:
LOL @ Cucinelli at TJ Maxx. I haven't even found anything that nice at a Marshall's, let alone the Beverly Hills Polo Club dump that is TJ's. Their "Compare at" pricing is ridiculously low.
DAT NEIL BARRETTpost #56165 of 13872812/4/12 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mercuryman76
Dudes, have a shitload of stuff that has been coming up lately that I'll need to post. Talking multiple Isaias, sweet Zegnas, etc. But I picked up this piece today and had to get some pics up. Neil Barrett made in Italy coat that I haven't quite figured out yet. Has some weird shit going on like I've never seen before.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Dope, found one of those for $80.post #56166 of 13872812/4/12 at 6:48pmpost #56167 of 13872812/4/12 at 6:48pm
God it has been way too long since I posted. I haven't had much time to thrift lately which really is bothering me...I used to work from home and now I don't. The silver lining is that my new job is a huge upgrade from my last job, so I really shouldn't be complaining, but man it is hard to cut back 90% on the addiction!!!
Anyway, what little time I have had to thrift yielded probably my favorite find to date: LL Bean Goatskin Leather, Shearling lined Bomber that fits me like a glove!!post #56168 of 13872812/4/12 at 7:01pmpost #56169 of 13872812/4/12 at 7:02pmpost #56170 of 13872812/4/12 at 7:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by hooker4186
Not thrift store but found a little something today. Unavailable for now. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Dude, you're freaking killing it! I can't get into Maxx and Marshall's, other than the shoe outlets. Too much stuff to wade through. At thrifts, the good stuff shines based on condition and quality. At TJs, the crap is all NWT, and has been all pretty-fied. Hard to sort the wheat from the chaff. Plus, it's orders of magnitude more volume. Every time I go in, I lose interest.post #56171 of 13872812/4/12 at 7:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
Dude, you're freaking killing it! I can't get into Maxx and Marshall's, other than the shoe outlets. Too much stuff to wade through. At thrifts, the good stuff shines based on condition and quality. At TJs, the crap is all NWT, and has been all pretty-fied. Hard to sort the wheat from the chaff. Plus, it's orders of magnitude more volume. Every time I go in, I lose interest.
This was my first time ever in a TJ Maxx - and this was pretty much the only thing that was worth picking up - a few RLBL pieces at $350+ and some Zegna maybe? The Cucinelli was sandwiched between two Joseph Abboud jackets at $250:slayer:post #56172 of 13872812/4/12 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
This just in....I think someone might possibly be receiving their Secret Santa package today. Who could it be??? Whoever you are, please feel free to open it when it arrives, and share. I can't take this suspense any more. I have no problem waiting to open gifts from others, but I hate waiting for someone to receive a gift from me.
It has been delivered.........post #56173 of 13872812/4/12 at 7:26pmpost #56174 of 13872812/4/12 at 7:26pmpost #56175 of 13872812/4/12 at 7:30pm
I already gave my wife half of her Christmas presents. She doesn't know they were for Christmas, I told her they were "just because" gifts. Giving unexpected gifts is my favorite thing about Christmas.
Of course...I got her some more stuff after I gave her the original gifts.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 7 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 7 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › NWT Brooks Brothers Cambridge Navy Blazer 3 Roll 2 12 minutes ago
- › NEW STYLE BOGLIOLI GRAY SLIM FIT 2 BUTTON SUIT 40 REGULAR 40R 12 minutes ago
- › Peal and Co. (C&J) Suede Wingtip Chukka Boots in Olive 8.5D 12 minutes ago
- › Alden x Leffot color 8 Tanker 11D 12 minutes ago
- › NWT Eidos brown micro-houndstooth "Sal" trousers (48) 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...