Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 4:17 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 8/20/16 at 4:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 8/26/16 at 3:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3745post #56162 of 13872812/4/12 at 6:26pmDudes, have a shitload of stuff that has been coming up lately that I'll need to post. Talking multiple Isaias, sweet Zegnas, etc. But I picked up this piece today and had to get some pics up. Neil Barrett made in Italy coat that I haven't quite figured out yet. Has some weird shit going on like I've never seen before.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Weird straps on the liner.
On the left side is a whistle and the black tube is some type of pump thing that you used to blow shit up. Haven't found this coat anywhere online yet so will have to do some serious sleuthing.
I don't think Neil Barrett has shown up in this thread as far as I can recall. For those that don't know Barrett started out with Gucci then moved to Prada for a while in the 90's or so.post #56163 of 13872812/4/12 at 6:33pmQuote:
Depends, The older stuff is worth getting if it is for yourself--EB once made some of the finest outdoor gear on the planet, and that coat fishy found is completely sick. However, it tends to get no love on the secondary market because of what the brand has become. If you can kop for a good price and it is a staple, say a vintage down vest or a parka, then go ahead, but you will not likely realize a huge return. If it is something weird along the lines of down with a wool-blanket liner, it would probably be a tough flip, even though the quality is high. Along the same lines, I recently sold two down parkas, one by LL Bean of relatively recent vintage and made in Thailand--it said down, but you could feel feathers. The other was a vintage REI that was by far the superior coat. The Bean went for slightly less than $100. The REI, which had no country of origin tag, went for $60, and there is no way I would have sold it if it had fit--I would've sold my brown-label NF first. Some guy in Russia ended up with it, and I'm guessing he's laughing his ass all the way to the Kremlin.post #56164 of 13872812/4/12 at 6:37pmQuote:
LOL @ Cucinelli at TJ Maxx. I haven't even found anything that nice at a Marshall's, let alone the Beverly Hills Polo Club dump that is TJ's. Their "Compare at" pricing is ridiculously low.
DAT NEIL BARRETTpost #56165 of 13872812/4/12 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mercuryman76
Dudes, have a shitload of stuff that has been coming up lately that I'll need to post. Talking multiple Isaias, sweet Zegnas, etc. But I picked up this piece today and had to get some pics up. Neil Barrett made in Italy coat that I haven't quite figured out yet. Has some weird shit going on like I've never seen before.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Dope, found one of those for $80.post #56166 of 13872812/4/12 at 6:48pmpost #56167 of 13872812/4/12 at 6:48pm
God it has been way too long since I posted. I haven't had much time to thrift lately which really is bothering me...I used to work from home and now I don't. The silver lining is that my new job is a huge upgrade from my last job, so I really shouldn't be complaining, but man it is hard to cut back 90% on the addiction!!!
Anyway, what little time I have had to thrift yielded probably my favorite find to date: LL Bean Goatskin Leather, Shearling lined Bomber that fits me like a glove!!post #56168 of 13872812/4/12 at 7:01pmpost #56169 of 13872812/4/12 at 7:02pmpost #56170 of 13872812/4/12 at 7:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by hooker4186
Not thrift store but found a little something today. Unavailable for now. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Dude, you're freaking killing it! I can't get into Maxx and Marshall's, other than the shoe outlets. Too much stuff to wade through. At thrifts, the good stuff shines based on condition and quality. At TJs, the crap is all NWT, and has been all pretty-fied. Hard to sort the wheat from the chaff. Plus, it's orders of magnitude more volume. Every time I go in, I lose interest.post #56171 of 13872812/4/12 at 7:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
Dude, you're freaking killing it! I can't get into Maxx and Marshall's, other than the shoe outlets. Too much stuff to wade through. At thrifts, the good stuff shines based on condition and quality. At TJs, the crap is all NWT, and has been all pretty-fied. Hard to sort the wheat from the chaff. Plus, it's orders of magnitude more volume. Every time I go in, I lose interest.
This was my first time ever in a TJ Maxx - and this was pretty much the only thing that was worth picking up - a few RLBL pieces at $350+ and some Zegna maybe? The Cucinelli was sandwiched between two Joseph Abboud jackets at $250:slayer:post #56172 of 13872812/4/12 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
This just in....I think someone might possibly be receiving their Secret Santa package today. Who could it be??? Whoever you are, please feel free to open it when it arrives, and share. I can't take this suspense any more. I have no problem waiting to open gifts from others, but I hate waiting for someone to receive a gift from me.
It has been delivered.........post #56173 of 13872812/4/12 at 7:26pmpost #56174 of 13872812/4/12 at 7:26pmpost #56175 of 13872812/4/12 at 7:30pm
I already gave my wife half of her Christmas presents. She doesn't know they were for Christmas, I told her they were "just because" gifts. Giving unexpected gifts is my favorite thing about Christmas.
Of course...I got her some more stuff after I gave her the original gifts.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › What would you wear today? 17 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tricker's x Superdenim Cordovan Boots in Burgundy,Navy Blue, Teak... 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding