Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 3:18 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3737
Styleforum Top Pickspost #56042 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:38pmpost #56043 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:41pmpost #56044 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:43pmpost #56045 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:44pmpost #56046 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
2 store. 5 finds. All 9 out of 10 condition or better.
L to R:
Pristine J Press Pressidential sport coat in a check tweed, 3 roll 2, single vent, 41R/S.
Tom James Royal Classic dated 2008, slim cut, dual vent, flat front, crimson paisley lining, ~41S
Antonio Fusco navy blue chalk stripe flannel, dual vent. Thought I recognized the tag, and quality is there (e.g., hand sewn lapel flap; vent flap strap). 42R with Michael Strahan shoulders. May be a return candidate.
PRL USA gray nailhead, single breast, 2 button. 42R.
Pristine J Press charcoal flannel, 3 roll 2, single breast, flat front trou. 40R/S
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The one thing that pisses me off is I also found a vintage Barney's house brand 100% wool paisley tie. Not knit. Woven. Ancient madder colors, too. It was really cool. But I took the suits on hangers, and forgot it was mixed in. I think I must have dropped it. Hopefully I dropped it in the store, and not the parking lot. I doubt they'll let me take it without paying again, which will mean I'll have to decide whether it's worth DOUBLE the already high purchase price....
Oh, also, here are those straight ties I bragged about the other day sans pics. Aren't they awesome? I know someone wants these at cost plus shipping plus a few bucks for beer money.
Barrel: Jacket fits awesome!
330: Dat sux.
You are the faqing man, dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Quote:Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh
Agree. I've read the whole series and I sort of lost interest in the TV series. IMO the comics are better and way more nuanced.
I love comics. I read a couple series but am more into graphic novels. Check out the Richard Stark Parker series by Darwyn Cooke. I also really liked a series from Europe called Largo Winch - kind of like Tintin for grown ups (not that Tintin isn't for grown ups). ; )
Dude, doesn't the story in the comics get super crazy???!!! It's nuts!Quote:Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
Its funny I started out watching the show and when I caught up I started reading the comics. Now that I am past the storyline of the show I find it really boring in comparison. The comics dont suffer from bad acting or low budget special effects. I also find it kinda takes me out of the story when not a single person can say Fuck in the show. If this was a real world situation everyone would be swearing like sailors. Im not sure what it is about cussing but it seems to make things more realistic for me.
Comics story FTW! Speaking of fuck, not to derail the thread further, but I just finished Leon's campaign on RE6, he says, "Fucking..." towards the end!!! Insane coming from a bad ass/clean cut character like him! *Mind blown!Quote:Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
I dont think he needed to be humanized. I loved how he was such a monster and his reign of terror lasted for however long it lasted and the story moves forward. I didnt consider him an essential part of the overall story and once his chapter was closed I moved on. I think the only reason people are dwelling on him is because he is now part of the show.
As a side note, casting Chad Coleman as Tyreese is an amazing choice. I loved him on The Wire and Im very excited to see what they do with him in the show. Its hard to not drop potential spoilers from the comic so I will end this right now.
Back to thrifting. Why the fuck are we talking about Walking Dead in the thrifting thread?
Yes, I love how he lost his eye and his arm in the comics! Hahaha, too bad, it's not very PC for them to include that scene in the show! Far out, man! It's about time they added Tyreese! He's super likeable!Quote:Originally Posted by mainy
So uh... people that know old Levi's... what are these if anything? Sadly back tag is gone. Another weird thing, there are no rear rivets, they are just sewn through. Selvage is white line, there are no tags whatsoever on the inside. Levi's written on both sides of the back red tag. $7.99
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm no expert but they look like they are made during or after the 60s where they took out the back rivets due to complains that they scratched up furniture.Quote:
I've seen 70s Big E goes as high as $300 on the Bay. Most def. a great find!post #56047 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:50pmpost #56048 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:52pmpost #56049 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:53pmpost #56050 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:55pmpost #56051 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:55pmpost #56052 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:56pmpost #56053 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:56pmpost #56054 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:59pmpost #56055 of 13872812/3/12 at 9:06pmNat -those wolverines are beautiful.
Good finds all around! Vintage Big E's and ton's of RLPL and J. Press nicely done!!
My finds from the past few days. All shirts
Vinevard Vines Size S. These do well on eBay, however available if anyone is interested
J. Press 17-34 Available
Steven Alan Reverse Seam for Me
Favorite find, Engineered Garments Chambray shirt. Fits a little big on me but I think I'm keeping anyways
Lastly, the Ralph Lauren Indian Madras Pop-over shirt. I was looking for one of these all summer. Oh well, this one doesn't fit me anyways. Available.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Things you just don't get 20 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › Pre-Owned ISAIA Tie 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › Burgundy appreciation and discussion thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...