Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 4:59 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 9/12/16 at 2:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3737post #56042 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:38pmpost #56043 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:41pmpost #56044 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:43pmpost #56045 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:44pmpost #56046 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
2 store. 5 finds. All 9 out of 10 condition or better.
L to R:
Pristine J Press Pressidential sport coat in a check tweed, 3 roll 2, single vent, 41R/S.
Tom James Royal Classic dated 2008, slim cut, dual vent, flat front, crimson paisley lining, ~41S
Antonio Fusco navy blue chalk stripe flannel, dual vent. Thought I recognized the tag, and quality is there (e.g., hand sewn lapel flap; vent flap strap). 42R with Michael Strahan shoulders. May be a return candidate.
PRL USA gray nailhead, single breast, 2 button. 42R.
Pristine J Press charcoal flannel, 3 roll 2, single breast, flat front trou. 40R/S
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The one thing that pisses me off is I also found a vintage Barney's house brand 100% wool paisley tie. Not knit. Woven. Ancient madder colors, too. It was really cool. But I took the suits on hangers, and forgot it was mixed in. I think I must have dropped it. Hopefully I dropped it in the store, and not the parking lot. I doubt they'll let me take it without paying again, which will mean I'll have to decide whether it's worth DOUBLE the already high purchase price....
Oh, also, here are those straight ties I bragged about the other day sans pics. Aren't they awesome? I know someone wants these at cost plus shipping plus a few bucks for beer money.
Barrel: Jacket fits awesome!
330: Dat sux.
You are the faqing man, dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Quote:Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh
Agree. I've read the whole series and I sort of lost interest in the TV series. IMO the comics are better and way more nuanced.
I love comics. I read a couple series but am more into graphic novels. Check out the Richard Stark Parker series by Darwyn Cooke. I also really liked a series from Europe called Largo Winch - kind of like Tintin for grown ups (not that Tintin isn't for grown ups). ; )
Dude, doesn't the story in the comics get super crazy???!!! It's nuts!Quote:Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
Its funny I started out watching the show and when I caught up I started reading the comics. Now that I am past the storyline of the show I find it really boring in comparison. The comics dont suffer from bad acting or low budget special effects. I also find it kinda takes me out of the story when not a single person can say Fuck in the show. If this was a real world situation everyone would be swearing like sailors. Im not sure what it is about cussing but it seems to make things more realistic for me.
Comics story FTW! Speaking of fuck, not to derail the thread further, but I just finished Leon's campaign on RE6, he says, "Fucking..." towards the end!!! Insane coming from a bad ass/clean cut character like him! *Mind blown!Quote:Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
I dont think he needed to be humanized. I loved how he was such a monster and his reign of terror lasted for however long it lasted and the story moves forward. I didnt consider him an essential part of the overall story and once his chapter was closed I moved on. I think the only reason people are dwelling on him is because he is now part of the show.
As a side note, casting Chad Coleman as Tyreese is an amazing choice. I loved him on The Wire and Im very excited to see what they do with him in the show. Its hard to not drop potential spoilers from the comic so I will end this right now.
Back to thrifting. Why the fuck are we talking about Walking Dead in the thrifting thread?
Yes, I love how he lost his eye and his arm in the comics! Hahaha, too bad, it's not very PC for them to include that scene in the show! Far out, man! It's about time they added Tyreese! He's super likeable!Quote:Originally Posted by mainy
So uh... people that know old Levi's... what are these if anything? Sadly back tag is gone. Another weird thing, there are no rear rivets, they are just sewn through. Selvage is white line, there are no tags whatsoever on the inside. Levi's written on both sides of the back red tag. $7.99
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm no expert but they look like they are made during or after the 60s where they took out the back rivets due to complains that they scratched up furniture.Quote:
I've seen 70s Big E goes as high as $300 on the Bay. Most def. a great find!post #56047 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:50pmpost #56048 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:52pmpost #56049 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:53pmpost #56050 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:55pmpost #56051 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:55pmpost #56052 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:56pmpost #56053 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:56pmpost #56054 of 13872812/3/12 at 8:59pmpost #56055 of 13872812/3/12 at 9:06pmNat -those wolverines are beautiful.
Good finds all around! Vintage Big E's and ton's of RLPL and J. Press nicely done!!
My finds from the past few days. All shirts
Vinevard Vines Size S. These do well on eBay, however available if anyone is interested
J. Press 17-34 Available
Steven Alan Reverse Seam for Me
Favorite find, Engineered Garments Chambray shirt. Fits a little big on me but I think I'm keeping anyways
Lastly, the Ralph Lauren Indian Madras Pop-over shirt. I was looking for one of these all summer. Oh well, this one doesn't fit me anyways. Available.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Cars We Drive! 12 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 7 minutes ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 8 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 10 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 21 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 28 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...