or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3702

post #55516 of 114522
s_allen_p, nice Isaia! Staple color/pattern too. Well done.
post #55517 of 114522
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Don't know if anyone has seen it yet but SF just rolled out a spectacular new mobile version. Must be why the site was screwy all afternoon. It has easy photo uploading right from your phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post

See it and love it. Quoting works quite well too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post

This is wonderful.
No finds for me recently.

It's really pretty cool. Noticed it the other night. Makes getting to messages much easier. Though getting back to the main menu is a little balky. And what's that icon on the top left, and what do all those numbers mean? Clicking it doesn't do anything on my phone.

Forgot to brag about some sweet, sweet vintage early 1960s tonic narrow straight ties, straight out of the Rat Pack. And today I picked up some Canali trou (gray, flat front, size 40, crisp and minty) and a couple of summery woven silk ties.
post #55518 of 114522
Pal Zileri 100% cashmere suit; size 46R; double-vented and very soft

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #55519 of 114522
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Barney's sale is on... there's some great stuff in accessories. 

Thanks for the tip! Actually found a really nice pocket square, so I went to order it and if I try to use a US address, I can't use my credit card's Austrian billing. Change the shipping to Austria and the price goes from $49 with free shipping to €77 ffffuuuu.gif
post #55520 of 114522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post

Pal Zileri 100% cashmere suit; size 46R; double-vented and very soft
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

That's a beaut! Sartoriale is their highest line, right?
post #55521 of 114522
Had to fight temptation this afternoon at lunch. Popped by my two local Marshall's and found a ton of stuff, including:

Ballantyne Limited cashmere shawl neck cardigan, L ($120)
Moncler Gamme Bleu bomber jacket, M ($499)
75% Angora/25% virgin PRL Gleen Plaid SC, 44 ($399)
RLBL coffee suede blouson, M/L ($1,000)
E Zegna 50/50 wool/cash overcoat, 42 ($1,000)
Brioni 100% cash navy blazer, 50 ($1,200)

Decent prices but nothing Earth shattering. Still, encouraging to see another wave of nice stuff hitting for the holidays. The majority of the original retail tags looked to come from Barney's and Wilkes.
post #55522 of 114522
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Barney's sale is on... there's some great stuff in accessories. 

Don't remind me. Spent $200 on sweater from that sale (purple version of the one in spoiler) shog[1].gif Going to get my thrift card revoked.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not-thrift fit - wore a variation of this today
TOJ jacket... we can pretend it's thrifted too if that's your thing
post #55523 of 114522
Well I'm off to visit my friend in another city, so hopefully I can hit some thrift stores at another part of British Columbia. In the mean time, in the spirit of sharing, I give you my thrift fit pic


Suit is my first thrift item, probably Indochino
Blue OCBD from Faconnable
Tie from Dunhill

I'm also wearing a pair of thrifted suspenders as well.
post #55524 of 114522
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyver00 View Post

Well I'm off to visit my friend in another city, so hopefully I can hit some thrift stores at another part of British Columbia. In the mean time, in the spirit of sharing, I give you my thrift fit pic

Suit is my first thrift item, probably Indochino
Blue OCBD from Faconnable
Tie from Dunhill
I'm also wearing a pair of thrifted suspenders as well.

Nice look, especially the tie. biggrin.gif

post #55525 of 114522
Anyone here a Barbour expert? Need some in-store assistance. Do these tags look legit?8135B74E-FE67-430B-AEBE-33E1C5726A5C-9553-0000085BE70E9839.jpg

The interior lining- is it supposed to be soft? This isn't as soft as I'd expect,
Though it looks like there might be a removable liner that's missing. Help!
post #55526 of 114522

Yes.  And I've handled one and they're amazing.  Definitely a cut above their (already excellent) mainline/grupo forall stuff. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansderHund View Post


That's a beaut! Sartoriale is their highest line, right?
post #55527 of 114522
Yes, I have since trimmed that nail.



ffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gif
post #55528 of 114522
barbour looks legit to me, but I'm not an expert. I would take a chance if it were me.

Also, how much do you love the mobile site right now? biggrin.gif
post #55529 of 114522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

Anyone here a Barbour expert? Need some in-store assistance. Do these tags look legit?8135B74E-FE67-430B-AEBE-33E1C5726A5C-9553-0000085BE70E9839.jpg
The interior lining- is it supposed to be soft? This isn't as soft as I'd expect,
Though it looks like there might be a removable liner that's missing. Help!

It's real. Grab it if the price is right. I think they sold a vest or something separately that zipped into some models of their jackets.
post #55530 of 114522
Totally just left it because I didn't think it felt right. It was..... $25. They were closing, I was waiting to hear, they wouldn't hold it. So it's currently sort of hidden.
Edited by Evil Abed - 11/30/12 at 3:42am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread