or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3695

post #55411 of 112355

Was thinking the same thing but figured I was dreaming.

post #55412 of 112355
I went back to the same store I got the RRL jeans from and found this grey oxford Temple of Jawnz shirt in medium. I dont know much about this brand but I see it posted a lot in the SW&D forum. One of the collar buttons is missing but thats an easy fix.

post #55413 of 112355
^ based on what i've read about TOJ in SW&D, i fully expect cos and noob to do this very soon:


if i were you, i'd keep whatever magic honey pot store you've stumbled upon a CLOSELY GUARDED SECRET JUST BETWEEN YOU AND ME.
post #55414 of 112355
Quote:
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits View Post

I went back to the same store I got the RRL jeans from and found this grey oxford Temple of Jawnz shirt in medium. I dont know much about this brand but I see it posted a lot in the SW&D forum. One of the collar buttons is missing but thats an easy fix.

what
post #55415 of 112355
Yeah, I mean the rareness of that ToJ find is up there with DM7's Roy jeans.

In other news, got my secrete santa gift today from Towers. Let me tell you something about Towers. Towers is the dude of dudes. Definitely a top five dude in North America and undisputedly the sweetest dude in all of Canada. Thanks buddy, I love the stuff you sent me!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #55416 of 112355
Quote:
Originally Posted by horse's_ass View Post

Yeah, I mean the rareness of that ToJ find is up there with DM7's Roy jeans.
In other news, got my secrete santa gift today from Towers. Let me tell you something about Towers. Towers is the dude of dudes. Definitely a top five dude in North America and undisputedly the sweetest dude in all of Canada. Thanks buddy, I love the stuff you sent me!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

The funny thing is I saw it earlier when I was there and I recognized the logo but I wasnt sure where from and I didnt have a lot of time so I passed it up and then I was at home looking at some blog and I saw it pop up and I was like hey there is that damn logo again. Once I figured it out I headed back to the place and there it was right where I left it in all its $5 glory. I guess not a lot of people here know anything about those brands.
post #55417 of 112355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

Big Trouble in Little China. Which if you're a fan of, you'll dig this little thing my friends made... (not animated)

 

HAhahaha! Awesome! IS this considered a high production video? I couldn't tell because it look like one of them raperz' video.

post #55418 of 112355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

Big Trouble in Little China. Which if you're a fan of, you'll dig this little thing my friends made... (not animated)

 

HAhahaha! Awesome! IS this considered a high production video? I couldn't tell because it look like one of them raperz' video.

post #55419 of 112355
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post

A couple recent finds:
My first Hermes:


 

My favorite Hermes pattern so far. Nice.

post #55420 of 112355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

Big Trouble in Little China. Which if you're a fan of, you'll dig this little thing my friends made... (not animated)


Love it! Very well done. That movie was awesome... Or awesomely bad... I'm never sure which one, but it's fun.

post #55421 of 112355
Quick one store stop today.
Canali wool/cashmere lined raincoat. EU 50


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Terrific Patagonia field coat, lined with synchilla. L


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

My first ever Dunhill. Old Zegna? May go back as there is a tiny hole on the back.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Made in England Cole Haan captoes. Need a little love but in good overall condition. C&Js, I think.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #55422 of 112355
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Thrift fit 2 for 1 deal
Like. Looking good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

Ran into a lawyer friend today, and he says that no crime would have been committed--if you find something in a public place, it is finders-keepers, and the jacket and the pocket with the money in constitute a public place.
I'm not sure I agree with this analysis. Could depend on state law and/or civil versus criminal. At the very least, it cannot be that the pocket of someone else's property (be it the store's or mine) is a public place. And as for the buttons thing, the dude meant the spare buttons, in the little baggie. Not the ones attached to the jacket. Either way I've already lost sufficient interest to mount a cogent rebuttal. Plus, nobody's paying my fee.

As for why there are so many lawyers on the thrift thread: a) we don't get paid as much as you think we do; 2) we're smart enough not to pay retail, and d) we're probably one of the few professions that still has to wear the stuff found at these shops on any regular basis.

EDIT:

INTEREST CHECK. Hit one store today and found a 46L PRL Made in Italy (Corneliani) blue pinstripe suit. Dual vent but also dual pleat. Did not carefully inspect the condition because it was pretty pricey and I was in a rush. Can proxy if someone is interested (trade or straight proxy). PM me with interest.
post #55423 of 112355
ToJ at a thrift store?? cRaZy...
post #55424 of 112355
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post


Like. Looking good.
I'm not sure I agree with this analysis. Could depend on state law and/or civil versus criminal. At the very least, it cannot be that the pocket of someone else's property (be it the store's or mine) is a public place. And as for the buttons thing, the dude meant the spare buttons, in the little baggie. Not the ones attached to the jacket. Either way I've already lost sufficient interest to mount a cogent rebuttal. Plus, nobody's paying my fee.
As for why there are so many lawyers on the thrift thread: a) we don't get paid as much as you think we do; 2) we're smart enough not to pay retail, and d) we're probably one of the few professions that still has to wear the stuff found at these shops on any regular basis.


I wasn't asking why there's so many, just pointing out y'all like to argue... at length... Dig answered this in one word lol8[1].gif

post #55425 of 112355
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin View Post

Terrific Patagonia field coat, lined with synchilla. L
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Such a sick jacket!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread