Epic post, Ray!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3684post #55246 of 13872811/26/12 at 10:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #55247 of 13872811/26/12 at 10:19pmpost #55248 of 13872811/26/12 at 10:24pmpost #55249 of 13872811/26/12 at 10:51pmpost #55250 of 13872811/26/12 at 11:47pm
So this was by no means a thrift find, but an awesome discount score via the bay. I currently have been using the predecessor to this, made by another company since the beginning of time. Picked her up earlier today...
I offered a few hundred less than he was asking in the auction, and he actually accepted. It's only the second one I've seen on the bay since it came out. For reference, here's what both pieces go for at B&H- Blimp & Tube. Now, I don't even own the 70-200 yet, but he sold me the tube for $50, so it was a wise investment for the future. Also, it's actually for the Mark II, but physically/functionally it's the same save for the controls on the back plate (I'll get a new back for my Mark III). Grand total- Six Franklins and a Grant!
Best of all it's barely been used. It's seen some famous faces already though, it was used to photograph everyone seen here... Sound City.
Saw this at the local haunt today, thought it was kinda cool and random. Plus I need some art for my walls. But the frame, though heavy and solid, was scratched up and the glass is broken in the corner. Still at $15 I may see if it's there a week from now. Doubt it thoughpost #55251 of 13872811/26/12 at 11:50pmQuote:It was a bit ambiguous until I got to the Japanese items. Haha!
Seriously though I will share with you guys how amazing this package was when I get a chance!Quote:I believe the plan was that your secret sant-ee would recieve them by the 21st (20th?) of December. I have a few things lined up for mine but I'm holding out shipping in hopes I can find something else!post #55252 of 13872811/27/12 at 3:42ampost #55253 of 13872811/27/12 at 4:59am
Continuing my Cover the World with Tweed initiative.
Harris Tweed Grayish Beige Herringbone with multicolored stripes - 44R
Brooks Brothers Tweed Brown Herringbone 3 roll 2 - 42R meaures like a 44 (23" p2p)
Black and White Houndstooth Check SC, Ticket Pocket - 38R
Harris Tweed Beige and Green Herringbone - 44R
Donegal Tweed Dark Greenish Brown 3 Button - 40-42R (22 p2p)
Strange Tweed Shooting Shirt Jac - 40R
Harris Tweed Gray Herringbone with blue and beige stripes - 40R
Sweet Woolrich Tweed Car Coat - 42Rpost #55254 of 13872811/27/12 at 5:21amQuote:
Thanks Apollo, really kind of you to offer. PM sent.
You've been Peemd.
Thanks man!post #55255 of 13872811/27/12 at 5:35amQuote:
No words for this, Apollo.
DM7, perhaps you should try to do both by moving to an easier major. With your intelligence, entrepreneurship, and enthusiasm/hard work I suspect better things are waiting for you in future; and you will need and use that college degree. My 2 cents.post #55256 of 13872811/27/12 at 6:08ampost #55257 of 13872811/27/12 at 6:09ampost #55258 of 13872811/27/12 at 6:23ampost #55259 of 13872811/27/12 at 7:12amQuote:
I am not a Tag expert but shouldn't it say Swiss Made? It could be before and/or during a time when Tag didn't use that phrase...? I am not really up on anything Tag Heuer. Did you remove the caseback?post #55260 of 13872811/27/12 at 7:19amQuote:
Absolutely. College is not for everyone--think folks who need remedial courses upon arrival on campus--but if you have the brains, which is obvious in this case, you should really finish school. For every Bill Gates dropout, there are 100 others who toil for way less than they're worth for lack of a diploma. That's just reality.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 1 minute ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments Aviator Jacket/Navy Twill/Sz. M 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?