Epic post, Ray!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:22 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3684post #55246 of 13872811/26/12 at 10:17pmpost #55247 of 13872811/26/12 at 10:19pmpost #55248 of 13872811/26/12 at 10:24pmpost #55249 of 13872811/26/12 at 10:51pmpost #55250 of 13872811/26/12 at 11:47pm
So this was by no means a thrift find, but an awesome discount score via the bay. I currently have been using the predecessor to this, made by another company since the beginning of time. Picked her up earlier today...
I offered a few hundred less than he was asking in the auction, and he actually accepted. It's only the second one I've seen on the bay since it came out. For reference, here's what both pieces go for at B&H- Blimp & Tube. Now, I don't even own the 70-200 yet, but he sold me the tube for $50, so it was a wise investment for the future. Also, it's actually for the Mark II, but physically/functionally it's the same save for the controls on the back plate (I'll get a new back for my Mark III). Grand total- Six Franklins and a Grant!
Best of all it's barely been used. It's seen some famous faces already though, it was used to photograph everyone seen here... Sound City.
Saw this at the local haunt today, thought it was kinda cool and random. Plus I need some art for my walls. But the frame, though heavy and solid, was scratched up and the glass is broken in the corner. Still at $15 I may see if it's there a week from now. Doubt it thoughpost #55251 of 13872811/26/12 at 11:50pmQuote:It was a bit ambiguous until I got to the Japanese items. Haha!
Seriously though I will share with you guys how amazing this package was when I get a chance!Quote:I believe the plan was that your secret sant-ee would recieve them by the 21st (20th?) of December. I have a few things lined up for mine but I'm holding out shipping in hopes I can find something else!post #55252 of 13872811/27/12 at 3:42ampost #55253 of 13872811/27/12 at 4:59am
Continuing my Cover the World with Tweed initiative.
Harris Tweed Grayish Beige Herringbone with multicolored stripes - 44R
Brooks Brothers Tweed Brown Herringbone 3 roll 2 - 42R meaures like a 44 (23" p2p)
Black and White Houndstooth Check SC, Ticket Pocket - 38R
Harris Tweed Beige and Green Herringbone - 44R
Donegal Tweed Dark Greenish Brown 3 Button - 40-42R (22 p2p)
Strange Tweed Shooting Shirt Jac - 40R
Harris Tweed Gray Herringbone with blue and beige stripes - 40R
Sweet Woolrich Tweed Car Coat - 42Rpost #55254 of 13872811/27/12 at 5:21amQuote:
Thanks Apollo, really kind of you to offer. PM sent.
You've been Peemd.
Thanks man!post #55255 of 13872811/27/12 at 5:35amQuote:
No words for this, Apollo.
DM7, perhaps you should try to do both by moving to an easier major. With your intelligence, entrepreneurship, and enthusiasm/hard work I suspect better things are waiting for you in future; and you will need and use that college degree. My 2 cents.post #55256 of 13872811/27/12 at 6:08ampost #55257 of 13872811/27/12 at 6:09ampost #55258 of 13872811/27/12 at 6:23ampost #55259 of 13872811/27/12 at 7:12amQuote:
I am not a Tag expert but shouldn't it say Swiss Made? It could be before and/or during a time when Tag didn't use that phrase...? I am not really up on anything Tag Heuer. Did you remove the caseback?post #55260 of 13872811/27/12 at 7:19amQuote:
Absolutely. College is not for everyone--think folks who need remedial courses upon arrival on campus--but if you have the brains, which is obvious in this case, you should really finish school. For every Bill Gates dropout, there are 100 others who toil for way less than they're worth for lack of a diploma. That's just reality.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › things that are making you happy 30 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 47 seconds ago
- › Bespoke suit from Savile Row London - A structured process to... 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 8 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding