Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 12/6/16 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3673post #55081 of 13872811/24/12 at 6:31pmpost #55082 of 13872811/24/12 at 6:34pmQuote:
I have tried selling some women's shoes on eBay - D&G, Jimmy Choo, Ferragamo, and have had less that stellar success. IMO you have to watch the size. While a D&G in 6 AAAA may look great and be in perfect condition, unfortunately the only place that you can sell them is in the Philippines. So be careful, unless they are for your own use. . .
If you feel remorse for the vest, please send it to me - perfect Winter wear for where I am located! As noted vintage Schott is generally good.
Edited by mjt73106 - 11/25/12 at 5:04ampost #55083 of 13872811/24/12 at 6:41pmpost #55084 of 13872811/24/12 at 6:54pmpost #55085 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:03pmpost #55086 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:04pmQuote:
+1. I did sell a HF suit the other day for $100, but I've had a couple of really great HF sport coats that have yet to sell. I think I've had better luck with Brooks Brothers.post #55087 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:05pmQuote:
The licensed stuff sits, in my experience. Shame because it's reasonably well made, as most HF stuff was at the time. But I guess the people who jones for G&H tend to jones for the real thing.
I have two things to report:
1. The Method doesn't work when leather is involved. RIP Trafalgar.
2. You really can find anything anywhere. I found Zegna in Palmer MA. Old and tired, so a pass. But proof of concept nontheless.
That is all. Carry on.post #55088 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:06pm
Holy crap, you guys have been killin' it lately! I thrifted my way downstate to for Thanksgiving, but only found this.
Found the above in my hometown. Pop: 700post #55089 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:17pmMy first Saville Row bespoke today, after many year's of thrifting and it has a very sad ending.
The Welsh & Jefferies was a double breasted. The Plews an orphaned dinner jacket. Both moth bitten beyond repair. Very sad.post #55090 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:26pm
That Samuelsohn is relevant to my interests, and my size. PM en route!Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I really just needed to go out and go for the thrill, not the kill, but since you asked..
everything available, I dont need any more stuff to measure
Samuelsohn suit 40R/34W in staple grey Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #55091 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:42pmQuote:
Painful to see.
Your reference to the DJ reminded me: Stopped into an antique store and got to talking to the guy about mission furniture. Conversation eventually turned to other passions, including clothing. So he busts out three early 1900s era tuxes he just bought. 100% hand made and built like tanks. Brianpore / CesarC size and white tie style (no tails, but cut very short). Dude's prices on other things were retail, so didn't even bother getting a price. But they were still cool to see.post #55092 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:52pmpost #55093 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:58pmpost #55094 of 13872811/24/12 at 8:02pmpost #55095 of 13872811/24/12 at 8:44pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 14 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 15 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 19 minutes ago
- › Jomers 19 minutes ago
- › New Tie - What to wear with it? 24 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 33 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 35 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 36 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...