Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:30 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 11/14/15 at 8:04pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 11/2/15 at 2:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Last edited: Today
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3673
Styleforum Top Picks
I have tried selling some women's shoes on eBay - D&G, Jimmy Choo, Ferragamo, and have had less that stellar success. IMO you have to watch the size. While a D&G in 6 AAAA may look great and be in perfect condition, unfortunately the only place that you can sell them is in the Philippines. So be careful, unless they are for your own use. . .
If you feel remorse for the vest, please send it to me - perfect Winter wear for where I am located! As noted vintage Schott is generally good.
Edited by mjt73106 - 11/25/12 at 5:04am
+1. I did sell a HF suit the other day for $100, but I've had a couple of really great HF sport coats that have yet to sell. I think I've had better luck with Brooks Brothers.
The licensed stuff sits, in my experience. Shame because it's reasonably well made, as most HF stuff was at the time. But I guess the people who jones for G&H tend to jones for the real thing.
I have two things to report:
1. The Method doesn't work when leather is involved. RIP Trafalgar.
2. You really can find anything anywhere. I found Zegna in Palmer MA. Old and tired, so a pass. But proof of concept nontheless.
That is all. Carry on.
Holy crap, you guys have been killin' it lately! I thrifted my way downstate to for Thanksgiving, but only found this.
Found the above in my hometown. Pop: 700
The Welsh & Jefferies was a double breasted. The Plews an orphaned dinner jacket. Both moth bitten beyond repair. Very sad.
That Samuelsohn is relevant to my interests, and my size. PM en route!
I really just needed to go out and go for the thrill, not the kill, but since you asked..
everything available, I dont need any more stuff to measure
Samuelsohn suit 40R/34W in staple grey Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Painful to see.
Your reference to the DJ reminded me: Stopped into an antique store and got to talking to the guy about mission furniture. Conversation eventually turned to other passions, including clothing. So he busts out three early 1900s era tuxes he just bought. 100% hand made and built like tanks. Brianpore / CesarC size and white tie style (no tails, but cut very short). Dude's prices on other things were retail, so didn't even bother getting a price. But they were still cool to see.
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 minutes ago
- › Shanghai Tailors: Midrange 26 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 33 minutes ago
- › The Suits of Spectre (2015), the latest Bond film 34 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories