Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:25 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3673post #55081 of 13872811/24/12 at 6:31pmpost #55082 of 13872811/24/12 at 6:34pmQuote:
I have tried selling some women's shoes on eBay - D&G, Jimmy Choo, Ferragamo, and have had less that stellar success. IMO you have to watch the size. While a D&G in 6 AAAA may look great and be in perfect condition, unfortunately the only place that you can sell them is in the Philippines. So be careful, unless they are for your own use. . .
If you feel remorse for the vest, please send it to me - perfect Winter wear for where I am located! As noted vintage Schott is generally good.
Edited by mjt73106 - 11/25/12 at 5:04ampost #55083 of 13872811/24/12 at 6:41pmpost #55084 of 13872811/24/12 at 6:54pmpost #55085 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:03pmpost #55086 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:04pmQuote:
+1. I did sell a HF suit the other day for $100, but I've had a couple of really great HF sport coats that have yet to sell. I think I've had better luck with Brooks Brothers.post #55087 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:05pmQuote:
The licensed stuff sits, in my experience. Shame because it's reasonably well made, as most HF stuff was at the time. But I guess the people who jones for G&H tend to jones for the real thing.
I have two things to report:
1. The Method doesn't work when leather is involved. RIP Trafalgar.
2. You really can find anything anywhere. I found Zegna in Palmer MA. Old and tired, so a pass. But proof of concept nontheless.
That is all. Carry on.post #55088 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:06pm
Holy crap, you guys have been killin' it lately! I thrifted my way downstate to for Thanksgiving, but only found this.
Found the above in my hometown. Pop: 700post #55089 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:17pmMy first Saville Row bespoke today, after many year's of thrifting and it has a very sad ending.
The Welsh & Jefferies was a double breasted. The Plews an orphaned dinner jacket. Both moth bitten beyond repair. Very sad.post #55090 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:26pm
That Samuelsohn is relevant to my interests, and my size. PM en route!Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I really just needed to go out and go for the thrill, not the kill, but since you asked..
everything available, I dont need any more stuff to measure
Samuelsohn suit 40R/34W in staple grey Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #55091 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:42pmQuote:
Painful to see.
Your reference to the DJ reminded me: Stopped into an antique store and got to talking to the guy about mission furniture. Conversation eventually turned to other passions, including clothing. So he busts out three early 1900s era tuxes he just bought. 100% hand made and built like tanks. Brianpore / CesarC size and white tie style (no tails, but cut very short). Dude's prices on other things were retail, so didn't even bother getting a price. But they were still cool to see.post #55092 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:52pmpost #55093 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:58pmpost #55094 of 13872811/24/12 at 8:02pmpost #55095 of 13872811/24/12 at 8:44pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › N.D.C Made By Hand Brown Suede Boot 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding