Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3673post #55081 of 13872811/24/12 at 6:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #55082 of 13872811/24/12 at 6:34pmQuote:
I have tried selling some women's shoes on eBay - D&G, Jimmy Choo, Ferragamo, and have had less that stellar success. IMO you have to watch the size. While a D&G in 6 AAAA may look great and be in perfect condition, unfortunately the only place that you can sell them is in the Philippines. So be careful, unless they are for your own use. . .
If you feel remorse for the vest, please send it to me - perfect Winter wear for where I am located! As noted vintage Schott is generally good.
Edited by mjt73106 - 11/25/12 at 5:04ampost #55083 of 13872811/24/12 at 6:41pmpost #55084 of 13872811/24/12 at 6:54pmpost #55085 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:03pmpost #55086 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:04pmQuote:
+1. I did sell a HF suit the other day for $100, but I've had a couple of really great HF sport coats that have yet to sell. I think I've had better luck with Brooks Brothers.post #55087 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:05pmQuote:
The licensed stuff sits, in my experience. Shame because it's reasonably well made, as most HF stuff was at the time. But I guess the people who jones for G&H tend to jones for the real thing.
I have two things to report:
1. The Method doesn't work when leather is involved. RIP Trafalgar.
2. You really can find anything anywhere. I found Zegna in Palmer MA. Old and tired, so a pass. But proof of concept nontheless.
That is all. Carry on.post #55088 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:06pm
Holy crap, you guys have been killin' it lately! I thrifted my way downstate to for Thanksgiving, but only found this.
Found the above in my hometown. Pop: 700post #55089 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:17pmMy first Saville Row bespoke today, after many year's of thrifting and it has a very sad ending.
The Welsh & Jefferies was a double breasted. The Plews an orphaned dinner jacket. Both moth bitten beyond repair. Very sad.post #55090 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:26pm
That Samuelsohn is relevant to my interests, and my size. PM en route!Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I really just needed to go out and go for the thrill, not the kill, but since you asked..
everything available, I dont need any more stuff to measure
Samuelsohn suit 40R/34W in staple grey Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #55091 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:42pmQuote:
Painful to see.
Your reference to the DJ reminded me: Stopped into an antique store and got to talking to the guy about mission furniture. Conversation eventually turned to other passions, including clothing. So he busts out three early 1900s era tuxes he just bought. 100% hand made and built like tanks. Brianpore / CesarC size and white tie style (no tails, but cut very short). Dude's prices on other things were retail, so didn't even bother getting a price. But they were still cool to see.post #55092 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:52pmpost #55093 of 13872811/24/12 at 7:58pmpost #55094 of 13872811/24/12 at 8:02pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 10 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 12 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 13 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 14 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 19 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 20 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?