Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:26 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 10/22/16 at 2:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3659post #54871 of 13872811/21/12 at 5:49pmpost #54872 of 13872811/21/12 at 6:02pmQuote:
I'm guessing no holidays bonuses this year?Quote:
OMG! Go kop now!!! If it fits you, even better!Quote:Originally Posted by capnwes
Check out this piece of awesomeness
That is a beautiful shade!post #54873 of 13872811/21/12 at 6:03pmpost #54874 of 13872811/21/12 at 6:09pmpost #54875 of 13872811/21/12 at 6:14pmpost #54876 of 13872811/21/12 at 6:23pmpost #54877 of 13872811/21/12 at 6:45pmpost #54878 of 13872811/21/12 at 7:44pmpost #54879 of 13872811/21/12 at 7:50pmpost #54880 of 13872811/21/12 at 7:56pmpost #54881 of 13872811/21/12 at 8:03pmpost #54882 of 13872811/21/12 at 8:11pmpost #54883 of 13872811/21/12 at 8:17pm
Holy hell, I've just caught up on the last WEEK of posts in one multiple-hour session
To all of the *amazing* finds recently,
To everyone being strangely touchy,
Brian, that azure paisley tie is wonderful! Love me some bright blues. (Tie trade? I got stuffs.)
Ruben, that smoking jacket is baller! WANT! PM sent.
Also, happy belated birthday to GMMcL ! On that note, I'd like to send some shout-outs, especially since it will soon be the day of giving thanks...
- GMMcL for a good trade, and tonylumpkin for the lovely Hanover shell saddles (from his sick shoe haul several days ago) that I'll be wearing for the holiday tomorrow.
- Shiny -- thanks so much for hooking me up with that wine-colored flowery Zegna tie way back. Wore it for the first time recently, to the orchestra, wearing a newly-acquired navy Corneliani blazer from Brianpore. Some kickass buttons on that one! So wonderful. Have some pics, but am wayyy too behind on sorting and getting all my pics in order. (I still have to send you some stuff, Brian, but I am *not* your secret santa.)
- HansderHund and Tben for being standup dudes and giving a bro some pointers.
As an aside, I'm not sure if it's a sort of in-joke or some tongue-in-cheek irony, but why do people always mis-type Hans' handle? Hans - der - Hund --> HansderHund . It seems that s tends to wander here and there. Hans is such a good sport that he would probably never point this out, and of course all of this could also be in jest, but I can't. tell.
As for actual contributions on my behalf, I do have some things accumulated slowly over the past few weeks when I go out for myself and for my secret santa recipient (and to proxy for some...). I picked up some more Robert Talbott and Rooster, including a nice navy knit. I also managed to pick up some awesomely thick houndstooth tweed trousers for myself and purple snakeskin pumps and matching handbag (though from different makers) for the gf . Also picked up grey flannel blazer with leather-buttons, vintage Evan Picone (I know, I know, but it seemed not terrible), also for the gf. Oh, and grey NWT Faconnable 31 that I'm keeping (unless someone convinces me otherwise). Some other stuff also, but either not noteworthy or for the secret santa potlatch. I was planning on taking pics and such, but gah, the time it takes to do such things.... Will do so eventually; at least before I send stuff off for the potlatch, so I can archive my finds.
Edited by CesarC - 11/21/12 at 8:35pmpost #54884 of 13872811/21/12 at 8:20pm
I myself prefer unvented for many styles, as it flatters my body well. Vents have a tendency to cause gapping on me, especially bad with double-vents in a light-weight fabric on a fitted jacket. For slim-fitted jackets in particular, unvented can look quite good, IMO better than double-vented. Of course this depends on the build -- I am pretty slim and athletically built.post #54885 of 13872811/21/12 at 8:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by pnutpug
A bike mechanic? You are doing God's work. Seriously. We'd all be better off with more good bike mechanics and fewer crafty lawyers. People who fix bikes or cars or sinks or airplanes are actually doing something, which can't be said for a lot of other folks. I imagine your time spent in meetings is minimal.
Is in law school...
Grabbed a nice PRL tie for myself.
Left a cotton plaid PRL tie. Christmassy so I thought about kopping but nah. Saw several Canali shirts at 9.50 a pop. Would've grabbed for myself, but not to flip. One fray sportswear one, a nice sportswear one my size but a meh pattern, and a straight blue. The big heartbreaker was an older label (but new looking) BB GF suit. Would've snagged for myself, but just 1-2 sizes too small
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Fall closet cleaning! TIES bundle 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › Edoya Handmade Horsehair Shoe Brush 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Lotuff & Clegg Bags? 21 minutes ago
- › Should your belt always match your shoes? 36 minutes ago
- › Cotton Joggers with zippers on the ankles? 37 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 37 minutes ago
- › Overcoat Advice 39 minutes ago
- › Suede Oxfords....with shorts? OK or not? 43 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...