or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3654

post #54796 of 112275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt73106 View Post

 

What size are the riding boots? Any brand or info on the inside?

 

The Dual is a great find! Congratulations!


They are 44 or 45 and in very good condition, I will check for brand and post later. I think I might shorten them/cut off like 5 cm, they reach all the way to the knee now.

 

I didn't know Dual was a brand to look for, cool, thx

post #54797 of 112275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand View Post

Where do you guys get all this great stuff? All local thrift and consignment/second-hand stores? If so, does anyone have any recommendations for good ones in the Philadelphia area?

This is my turf!fight[1].gif

 

J/k welcome to the club fistbump.gif As far as GOOD ones, can't really say yet. The ones I've been to occasionally have something decent, but usually a lot of junk to sift through. Persistence is the key.

post #54798 of 112275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand View Post

Where do you guys get all this great stuff? All local thrift and consignment/second-hand stores? If so, does anyone have any recommendations for good ones in the Philadelphia area?
Are there any good places online to find great deals on clothes and shoes?
Sorry for the noob question, I figured this would be the place to ask.

 

I'm not from that area but experiences tell me you can find gold anywhere. You just have to dig through all the dirt. Go search where all the rich areas are. Check the thrift stores in those areas. Chances of you finding something nice will be higher, in theory.

 

Also, generally speaking, folks don't usually reveal their honey holes to just anyone, let along strangers...patch[1].gif

post #54799 of 112275
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyver00 View Post

Can someone tell me whether this is a good deal or not? I'm just surprised to see a cashmere Brioni for $175. I have no interest int getting this.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/clo/3387312913.html

If you have no interest, maybe you proxy for me?
post #54800 of 112275
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

It's even more to think about when you are drying your face when you realize another dude was drying his junk with that same towel.

I think I read somewhere that thing you really want to watch out for is the remote control. Supposedly the most germ laden thing in a hotel room. I've heard of someone - not me ; ) - who brings their own ziplock bag to put it in.
post #54801 of 112275
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post

I think I read somewhere that thing you really want to watch out for is the remote control. Supposedly the most sperm laden thing in a hotel room. I've heard of someone - not me ; ) - who brings their own ziplock bag to put it in.

I think this is what we're all really worried about.
post #54802 of 112275
Is there a vomiting emoticon?
post #54803 of 112275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

also the other suit came
I think this one fits even better to begin with (plus has side vents), I think I will have to do less tailoring and it fits me shoulder and length of jacket wise unlike some other things I have posted. I am for sure going to add a good deal more waist suppression and lengthen the sleeves so they are even, and the pants are going to be slimmed.

I ran into the same issue with those paul stuart suits I found. The pants are really baggy, and I'm afraid with all the work the suit would need I would be better off selling them (or at least 1 of the 2). Granted, even with $75 of tailoring the suit would still be a huge bargain, so it's a tough choice. Overall I'm happy with what I've been able to keep for myself. I found a PRL dual-vent tweed with a ticket pocket that, IMO, makes more sense to keep over an ill-fitting PS suit in a staple color. I can walk into any department store and find a million staple suits, but a nice tweed with a ticket pocket is a bit harder to find - and it's far more versatile than a pinstripe suit.
post #54804 of 112275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand View Post

Where do you guys get all this great stuff? All local thrift and consignment/second-hand stores? If so, does anyone have any recommendations for good ones in the Philadelphia area?

Are there any good places online to find great deals on clothes and shoes?

Sorry for the noob question, I figured this would be the place to ask.

 

I'm not surprised your question got lost during the past 24 hours: The thread has clearly degenerated into a morass of narcissistic wounding during that time. As for Philadelphia, I have no advice, but if you ever make your way to St. Paul, pick up a copy of this:

 

1000

 

Good luck, and welcome.

 

Randy

post #54805 of 112275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

 

1000

 

 

 

An instant classic.

post #54806 of 112275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

 

I'm not surprised your question got lost during the past 24 hours: The thread has clearly degenerated into a morass of narcissistic wounding during that time. As for Philadelphia, I have no advice, but if you ever make your way to St. Paul, pick up a copy of this:

 

1000

 

Good luck, and welcome.

 

Randy

 

That's a classic!

post #54807 of 112275
post #54808 of 112275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

but if you ever make your way to St. Paul, pick up a copy of this:




I made a lot of money off of this national best seller. The plan backfired on me though as I created a ton of competition which should explain my long dry spells lately. Ya just can't win. laugh.gif
post #54809 of 112275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post


I made a lot of money off of this national best seller. The plan backfired on me though as I created a ton of competition which should explain my long dry spells lately. Ya just can't win. laugh.gif

 

Is it safe to assume that there are a lot of general rules in there that would apply to any region?  Don't worry, I'm in PA  :)

post #54810 of 112275
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldSpider View Post

 

Is it safe to assume that there are a lot of general rules in there that would apply to any region?  Don't worry, I'm in PA  :)

Where in PA? peepwall[1].gif

 

 

 

TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT (Click to show)

1000

 

biggrin.gif


Edited by capnwes - 11/21/12 at 8:08am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread