Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:02 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 4/26/16 at 4:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3646post #54676 of 13872811/20/12 at 1:43pmpost #54677 of 13872811/20/12 at 1:53pmI used to find them pretty often years ago (mostly Technics) but these days it's a rare find indeed. It's tough to even find the garbage Realistic junk from Radio Shack, let alone a Dual or Thorens. I've been lucky to have bought a few to have around the house as these days you have better luck coming across a nice recent Brioni dress shirt in your size than a decent turntable.
One of my grail finds is a Dual 701 I picked up last year. Still has the original box, packing materials and owners manual. The thing is mint. Paid $15 for it. Box is in the crawl space and the TT is hooked up in my record room. Love it!post #54678 of 13872811/20/12 at 1:55pmpost #54679 of 13872811/20/12 at 2:33pmpost #54680 of 13872811/20/12 at 2:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by ChetBakerSings
Made a stop while running errands today. Five minutes before closing, found this:
"Where there's smoke there's fire" held true. Kept looking, found this:
Holy crap. Two minutes until closing and found these:
"Store is now closed" announcement. Had to check the end of the rack one more time on the way to the register, to make sure I didn't miss anything. Bam:
Best part: the Finamores, Oxxford, and Isaia are 16 35s and fit excellently. Not pictured is a nice Zegna button down, also my size.
OOOHHHHH, Black Label Finamore too!
Peep the shoulder seams on that shit.
So jealous of this haul!
Although I had my moment a couple of days ago with a haul that fished 3 Borrelli's and a Finamore Black Label, Only 2 of the Borrelli's were able to pass my quality control and will be making it to my virtual sales floor on the 'bay.
Its been dry as fuck here the last couple of days. I need to expand or something.post #54681 of 13872811/20/12 at 3:17pmpost #54682 of 13872811/20/12 at 3:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nataku
I used to find them pretty often years ago (mostly Technics) but these days it's a rare find indeed. It's tough to even find the garbage Realistic junk from Radio Shack, let alone a Dual or Thorens. I've been lucky to have bought a few to have around the house as these days you have better luck coming across a nice recent Brioni dress shirt in your size than a decent turntable.
One of my grail finds is a Dual 701 I picked up last year. Still has the original box, packing materials and owners manual. The thing is mint. Paid $15 for it. Box is in the crawl space and the TT is hooked up in my record room. Love it!
I managed to stockpile four before the well ran dry. Still run across them once in awhile, though. Aching to try a Yamaha PX-3 linear tracking TT I scored in August on CL for $100. Unfortunately, the dust cover is missing (which I understand is common) and the legs are also missing (which I understand is also common but no big deal). Owing to remodeling, I haven't been able to set it up yet, but I should be good to go by Christmas. Can't wait.post #54683 of 13872811/20/12 at 3:49pm
I left work at 3:30 for good, so I'm now unemployed until Monday. After two+ years, my boss simply shook my hand and told me good luck. Whatever, dude. The worst part is my replacement is literally making a house down payment more than I was simply because he's been a B2B journalist for 10 more years. Does he have a master's degree? Nope. What about web experience, or knowledge of InDesign? Nope. Knowledge of the industry? Nope.
AE Bradford 10 D
I know this isn't the GOOD stuff, but it was $2.50, so whatever.
The bottom sleeve button is just kind of tacked on.post #54684 of 13872811/20/12 at 3:54pmpost #54685 of 13872811/20/12 at 4:01pmpost #54686 of 13872811/20/12 at 4:06pmpost #54687 of 13872811/20/12 at 4:11pm
also the other suit came
I think this one fits even better to begin with (plus has side vents), I think I will have to do less tailoring and it fits me shoulder and length of jacket wise unlike some other things I have posted. I am for sure going to add a good deal more waist suppression and lengthen the sleeves so they are even, and the pants are going to be slimmed. I think once all that is done I wont be in the suit more than $100 also there is a lot of extra fabric underneath the pants should I add a cuff? this is going to be my more formal suit so I am thinking not? also is it possible to take extra fabric and take off the belt loops and make side adjusters? if so I am going to do that on both suit, any idea how expensive that would be?
I still am definitly going to slim the pants thoughpost #54688 of 13872811/20/12 at 4:11pmpost #54689 of 13872811/20/12 at 4:15pmQuote:
Totally misread your post, must be my afternoon sugar low.
Heh, that's pretty pathetic that the company would pay someone higher salary just because he's been working longer. Sounds like he doesn't even have the same skill and knowledge as you. Sux that he's getting paid tonnes more than you.post #54690 of 13872811/20/12 at 4:17pm
Another day, another thrift.
To start things off, we have some AE Randolphs in 8.5D, Available.
Next up we have a couple Sport Coats - I am unsure on them if they were good pickups, so some advice would be appreciated on them
This first one has cloth by Ermenegildo Zegna, Tailored at a local place, Samson Tailors.
In the end, its a bit big in the shoulders for me - looks like it fits as a 42R from what I can tell. This is available or will be sold if it's worth anything and one here is interested.
(One note, the Jacket is more green than the second picture shows, the actual jacket fabric is closer in looks to the first picture on the edges.)
The second here is a Tweed Coat - Tag for The Real Magee, Donegal Tweed - but was sold from Moores. Not sure if this has any value? But I will likely be keeping it either way...
Next a Shirt for me:
And last, but not least, a Sartoriale Suit - No other tags, seems to fit as a 40 - this may be available I have to check how much fabric there is in the sleeves to be let out for my arms... if it wont reach, then it will be available.
*edit i do have the pants, just didnt take pics.
Note that my flash washed out the main shot there again - the fabric is more green like it appears in the label picture.
If anyone had any info on this suit that would be appreciated as I know nothing about it....
Thats all folks! (For today)
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum HoF GMTO - The Hopper Boot PUT YOUR MONEY... 16 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 22 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 26 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 30 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts