odd old smoking or dinner jacket, a it tight on me, more of a 36 or a siim 38
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 5/2/16 at 12:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 4/30/16 at 11:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3643post #54631 of 13872811/20/12 at 8:21ampost #54632 of 13872811/20/12 at 8:22amQuote:Originally Posted by acosbysweater
Do you know how many eggs you can dye for Easter with a few Hermes ties and Versace silk shirts?
And I bought all of these at a thrift store for a few dollars!
Edit: This trend got me thinking. There isn't a time of the year where we don't feel slighted in our thrift store experience. It's a battle out there....the dregs of summer, the ugly Christmas sweater crowd, Halloween costume bros, silk tie egg dyers, etc.
Second edit: Wes, I've frequently tried to check your completed listings but haven't been able because you're set up as a store. Is that a strategic advantage or have you never thought twice about that limitation?
Just go to my user name and check them there....weso0119post #54633 of 13872811/20/12 at 8:23ampost #54634 of 13872811/20/12 at 8:27ampost #54635 of 13872811/20/12 at 8:32ampost #54636 of 13872811/20/12 at 8:44amQuote:
I was thrilled. My wife was upset as she apparently had one in mind for my birthday. She said it was a bit small on me, but I haven't decided whether she's right or if it looks good on me. I usually bounce between an EU56 and 57 and this is a 56 with no padding added to the sweatband.
The mint (it had to have been new) Lock & Co. may have fit you. It was giant on me, but I can't remember the size tagged. Since it was €45 and I wasn't sure anyone here needed a hat, I left it. If I come across anything in a bigger size (let me know your actual size) I'll definitely let you know!Quote:Originally Posted by grendel
Anyone around a 38 want a coat like Handershunds?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Dunhill-100-Cashmere-Coat-Medium-full-length-w-beaver-trim-EXCELLENT-/290815996437?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123Quote:Originally Posted by guyver00
Similar coat, a lot more affordable and bigger, appears to be 42-44
Those are both beautiful and nearly identical to what I have. The second one is grey and mine is midnight blue, but someone grab one of them! $80 is a steal!Quote:
Cool jacket and I love the boots!Quote:post #54637 of 13872811/20/12 at 8:49amQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
Did I make a mistake here? Should I have harvested the buttons instead?post #54638 of 13872811/20/12 at 9:05amQuote:
Edit: When there's a decent product out there with a physical keyboard that doesn't look like a Pledge Paddle, I will upgrade to that. Until then my BetaMax blackberry is the better product.post #54639 of 13872811/20/12 at 9:26ampost #54640 of 13872811/20/12 at 9:31ampost #54641 of 13872811/20/12 at 9:33amI know, that Saks coat is ideal, just too big for me. I can see myself wearing during the coldest days in Vancouver with a suit (not that it gets very cold here, unlike Austria). I'm already on the lookout for something similar after seeing HansderHund's photo.post #54642 of 13872811/20/12 at 10:02amQuote:
It's a great price for it if it's your size. I'm happy that you liked it enough to consider one, I assumed most people would think it's way too out there to be practical It's actually been great here on cold days, though it's been a bit too mild for the past few days to wear it. The brilliant part is the collar that can be flipped up...by far the warmest thing I have and it makes a scarf unnecessary. I'll keep an eye out on eBay...what size do you need?
I actually loved this one, but it was too big for me. I contacted the seller about measurements and apparently it was sold to someone in Australia for a wedding in a castle.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luxurious-Saks-Fifth-Avenue-Mens-Cashmere-Double-Breasted-Dress-Coat-Mink-Collar-/350625339189?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item51a2e61735post #54643 of 13872811/20/12 at 10:16amQuote:
I think I understand what you're looking for ("ripples" in the crease; shell would have none). If these turn out NOT to be shell, would it be a waste of $$ to get them resoled and reconditioned?
(and sorry if this line is getting a little off-track with the thread theme)post #54644 of 13872811/20/12 at 10:39amProbably waste of money to resole, but if you're going to wear them yourself, throw some topy sole on if the sole is really bad, recondition with Lexol and some Meltonian cream, that should do the trick.
Topy is a lot cheaper substitute than a complete resole.post #54645 of 13872811/20/12 at 10:46amQuote:Originally Posted by GoldSpider
I think I understand what you're looking for ("creases" in the ripple; shell would have none). If these turn out NOT to be shell, would it be a waste of $$ to get them resoled and reconditioned?
(and sorry if this line is getting a little off-track with the thread theme)
FTFY - looks like calfskin creasing to me from here, but it is hard to say for certain w/o closeups. I did come across a pair of Florsheim saddles a while back that actually had shell vamps and a calfskin saddle. Thought that was bizzare.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Friday Challenge April 29, 2016: Navy Trousers Unleashed 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 8 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 9 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts