odd old smoking or dinner jacket, a it tight on me, more of a 36 or a siim 38
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:31 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 9/12/16 at 2:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3643post #54631 of 13872811/20/12 at 8:21ampost #54632 of 13872811/20/12 at 8:22amQuote:Originally Posted by acosbysweater
Do you know how many eggs you can dye for Easter with a few Hermes ties and Versace silk shirts?
And I bought all of these at a thrift store for a few dollars!
Edit: This trend got me thinking. There isn't a time of the year where we don't feel slighted in our thrift store experience. It's a battle out there....the dregs of summer, the ugly Christmas sweater crowd, Halloween costume bros, silk tie egg dyers, etc.
Second edit: Wes, I've frequently tried to check your completed listings but haven't been able because you're set up as a store. Is that a strategic advantage or have you never thought twice about that limitation?
Just go to my user name and check them there....weso0119post #54633 of 13872811/20/12 at 8:23ampost #54634 of 13872811/20/12 at 8:27ampost #54635 of 13872811/20/12 at 8:32ampost #54636 of 13872811/20/12 at 8:44amQuote:
I was thrilled. My wife was upset as she apparently had one in mind for my birthday. She said it was a bit small on me, but I haven't decided whether she's right or if it looks good on me. I usually bounce between an EU56 and 57 and this is a 56 with no padding added to the sweatband.
The mint (it had to have been new) Lock & Co. may have fit you. It was giant on me, but I can't remember the size tagged. Since it was €45 and I wasn't sure anyone here needed a hat, I left it. If I come across anything in a bigger size (let me know your actual size) I'll definitely let you know!Quote:Originally Posted by grendel
Anyone around a 38 want a coat like Handershunds?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Dunhill-100-Cashmere-Coat-Medium-full-length-w-beaver-trim-EXCELLENT-/290815996437?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123Quote:Originally Posted by guyver00
Similar coat, a lot more affordable and bigger, appears to be 42-44
Those are both beautiful and nearly identical to what I have. The second one is grey and mine is midnight blue, but someone grab one of them! $80 is a steal!Quote:
Cool jacket and I love the boots!Quote:post #54637 of 13872811/20/12 at 8:49amQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
Did I make a mistake here? Should I have harvested the buttons instead?post #54638 of 13872811/20/12 at 9:05amQuote:
Edit: When there's a decent product out there with a physical keyboard that doesn't look like a Pledge Paddle, I will upgrade to that. Until then my BetaMax blackberry is the better product.post #54639 of 13872811/20/12 at 9:26ampost #54640 of 13872811/20/12 at 9:31ampost #54641 of 13872811/20/12 at 9:33amI know, that Saks coat is ideal, just too big for me. I can see myself wearing during the coldest days in Vancouver with a suit (not that it gets very cold here, unlike Austria). I'm already on the lookout for something similar after seeing HansderHund's photo.post #54642 of 13872811/20/12 at 10:02amQuote:
It's a great price for it if it's your size. I'm happy that you liked it enough to consider one, I assumed most people would think it's way too out there to be practical It's actually been great here on cold days, though it's been a bit too mild for the past few days to wear it. The brilliant part is the collar that can be flipped up...by far the warmest thing I have and it makes a scarf unnecessary. I'll keep an eye out on eBay...what size do you need?
I actually loved this one, but it was too big for me. I contacted the seller about measurements and apparently it was sold to someone in Australia for a wedding in a castle.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luxurious-Saks-Fifth-Avenue-Mens-Cashmere-Double-Breasted-Dress-Coat-Mink-Collar-/350625339189?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item51a2e61735post #54643 of 13872811/20/12 at 10:16amQuote:
I think I understand what you're looking for ("ripples" in the crease; shell would have none). If these turn out NOT to be shell, would it be a waste of $$ to get them resoled and reconditioned?
(and sorry if this line is getting a little off-track with the thread theme)post #54644 of 13872811/20/12 at 10:39amProbably waste of money to resole, but if you're going to wear them yourself, throw some topy sole on if the sole is really bad, recondition with Lexol and some Meltonian cream, that should do the trick.
Topy is a lot cheaper substitute than a complete resole.post #54645 of 13872811/20/12 at 10:46amQuote:Originally Posted by GoldSpider
I think I understand what you're looking for ("creases" in the ripple; shell would have none). If these turn out NOT to be shell, would it be a waste of $$ to get them resoled and reconditioned?
(and sorry if this line is getting a little off-track with the thread theme)
FTFY - looks like calfskin creasing to me from here, but it is hard to say for certain w/o closeups. I did come across a pair of Florsheim saddles a while back that actually had shell vamps and a calfskin saddle. Thought that was bizzare.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Where to buy dress shirts 11 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...