or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3632

post #54466 of 115054
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post

I really hate it when I try to do a lunch thrift and I see all the tags in the suits and sport coats still hanging out from an earlier thrifter...

Occasionally is is beneficial to take lunch at 9AM to beat the others. I do it about once a week.

post #54467 of 115054
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post

I really hate it when I try to do a lunch thrift and I see all the tags in the suits and sport coats still hanging out from an earlier thrifter...

ha I know the feeling. A similar thing: there's at least one local guy going through the records that always leaves a stack of flyers for the record show that happens every few months. A sort of "you won't know what you missed till you come by and buy it from me at a higher price"
post #54468 of 115054
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post


Looks good!!!
Are these guys for real? If so, that is sooooo fucking sad. biggrin.gif

yeah they are it is pretty pathetic btw why is your handle eazye is that a nickname or do you just really like eazy e? one of my favorite thrifts was a collection of all his albums on cds

anyway I will post an actual thrift now

but first lifestyle thrift fit in berkeley when we were super lost trying to find out way to the barry mcgee exibit

700

this is the actual thrift some sort of vintage army parka thing it fits me perfectly so n/a

700

 

700

zip out hood

700

and my dad gave me these badass ae's completer with shoe trees and bags. he no longer wears them and hasn't for many years (he keeps his shoes for like 25+ years) so he gave them to be because my other black shoes were bostonian cap toes XD

700

post #54469 of 115054
Made in Italy suede bomber / baseball jacket / varsity (?). Awesome floral lining.

Fits medium/large.
shoulders: 18.5 (kind of hard to measure as with all jackets of this style)
pit-to-pit: 21"
length: 26.5"
sleeves: 24"

Available! No ebay link this time unfortunately smile.gif





Edited by skrz - 11/19/12 at 2:55pm
post #54470 of 115054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

 

700

That's an easy one.... Hastings 2005-2006

post #54471 of 115054
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

 

Oh man, I was just thinking about what ever happened to those 14k buttons the other day! That's awesome! Did you ever get those elk buttons from your hunter friend? If so, are you willing to proxy?

 

 

 

 

He has been in New Mexico at his hunting compound, haven't had a chance to pursue, will let you know.

 

Did find this site, some real nice elk buttons, $3-4 per button.

 

http://antlershop.com/products.html


Edited by lastdonb - 11/19/12 at 12:29pm
post #54472 of 115054
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

That's an easy one.... Hastings 2005-2006

hmm he told me they were older maybe he is getting forgetful in his old age XD

post #54473 of 115054

I took a one-week hiatus from my various internet obsessions and returned to this thread to find about 1,500 unread postings. Did the same awhile ago and found about half or two-thirds as many waiting. The pace is apparently quickening here! ::back to catching up::

 

Also, public shout-out to ChetBakerSings. Last week I briefly met up with him -- as nice of a guy in person as he is on the board. Great meeting you!

 

Randy

post #54474 of 115054

Has anyone got a pair of 9.5 - 10.5 size brown suede bucks/plain toed bluchers/whatever the heck they're called to sell me?

post #54475 of 115054
You guys are all killing this thread lately icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Shout out to Ken P - got a great Truzzi light blue dress shirt from him in no time! cheers.gif
post #54476 of 115054
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoly View Post

You guys are all killing this thread lately icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Shout out to Ken P - got a great Truzzi light blue dress shirt from him in no time! cheers.gif

My truzzi shirt is my favorite, and I have brioni, sulka, borrelli etc. Def underrated.
post #54477 of 115054

I just picked these shirts up for $15 a piece. 5 Lacoste shirts and 1 Burberry shirt. Bought them off a lady on Craigslist here in Orlando. All shirts were in excellent condition, Dry cleaned only. Not the biggest fan of Lacoste shirts as I prefer Robert Graham, Bugatchi and similar types you purchase at Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus but I figured $15 for a $125 shirts in great condition was a good buy. The Burberry shirt (front) is the one I wanted the most because i like Burberry and needed a nice pink shirt. Good Deal or not?

 

700

post #54478 of 115054
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastdonb View Post

 

He has been in New Mexico at his hunting compound, haven't had a chance to pursue, will let you know.

 

Did find this site, some real nice elk buttons, $3-4 per button.

 

http://antlershop.com/products.html

 

Thanks a lot for the link! Book marked!

post #54479 of 115054
ATLjon and other Atlanta residents,
I'm going to be there this weekend and want some shopping suggestions. I've been to Mashburn (though I'll probably go back) and I know Billy Reid is in walking distance. Where else should I go? NMLC? Looking for non-thrifts since I'll be with family and they don't have the patience to deal with me in a thrift and aren't into used clothing.
post #54480 of 115054
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnphelps View Post

I just picked these shirts up for $15 a piece. 5 Lacoste shirts and 1 Burberry shirt. Bought them off a lady on Craigslist here in Orlando. All shirts were in excellent condition, Dry cleaned only. Not the biggest fan of Lacoste shirts as I prefer Robert Graham, Bugatchi and similar types you purchase at Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus but I figured $15 for a $125 shirts in great condition was a good buy. The Burberry shirt (front) is the one I wanted the most because i like Burberry and needed a nice pink shirt. Good Deal or not?

 

700

uhoh.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread