Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 11:41 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 3:27 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3615post #54211 of 13872811/17/12 at 9:21ampost #54212 of 13872811/17/12 at 9:33am
Hey guys, I'm not thrifting right now, but there's a good reason for it: I'm glued to my computer watching a local comedian do 24 hours of comedy as a fundraiser for the Stephen Lewis Foundation.
The comedy is definitely on the absurd/bizarre end, but it can be really funny and it's for a good cause. I thought I'd share the link in case anyone else is just sitting around right now. And if you can donate, do that too!
PS recent thrift finds coming later today.post #54213 of 13872811/17/12 at 9:54ampost #54214 of 13872811/17/12 at 9:56amCouple recent dribs and drabs:
JAB 2 button single vented sc - pretty sure this is the first JAB tailored piece I've ever picked up, the colors were pretty awesome. 46L. Available.
RLBL (yes, black label) shirt - size 17. Green gingham. Obvious black label fit, pretty snazzy. FYI, these are made by Lorenzini same as the RLPL, even the tags are the same. Available pending a bud's response on it.
Ferragamo, Versace(?) ties:
If that Versace is real, it's wearable as all get out. :nod:
Speaking of which...
Real? Worth selling? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
While you're here, how about this one from my closet that I picked up long ago?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #54215 of 13872811/17/12 at 10:18ampost #54216 of 13872811/17/12 at 10:43amQuote:
of course they do. just look at those beauties.
GET @ MEH MEXI.
I left some black Mezlan oxfords behind. they didnt seem like anything special. bad move?
Edited by Samuel Smith - 11/17/12 at 10:57ampost #54217 of 13872811/17/12 at 10:51am
I just passed on a Paul Stuart grey 1 inch square glen plaid, 41-42 some minor fabric issues on trousers however totally wearable/fixable for the handy. The amazing thing is the entire suit jacket was un-lined. Every seam was finished with edging, really really high degree of handwork. It was 20 bucks, I can proxy if anybody wants it PM me. 2 button, pleated pants.post #54218 of 13872811/17/12 at 10:56ampost #54219 of 13872811/17/12 at 10:58ampost #54220 of 13872811/17/12 at 10:59amQuote:
That's pretty damn old. Not the oldest script logo I've seen, but probably mid to late 60s is my guess. Good find, probably super heavy. I really wish L.L. Bean would do a collaboration a la Eddie Bauer and Nigel Cabourn, where they re-release modern interpretations from the archives.post #54221 of 13872811/17/12 at 11:21ampost #54222 of 13872811/17/12 at 11:23am
Finally caught up on the thread. Reading quickly, so this may not be accurate, but here is what I learned:
Ian used to be hilariously noobish.
Handershund is all gentlemanly and helps old ladies.
Wes thrifted a two-story garage at some point.post #54223 of 13872811/17/12 at 11:50amQuote:
I actually thrifted that jacket except in a long version last year. Thing was suuuuuuuuper warm but too large for me. I gave it to one of my buddy's who is taller than me and he swears by it for the cold Chicago winters. Nice score!!!post #54224 of 13872811/17/12 at 11:56ampost #54225 of 13872811/17/12 at 11:59am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 18 minutes ago
- › [BNIB] 38mm GMT Diver Christopher Ward Trident 28 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 31 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 33 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 35 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 36 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 37 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 57 minutes ago
- › Nespresso Club 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...