Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 4:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3615post #54211 of 13872811/17/12 at 9:21ampost #54212 of 13872811/17/12 at 9:33am
Hey guys, I'm not thrifting right now, but there's a good reason for it: I'm glued to my computer watching a local comedian do 24 hours of comedy as a fundraiser for the Stephen Lewis Foundation.
The comedy is definitely on the absurd/bizarre end, but it can be really funny and it's for a good cause. I thought I'd share the link in case anyone else is just sitting around right now. And if you can donate, do that too!
PS recent thrift finds coming later today.post #54213 of 13872811/17/12 at 9:54ampost #54214 of 13872811/17/12 at 9:56amCouple recent dribs and drabs:
JAB 2 button single vented sc - pretty sure this is the first JAB tailored piece I've ever picked up, the colors were pretty awesome. 46L. Available.
RLBL (yes, black label) shirt - size 17. Green gingham. Obvious black label fit, pretty snazzy. FYI, these are made by Lorenzini same as the RLPL, even the tags are the same. Available pending a bud's response on it.
Ferragamo, Versace(?) ties:
If that Versace is real, it's wearable as all get out. :nod:
Speaking of which...
Real? Worth selling? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
While you're here, how about this one from my closet that I picked up long ago?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #54215 of 13872811/17/12 at 10:18ampost #54216 of 13872811/17/12 at 10:43amQuote:
of course they do. just look at those beauties.
GET @ MEH MEXI.
I left some black Mezlan oxfords behind. they didnt seem like anything special. bad move?
Edited by Samuel Smith - 11/17/12 at 10:57ampost #54217 of 13872811/17/12 at 10:51am
I just passed on a Paul Stuart grey 1 inch square glen plaid, 41-42 some minor fabric issues on trousers however totally wearable/fixable for the handy. The amazing thing is the entire suit jacket was un-lined. Every seam was finished with edging, really really high degree of handwork. It was 20 bucks, I can proxy if anybody wants it PM me. 2 button, pleated pants.post #54218 of 13872811/17/12 at 10:56ampost #54219 of 13872811/17/12 at 10:58ampost #54220 of 13872811/17/12 at 10:59amQuote:
That's pretty damn old. Not the oldest script logo I've seen, but probably mid to late 60s is my guess. Good find, probably super heavy. I really wish L.L. Bean would do a collaboration a la Eddie Bauer and Nigel Cabourn, where they re-release modern interpretations from the archives.post #54221 of 13872811/17/12 at 11:21ampost #54222 of 13872811/17/12 at 11:23am
Finally caught up on the thread. Reading quickly, so this may not be accurate, but here is what I learned:
Ian used to be hilariously noobish.
Handershund is all gentlemanly and helps old ladies.
Wes thrifted a two-story garage at some point.post #54223 of 13872811/17/12 at 11:50amQuote:
I actually thrifted that jacket except in a long version last year. Thing was suuuuuuuuper warm but too large for me. I gave it to one of my buddy's who is taller than me and he swears by it for the cold Chicago winters. Nice score!!!post #54224 of 13872811/17/12 at 11:56ampost #54225 of 13872811/17/12 at 11:59am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Motorcycles 1 minute ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 3 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 14 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 19 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding