or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3593

post #53881 of 110678
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post

^^^Too honest! smile.gif

Don't worry I will make up for my generosity with thousands of questions over the next months/years.   :D  

post #53882 of 110678
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatspotting View Post

To be quite honest - the big thing I've learned over the years of being parts of various forums for goods - getting a reputation is worth more than some cash early on.  So I would rather be a bit generous now, and have people see I am not some tool than just come out the gates trying to make every penny I can.

Now, that's not to say I have some objection to making some extra money, I am just getting into this all myself and have an all-but-empty wardrobe, so the cash will help, and hopefully will come later.  

Excellent attitude - you'll fit in, but just watch yourself for those sharks mentioned.

Anyway, on to a thrift fit...

Found this coat today:
DSC_0003.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DSC_0004.jpg

This is just a rough draft: I don't have cufflinks in; I have to find my silver/mop shirt studs; I will wear socks; and I only put on my actual tux pants just so I would be wearing pants for the picture.

Now, what color tartan (tux) pants would you wear with this coat? I what I would wear in my mind, but am curious to see what others say. Also, if anyone has any, that would be great.
post #53883 of 110678

  Holy skit! Patagonia goretex in a thrift shop. I've been hoping for that for years. The closest I've come is North Face goretex and a Patagonia Wool/Fleece Jacket.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubs View Post

 

Somehow I managed to find a new Patagonia jacket amongst the crowds on monday. It's a relief because my wife was starting to catch up in the gore-tex products count.

700

 

post #53884 of 110678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

Vineyard Vines tie made for Allianz. Cool light green color with a penguin pattern.

 

Man, Thats a trip, I have this exact Vineyard Vines tie but in baby blue. Also made for Allianz.

post #53885 of 110678
Okay...was away from thrifting for a good three months....here is what has been sitting in the trunk of my car....

First bag out of my trunk....

The aforementioned Samurai Jeans


NWT RLPL long sleeve crew (XL...but lets be real...it's RLPL which means it's 21.5 in the chest and really is more a L....available)


Not pictured....
3 Charles Tyrwitt shirts (1 sea isle)
Brooks Brothers Irish Linen shirt
Charvet shirt

and this....

post #53886 of 110678
Anyone here going to check out the Margiela for H&M stuff tomorrow?
post #53887 of 110678
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CK View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Excellent attitude - you'll fit in, but just watch yourself for those sharks mentioned.
Anyway, on to a thrift fit...
Found this coat today:
DSC_0003.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DSC_0004.jpg
This is just a rough draft: I don't have cufflinks in; I have to find my silver/mop shirt studs; I will wear socks; and I only put on my actual tux pants just so I would be wearing pants for the picture.
Now, what color tartan (tux) pants would you wear with this coat? I what I would wear in my mind, but am curious to see what others say. Also, if anyone has any, that would be great.
Seriously?
Personally I did not like the look.
post #53888 of 110678
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post

Seriously?
Personally I did not like the look.

Fair enough.
post #53889 of 110678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

  Holy skit! Patagonia goretex in a thrift shop. I've been hoping for that for years. The closest I've come is North Face goretex and a Patagonia Wool/Fleece Jacket.


+1. That's a great find. Any recent Patagonia outerwear is a good find, actually but Goretex? Wow!
post #53890 of 110678
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatspotting View Post

To be quite honest - the big thing I've learned over the years of being parts of various forums for goods - getting a reputation is worth more than some cash early on.  So I would rather be a bit generous now, and have people see I am not some tool than just come out the gates trying to make every penny I can.

 

Now, that's not to say I have some objection to making some extra money, I am just getting into this all myself and have an all-but-empty wardrobe, so the cash will help, and hopefully will come later.  

anyone with an icon as good as that is bound to be a good guy

post #53891 of 110678

You motherfuckers, no one wants my billy reid or rag and bone? I still have a true size 41R that is just a tad off on me :( Oh yeah, its a solid charcoal chester barrie flannel, single vent flat front suit...HOLLACHA BOY

post #53892 of 110678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmorris View Post

You motherfuckers, no one wants my billy reid or rag and bone? I still have a true size 41R that is just a tad off on me :( Oh yeah, its a solid charcoal chester barrie flannel, single vent flat front suit...HOLLACHA BOY

Dude, I'm bummed too.

 

No one is PMing me to kop that Cedric swag.

 

post #53893 of 110678

Sorry, I've been gawking at Rakuten all evening.  They actually have affordable things that will fit me.  No 46 L 4 button monstrosities there!

post #53894 of 110678
I've been scared to buy from rakuten; scared of scams, scared of the prices, scared of the way Mozilla cuts the Japanese up into angry little lines...
post #53895 of 110678
fistbump.gif
PS Thanks for the breakdown on Gant, Ken! I've been wondering about that. I did find a very nice vintage red chambray shirt awhile back (a 'made for' and a Rugger, I think, with MOPs) that just didn't square with the zillions of polyester hybrids I'd seen.

One lingering point of confusion: aren't the old and new Rugger lines both/sometimes labeled 'The Rugger ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread