or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3591

post #53851 of 114522
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

^ Im listing that same Canali jacket soon, Mainy - you wanna go first smile.gif

is yours 38r too? that would be random. really nice fabric, usually canali fabrics don't do much for me.
post #53852 of 114522
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

 

post #53853 of 114522
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

DM7....clearly breaking into celebrity homes to get clothes at this point.

Out of morbid curiousity....what size is Cedric? puzzled.gif
post #53854 of 114522
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post

700

Ahhh! I was going to ask what was with all the 4-button stuff. It is all clear now. nod[1].gif
post #53855 of 114522
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Thanks Dustin... you have actually been inside, and still say that....regardless of my piles of suits.

 

 

Since you have seen both the inside and the outside. This is for you and the appreciation of the group...

 

 

This is the house the very first time we went to see it....7 years ago

700

 

This is after some minor improvements...

 

700

MINOR ???? Amazing I want to be just like you when I grow up fing02[1].gif!!!!!!!!!!!

post #53856 of 114522

fistbump.gif BFF's For ever 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

 

post #53857 of 114522

Are you sure that's Martin Greenfield?  I was under the impression that MG didn't do all BBGF...only the ones where there's a small "MG" present on the label, as below:

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmurdock View Post


Martin Greenfield suit....very nice. I really love that stuff.
Deets on the Samurai Jeans - 36/31.5 S5000 Black....these might be the nicest jeans I've handled. If anyone is interested they are available.
post #53858 of 114522
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post

THRIFT FIRST: Gant 'The Rugger' pop-over green-ish-brown-ish-white-ish plaid thingie. XL but may fit slim, who knows. Pretty sweet.
I can't believe BoO, Unis, Naked and Famous, etc continues to surface. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

What color is label on the gant? Even some of the not so great used "The Rugger" moniker I do believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmurdock View Post

DM7....clearly breaking into celebrity homes to get clothes at this point.
Out of morbid curiousity....what size is Cedric? puzzled.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post

THRIFT FIRST: Gant 'The Rugger' pop-over green-ish-brown-ish-white-ish plaid thingie. XL but may fit slim, who knows. Pretty sweet.
I can't believe BoO, Unis, Naked and Famous, etc continues to surface. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

What color is label on the gant? Even some of the not so great used "The Rugger" moniker I do believe.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about Gant in this thread, I figured I'd share what I know, to enlighten my fellow thrifters:
Gant by Michael Bastian- Most expensive line, current, also only started F/W 2009 (10 maybe) so very recent
Gant Rugger- Also recent, step bellow bastian but same idea, remakes of archival gant clothes, think this line only started 6 or so years ago so also quite recent
Gant- Shield logo, recent but not worth picking up, along the same idea as penguin or ben sherman
Gant Blue Label- Crap, 90's, 80's, 70's cheap remakes of trad, lots of polyester, If you can find shirts that are all cotton they can be good for you but not flipping
Gant The Rugger, Gant Shirt Makers, Or Gant Made for X Men's Shop- Vintage tradly goodness, not sure about the flipabbility but definitely nice stuff. The Rugger often refers to the fit (tapered body) however I have seen Gant The Rugger Blue Labels which I think lean towards later 60s Early 70's and can be pretty nice.
post #53859 of 114522

Weeeellllp 

 

I did exactly what I said I wouldn't and bought something not my size.... on the first time out, and probably made a mistake, because it was literally just a whim.  But that doesn't mean I won't post them and make an ass of myself.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Barker Brown Leather Brogues 8.5:

 

 

700

 

700

 

 

So,  how bad did I do?  Also they will most likely be available pending one friends thoughts on them.  

 

 

post #53860 of 114522
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainy View Post

is yours 38r too? that would be random. really nice fabric, usually canali fabrics don't do much for me.

46L smile.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroFan View Post

Are you sure that's Martin Greenfield?  I was under the impression that MG didn't do all BBGF...only the ones where there's a small "MG" present on the label, as below:


His is 100% MG.
post #53861 of 114522
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatspotting View Post

Weeeellllp 

I did exactly what I said I wouldn't and bought something not my size.... on the first time out, and probably made a mistake, because it was literally just a whim.  But that doesn't mean I won't post them and make an ass of myself.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Barker Brown Leather Brogues 8.5:







So,  how bad did I do?  Also they will most likely be available pending one friends thoughts on them.  
 

You could have done far worse. They won't flip for much, but the quality is okay--better than any mall brand.
post #53862 of 114522
Quote:
Originally Posted by staxringold View Post

Bluebook would need more.
See, e.g., Mexicutioner v. Good Taste, et al., 542 S.F.2d 1137 (2012)
Assuming the SF reporter only covers the Thrifting court, of course. Otherwise you'd need
See, e.g., Mexicutioner v. Good Taste, et al., 542 S.F.2d 1137 (D. Thrifting. 2012)
Actually, it's online, not a published reporter, so the full date makes sense
See, e.g., Mexicutioner v. Good Taste, et al., 542 S.F.2d 1137 (D. Thrifting. Nov. 14, 2012)

*Sigh*

Wherefore art thou, pin cite?
post #53863 of 114522
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroFan View Post

Are you sure that's Martin Greenfield?  I was under the impression that MG didn't do all BBGF...only the ones where there's a small "MG" present on the label, as below:

 

 

 

 

I suppose this is worth figuring out.  Given the size of and stitching around the label, wouldn't they both be from the same manufacturer regardless of the MG monogram?

 

Edit:  Thanks master Spoo.  Is that Ver Say See tie I posted above worth a damn?

post #53864 of 114522

Any info why some show an "MG" and others do not?  I've encountered both (fewer with the "MG"), often from the same year. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


46L smile.gif


His is 100% MG.
post #53865 of 114522

AVAILABLE XL Patagonia Synchilla fleece pullover.

 

Chest = 26"

 

700

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

 

 

I usually don't find stuff that fits for me, but I had a good week:

 

Winter sweater

700

 

Somehow I managed to find a new Patagonia jacket amongst the crowds on monday. It's a relief because my wife was starting to catch up in the gore-tex products count.

700

 

 

Ties

700

 

PS and "Ugly Sweater" for our Boston Terrier pup that we're picking up on Saturday!

700

 

Marmot

700

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread