Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:09 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 2:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3591post #53852 of 13872811/14/12 at 8:25pmpost #53853 of 13872811/14/12 at 8:27pmpost #53854 of 13872811/14/12 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
Thanks Dustin... you have actually been inside, and still say that....regardless of my piles of suits.
Since you have seen both the inside and the outside. This is for you and the appreciation of the group...
This is the house the very first time we went to see it....7 years ago
This is after some minor improvements...
MINOR ???? Amazing I want to be just like you when I grow up !!!!!!!!!!!post #53855 of 13872811/14/12 at 8:41pmpost #53856 of 13872811/14/12 at 8:42pm
Are you sure that's Martin Greenfield? I was under the impression that MG didn't do all BBGF...only the ones where there's a small "MG" present on the label, as below:post #53857 of 13872811/14/12 at 8:46pmQuote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:
There seems to be a lot of confusion about Gant in this thread, I figured I'd share what I know, to enlighten my fellow thrifters:
Gant by Michael Bastian- Most expensive line, current, also only started F/W 2009 (10 maybe) so very recent
Gant Rugger- Also recent, step bellow bastian but same idea, remakes of archival gant clothes, think this line only started 6 or so years ago so also quite recent
Gant- Shield logo, recent but not worth picking up, along the same idea as penguin or ben sherman
Gant Blue Label- Crap, 90's, 80's, 70's cheap remakes of trad, lots of polyester, If you can find shirts that are all cotton they can be good for you but not flipping
Gant The Rugger, Gant Shirt Makers, Or Gant Made for X Men's Shop- Vintage tradly goodness, not sure about the flipabbility but definitely nice stuff. The Rugger often refers to the fit (tapered body) however I have seen Gant The Rugger Blue Labels which I think lean towards later 60s Early 70's and can be pretty nice.post #53858 of 13872811/14/12 at 8:51pm
I did exactly what I said I wouldn't and bought something not my size.... on the first time out, and probably made a mistake, because it was literally just a whim. But that doesn't mean I won't post them and make an ass of myself.post #53859 of 13872811/14/12 at 8:51pmQuote:
His is 100% MG.post #53860 of 13872811/14/12 at 8:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by flatspotting
I did exactly what I said I wouldn't and bought something not my size.... on the first time out, and probably made a mistake, because it was literally just a whim. But that doesn't mean I won't post them and make an ass of myself.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You could have done far worse. They won't flip for much, but the quality is okay--better than any mall brand.post #53861 of 13872811/14/12 at 8:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by staxringold
Bluebook would need more.
See, e.g., Mexicutioner v. Good Taste, et al., 542 S.F.2d 1137 (2012)
Assuming the SF reporter only covers the Thrifting court, of course. Otherwise you'd need
See, e.g., Mexicutioner v. Good Taste, et al., 542 S.F.2d 1137 (D. Thrifting. 2012)
Actually, it's online, not a published reporter, so the full date makes sense
See, e.g., Mexicutioner v. Good Taste, et al., 542 S.F.2d 1137 (D. Thrifting. Nov. 14, 2012)
Wherefore art thou, pin cite?post #53862 of 13872811/14/12 at 8:57pmQuote:
I suppose this is worth figuring out. Given the size of and stitching around the label, wouldn't they both be from the same manufacturer regardless of the MG monogram?
Edit: Thanks master Spoo. Is that Ver Say See tie I posted above worth a damn?post #53863 of 13872811/14/12 at 8:58pmpost #53864 of 13872811/14/12 at 8:58pm
AVAILABLE XL Patagonia Synchilla fleece pullover.
Chest = 26"
I usually don't find stuff that fits for me, but I had a good week:
Somehow I managed to find a new Patagonia jacket amongst the crowds on monday. It's a relief because my wife was starting to catch up in the gore-tex products count.
PS and "Ugly Sweater" for our Boston Terrier pup that we're picking up on Saturday!
Marmotpost #53865 of 13872811/14/12 at 9:00pm
Yeah, I guess that would make sense. I just could never discern why some labels - that were otherwise identical - had the tiny MG and others did not, so I went with what seemed to be the most obvious, but apparently incorrect answer.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 18 minutes ago
- › Sartoriale = Official Affiliate Vendor thread 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Chukka 1473 US Size 9.5 E/C (WIDE)... 24 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 25 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...