The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3589
Styleforum Top Picks
A lot of blue shirts here if anybody wants.
Miu Miu light blue short sleeve shirt 16.5
Paul Smith London made in Italy light blue dress shirt 16.5
Thomas Pink blue dress shirt 16.5
Thomas Pink teal / blue dress shirt Sea Island 16.5
Armani Collezioni blue dress shirt 16.5
Burberry London dress shirt 16.5
Ralph Lauren Purple Label shirt SZ L - measures 16.5
Canali dress shirt 16.5
All pics in a spoiler to prevent a long looking post!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
First time every thrifting today... I can see how this can be addictive. Not as good as some of you guys, but found a really nice Loro Piana Dress Shirt 15 3/4 x 33 (maybe 34). Really nice buttons and in good condition. Unfortunately too big for me.
Also found but passed on a J.Press Blazer, a bunch of Hickey Freeman Blazers and a Brooks Brothers 1 Btn Tux (Silver Brooks Brothers Label, Hand Made). Should I have picked this stuff up to toss on the B&S section / Ebay? Each item was $10 or under....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think I did OK.....funny as I've only found 2 other Loro Piana Shirts and 1 other Silver Label Brooks Brothers in the last year and a half. Not a bad first day.....
Where is DM7's first post I know I quoted it a few weeks ago Amazing what you can do with some effort and dedication and not expect everything handed to you.
Swung by the Goodwill after work today - picked up some good stuff.
- Thomas Pink shirt (blue with green check) 16.5 34/35
- Tailor and Son Sportswear sweater...gourgeous red with tan/brown argyle (Made in Italy) Anyone ever heard of this name?
- Alea white/blue check shirt (size 41)
- four cream Corneliani shirts, all NWT (size 39, but fit me)
- Edri Pisano lime green/pink dress shirt. STUNNING shirt (size 16)
- Joseph's Cloak brown with light blue stripes, french cuff (size 41)
All shirts were $4.99
- Tan 3 button wool blazer by Satoria Battisti (below the name is says Albiate -mi- Italia) Anyone heard of this name? Very high quality blazer with hand picking and gorgeous gold silk lining. $8.99
Also picked up a pair of Rogers LS 3/5a studio monitors for $3.99 a piece. Sound AMAZING. The guy obviously took great care of these. Snagged a few lps as well for .99 a piece. All VG+ to NM They were:
- Niel Merryweather, John Richardson and Boers self-titled. Awesome psych lp
- Niel Merryweather - Kryptonite
- Uriah Heep - self-titled
- Deep Purple - Shades of Deep Purple
Hopin for a day just as good tomorrow!
I don't remember having ever seen Malo on this thread, and I've only come across it once. I found a buttery soft linen button down about a year ago, but this time I found a cashmere SC...
damnit, be a 50!
^^^$$$$$$ - I found two Malo sweaters a few weeks back, they flipped very nicely. Insanely thick cashmere.
Got myself a Zegna sport coat 54ita in grey nailhead and a Corneliani sport coat 54ita (but I think short not R or sleeves shortened a bit) grey again, nailheadish. Also ToBoot NY split toes 10D which awfully looks like shell but I don't think this company does shell. SA shopping!
I will trade the Cornelianis, they went to cleaners today so PM me if you want, I will send pics after it comes from cleaners.
First post. No pics as usual Shoes were corrected grain of course, worn until this year and redonated.