Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3539post #53071 of 13872811/10/12 at 8:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #53072 of 13872811/10/12 at 8:35pm
If anyone finds any full brogues or LWB's in a 6UK/7US in a wide sizing pls PM as I struggle finding a good shoe in my size. Any shade of brown or a burgundy is my preferred colour, thanks!
PM if willing to ship to Australia as that's where I am.
Thanks :)post #53073 of 13872811/10/12 at 8:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nataku
Soooo....I wonder if this is anything......
Picked it up today for $1.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
aw man that is going to sell for so much money and you're going to be shipping it to one of the 5 boroughs, no doubtpost #53074 of 13872811/10/12 at 8:44pmpost #53075 of 13872811/10/12 at 8:51pm
Ok, so I had no idea it would be half off day at both Goodwill and ARC stores. They were both madhouses, but I found enough to inspire me to wait in lines going halfway to the back of the store.
Lets start with the basics.
Harris Tweed for Lands End. Cool.
A really nicely patterned SC. Yes, it's unvented but it fits sooooo well. Good content too.
A very vintage suede stadium jacket in my size. Any idea on the maker from the crest on the size tag?
Just your average minty fresh Ermenegildo Zegna flannel shirt.
A couple ties. The Charvet has some tiny pulls that I could probably knock off with a razor.
Some oldish Allen Edmonds boots. I regrettably had to pass on a pair of some very well made side zip All Saints boots as they were a size too large and the sole was coming apart. A shame.
HEFTY Rochester shoe trees...
Now lets get to the juicier stuff.
Here's a pile of trousers. In the mix we have Incotex, Zanella (yes, there are unicorns), Ralph Lauren (cursive) blue label, Paul Smith London, OG Dockers K-1 Cramerton Twill and Bill's. The Zanella 5 pocket model is unhemmed, probably only tried on. See the spoiler for more deets.
Barbour and John Smedley sweaters. The Barbour is 85% wool, 15% cashmere and has a few minor holes.
Paul Smith London Westbourn, perhaps an orphan. The content tag was cut out, but I believe it's the same as in the trousers posted above.
This one's definitely an orphan, but I wonder if you can order the matching trousers from Brooks Brothers. This also has the tag that's in the Paul Smith London trousers. Any confirmation on the manufacturer?
And....I'm sad to say that the greatest find of the day is.....
Blanket. NWT. Next to a Mastai Ferretti shirt that I'm going to try to rock next spring.
Now cue DM7 rolling in with a truckload of NWT Boglioli unstructured sport coats.post #53076 of 13872811/10/12 at 8:53pmpost #53077 of 13872811/10/12 at 8:56pmQuote:
Waaaant! Can my fat 10.5 D foot fit 10E??Quote:And I was going to offer to double his money. . . .
Yeah, srsly, dude, folks here can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think anything LP branded (not just fabric; branded) is an instakop.post #53078 of 13872811/10/12 at 9:00pm^ Yes, anything LP branded is instakop.
I thought Id mention, not me, but a consignor sent me my first skeet blankets! Very excited to list these. Should I put "skeet blanket" in the title to help drive traffic?post #53079 of 13872811/10/12 at 9:05pmpost #53080 of 13872811/10/12 at 9:05pmpost #53081 of 13872811/10/12 at 9:09pmpost #53082 of 13872811/10/12 at 9:10pmpost #53083 of 13872811/10/12 at 9:11pmQuote:
After someone necro'ed this thread and reading it, scares me now. I didn't know people bothered faking items like LP.post #53084 of 13872811/10/12 at 9:11pmQuote:
Makes me sad that they always sell at or above BIN but I don't even get a nibble on any of the nice shirts I have listed.post #53085 of 13872811/10/12 at 9:13pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Paul Smith London IT48R/US38R Double-Breasted Camel Cashmere (50%)... 5 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Supreme x Schott NYC Perfecto Double Rider 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 14 minutes ago
- › NIGEL CABOURN Everest Parka survival yellow anarctic arctic Ventile 24 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?