hansderhund send me cookies please
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 12:33 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3538post #53056 of 13872811/10/12 at 5:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #53057 of 13872811/10/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
Tell me where this place is and I will go there, now. You are talking the ultimate grail, no exaggeration.post #53058 of 13872811/10/12 at 5:31pmpost #53059 of 13872811/10/12 at 5:51pmpost #53060 of 13872811/10/12 at 5:59pm
Good day for coats today!
What I brought home (all available)
Super recent BB single breasted trench, tan size L
Also super recent BB single breasted trench, tan size XL
My favorite catch though was...
Vintage USN issue Pembroke winter peacoat, navy blue in size 38R. I'd say this thing is built like a tank, but I'd be lying. I'm pretty sure it INSPIRED THE TANK. When I first picked this up I honestly thought there must be strike plates in it or something. That's how thickly it's constructed.
What I left behind
At least three brooks brothers suits, including one by loro piana.
A hilariously fake YSL tie (Had a chinese tag still attached, laughably obvious polyester, dumb pattern, and read "Yves Saint Laurent Poul Hommb")
A Zegna orphaned jacket in 48R
A few camel hair coats
An interesting wool/cashmere blazer, made in England an absurdly long time ago by a company I've already forgotten the name of
A few ben sherman and ted baker shirts
Orphaned burberry custom (custom... not prorsum... who the hell paid 4000 dollars for that) suit jacket in 38r with ludicrously colored pinstripes
Lots of old school hickey freemans
Pics soon :)post #53061 of 13872811/10/12 at 6:20pmpost #53062 of 13872811/10/12 at 6:35pmpost #53063 of 13872811/10/12 at 6:57pmpost #53064 of 13872811/10/12 at 7:10pmpost #53065 of 13872811/10/12 at 7:42pm
I had a stupidly awesome day. Not armfuls of Brioni good, but I don't live in LA.
I'll start with this.
These are the labels you're looking for...if'n they aren't fake pieces like these. Seriously, if the YSL was actually real, it was the most paper thin POS tie I've ever felt. Cremiux ties are more substantial.post #53066 of 13872811/10/12 at 7:49pmpost #53067 of 13872811/10/12 at 7:49pmpost #53068 of 13872811/10/12 at 7:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by razl
It's usually referred to as a "Shirt Jacket" or a "Jacket Shirt". Faconnable (the brand in your pic) and Zegna were pushing these a few years ago and still make them (I think). I read an interview with E. Zegna about 8 or so years ago where he thought these were -the- next big thing and went bonkers over them. Alas, they didn't quite take off the way he expected. Actually, deconstructed jackets have probably filled their niche better in the interim.
Anyhow, I've still got a few and like 'em. Although I painstakingly picked mine - they're just the right material to be a shirt-jacket in between - but I've seen others that are just hideous. One of mine in particular, coincidentally by Faconnable, is made of the some of the best wool/cashmere I've felt on any of their products (even some high end one-off samples), lucky me I got it on steeper -than-steep discount; it's a gem!
If this one is really tweed like, I'd think somebody could put it to good use. I'd be tempted but I'm in FL without enough other nice cold weather stuff that I don't get to wear already...
edit: I'll add that the large blue label and cursive script is the label of Faconnable's better-than-average to very-good stuff.
so go back? it was 25 or 40 I can't remember I think it was tweed but it might have been something nicer it was size mpost #53069 of 13872811/10/12 at 8:14pm
today I popped my brioni and kiton cherry...
at marshalls... and didn't buy
both were 15 (my size god damn it) and priced at 159, do I run back or what?? please let me know like in the next 5 minutes and also give me money to buy them XD!!
one thing I did cop that was in my pricerange were some nike nsw selvage chinos pretty awesome and swd for 19.99 origionally 180
cool side zip pocket
possibly available but they are my size just a little too big in the waist
here are more things I passed on and are available for proxy
jack spade dp blazer size 42 they wanted 150
wtf is peter millar they had like a million of his shirts are they good? some were in my size and I was temped to cop
rag and bone shawl collar cardigan size small I think they wanted 100
rag and bone blazer I think they wanted 60 about a size 40 I think
nike nsw long destroyer type thing they wanted 100 I think they had multiple sizes available
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...