hansderhund send me cookies please
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 1/18/17 at 4:48am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3538post #53056 of 13872811/10/12 at 5:16pmpost #53057 of 13872811/10/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
Tell me where this place is and I will go there, now. You are talking the ultimate grail, no exaggeration.post #53058 of 13872811/10/12 at 5:31pmpost #53059 of 13872811/10/12 at 5:51pmpost #53060 of 13872811/10/12 at 5:59pm
Good day for coats today!
What I brought home (all available)
Super recent BB single breasted trench, tan size L
Also super recent BB single breasted trench, tan size XL
My favorite catch though was...
Vintage USN issue Pembroke winter peacoat, navy blue in size 38R. I'd say this thing is built like a tank, but I'd be lying. I'm pretty sure it INSPIRED THE TANK. When I first picked this up I honestly thought there must be strike plates in it or something. That's how thickly it's constructed.
What I left behind
At least three brooks brothers suits, including one by loro piana.
A hilariously fake YSL tie (Had a chinese tag still attached, laughably obvious polyester, dumb pattern, and read "Yves Saint Laurent Poul Hommb")
A Zegna orphaned jacket in 48R
A few camel hair coats
An interesting wool/cashmere blazer, made in England an absurdly long time ago by a company I've already forgotten the name of
A few ben sherman and ted baker shirts
Orphaned burberry custom (custom... not prorsum... who the hell paid 4000 dollars for that) suit jacket in 38r with ludicrously colored pinstripes
Lots of old school hickey freemans
Pics soon :)post #53061 of 13872811/10/12 at 6:20pmpost #53062 of 13872811/10/12 at 6:35pmpost #53063 of 13872811/10/12 at 6:57pmpost #53064 of 13872811/10/12 at 7:10pmpost #53065 of 13872811/10/12 at 7:42pm
I had a stupidly awesome day. Not armfuls of Brioni good, but I don't live in LA.
I'll start with this.
These are the labels you're looking for...if'n they aren't fake pieces like these. Seriously, if the YSL was actually real, it was the most paper thin POS tie I've ever felt. Cremiux ties are more substantial.post #53066 of 13872811/10/12 at 7:49pmpost #53067 of 13872811/10/12 at 7:49pmpost #53068 of 13872811/10/12 at 7:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by razl
It's usually referred to as a "Shirt Jacket" or a "Jacket Shirt". Faconnable (the brand in your pic) and Zegna were pushing these a few years ago and still make them (I think). I read an interview with E. Zegna about 8 or so years ago where he thought these were -the- next big thing and went bonkers over them. Alas, they didn't quite take off the way he expected. Actually, deconstructed jackets have probably filled their niche better in the interim.
Anyhow, I've still got a few and like 'em. Although I painstakingly picked mine - they're just the right material to be a shirt-jacket in between - but I've seen others that are just hideous. One of mine in particular, coincidentally by Faconnable, is made of the some of the best wool/cashmere I've felt on any of their products (even some high end one-off samples), lucky me I got it on steeper -than-steep discount; it's a gem!
If this one is really tweed like, I'd think somebody could put it to good use. I'd be tempted but I'm in FL without enough other nice cold weather stuff that I don't get to wear already...
edit: I'll add that the large blue label and cursive script is the label of Faconnable's better-than-average to very-good stuff.
so go back? it was 25 or 40 I can't remember I think it was tweed but it might have been something nicer it was size mpost #53069 of 13872811/10/12 at 8:14pm
today I popped my brioni and kiton cherry...
at marshalls... and didn't buy
both were 15 (my size god damn it) and priced at 159, do I run back or what?? please let me know like in the next 5 minutes and also give me money to buy them XD!!
one thing I did cop that was in my pricerange were some nike nsw selvage chinos pretty awesome and swd for 19.99 origionally 180
cool side zip pocket
possibly available but they are my size just a little too big in the waist
here are more things I passed on and are available for proxy
jack spade dp blazer size 42 they wanted 150
wtf is peter millar they had like a million of his shirts are they good? some were in my size and I was temped to cop
rag and bone shawl collar cardigan size small I think they wanted 100
rag and bone blazer I think they wanted 60 about a size 40 I think
nike nsw long destroyer type thing they wanted 100 I think they had multiple sizes availablepost #53070 of 13872811/10/12 at 8:14pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 50 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 7 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 11 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 13 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 15 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 17 minutes ago
- › Standard & Strange - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...