Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 10:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3531post #52951 of 13872811/9/12 at 6:33pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #52952 of 13872811/9/12 at 6:48pmpost #52953 of 13872811/9/12 at 6:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by shadesofbeige
On the way out the door, put together an outfit I liked and realized it could be a thrift fit, so Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)here goes my first Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shirt: Gitman Vintage - Saks Off 5th
Chinos: RRL - Marshall's
Desert Boots - Aqua (?) - Discount
All for about $100
I guess the consensus was not to critique fits posted here, but I do not like this. All those pieces might be fine on their own, but they do not pair well at all.post #52954 of 13872811/9/12 at 7:03pmQuote:
I think they fit together just fine- it's a rather straightforward mix of earthtones, with a white shirt. I think you're probably just reacting to the sweater, which is rather bold, and I could certainly see how somebody might not like it. I kinda do, but it certainly dominates an outfit, and I probably wouldn't buy it for myself.post #52955 of 13872811/9/12 at 7:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by cptjeff
I think they fit together just fine- it's a rather straightforward mix of earthtones, with a white shirt. I think you're probably just reacting to the sweater, which is rather bold, and I could certainly see how somebody might not like it. I kinda do, but it certainly dominates an outfit, and I probably wouldn't buy it for myself.
Eh... just ignore me. It looks moderately better on my laptop monitor which has a better white balance than my desktop monitor (which looks yellow-ish). Still not a fan, but I guess it's ok.post #52956 of 13872811/9/12 at 7:22pmQuote:
No, just Savers and Thrift Town, I think. I just wanted to know if it was worth fighting the crowds. There is a Shetland Eddie Bauer sweater I have my eye on so I will probably stop by anyway.post #52957 of 13872811/9/12 at 7:44pmpost #52958 of 13872811/9/12 at 7:59pmpost #52959 of 13872811/9/12 at 8:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Samuel Smith
A few things today. Have not been able to get out regularly this week at all which is making a few trades very difficult. Shout out to ilikethelights for a great suit.
do you guys grab Jack Victor? found a couple of SC today that seemed to be recent (2b, Dual Vent) in linen/wool/cotton blends..
I like Jack Victor and get it for myself if it fits. It has no flippability, so far as I know, which I think is to the loss of label snobs. Dig the wedding tie, but I always wear bow ties to weddings.post #52960 of 13872811/9/12 at 8:13pmpost #52961 of 13872811/9/12 at 8:15pmpost #52962 of 13872811/9/12 at 8:32pmpost #52963 of 13872811/9/12 at 8:46pm
I am about 20 minutes south of clearwater (the scientology capital of the world...).
No joke, its creepy. I will travel through downtown clearwater once in awhile, and they all look identical. White shirts, navy pants. Walk into a restaurant around there, and everyone looks at you if you don't match their cult uniform.post #52964 of 13872811/9/12 at 8:46pmYo, dudes. Snuck out today after work on my way home to visit with the in-laws, who are in town. Glad I did. Pics will have to wait.
- Barbera linen/cotton blend light blue and white striped shirt. Freaking killer, my size. Slight right cuff fray. Manageable if I roll the cuffs, but I may explore a more permanent solution. Shame because rest of the shirt is in mint condition.
- Saint Laurie solid blue single breast/flat front custom suit that fits me perfectly, but, more importantly, is that perfect shade of blue/gray I've been looking for for a while. (Now, I know Saint Laurie doesn't get much coverage here. But the quality, cut and fabric selection here isn't bad -- not Kiton, but much better than average)
- Faconnable made in Italy beige, blue and red (Like in Orgetorix's profile pic) SC, real horn, dual vent, throat latch, sweet lapel roll. Think Cantarelli but I need to confirm. Thing is really cool. Oh, my size.
- But it can't hold a candle to: VTG Daks for Barneys (USA made ) houndstooth tweed, patch pockets, elbow patches, leather button holes and leather wrapped buttons. This is so. Unbelievably. Sick. My size, but for waist suppression. May consider getting it taken in. Oh, and there was a cool red PS in the pocket, so that was free.
- And last but not least: One pair each Barneys house brand and Saks house brand suede shoes. Barneys are walnut brouged cap toes and the Saks are chocolate brown what I believe the kids call "Chukkas" -- plain front blutchers with a more rounded toe. Both have rubberized soles and both are made in Italy, though I don't know by who (Yo, heel/label thread: Expect post soon). Now, I stuffed myself into them in the store and convinced myself they fit, thereby justifying the significantly higher than thrift pricetag. But if I'm honest, they're much closer to a 10, if not 9.5, and pretty narrow. Now, if any of you dudes in that size have some suede in my size, then lets do some business. But until then, I will be rocking them until further notice.
Oh yeah, and a decently bodied, nice colored Ike Behar tie that I'm already regretting.
Proud of myself that I passed on a PRL USA made flannel gray chalk stripe orphan, a too-far-gone PRL double breast navy pinstripe and RRL pinstripe trou (Reverse orphans?) that had some holes. Oh, and a Dormeuil tie, woven, light blue stripe. Mint condition. Having done a bit of research, seems like that was the right call. Anyone disagree?post #52965 of 13872811/9/12 at 8:53pm
Went out to exchange something at a non-thrift shop down the street today. Looked around for the front counter, and when I found it, I also found Jessica Alba. I took that as a sign that lady luck was with me, must be a good time to hit the shops. Well that didn't pan out as planned, but I did find...Warning: Bloody (Click to show)
And then when you least expect itLady luck (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 6 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feeback & Appreciation 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Have a work event in a few days, will this suit work? 13 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 15 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 16 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...