Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:54 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 11/14/15 at 8:04pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 11/2/15 at 2:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Last edited: Today
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: Yesterday
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3509
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks guys, its huge - like a 28" p2p....
Please contribute that pic here :
I think the one I passed on was a cotton knit, was definitely a lord jeff though.
some quick pickups today;
is that d&g legit? it has a really hefty feel to it but I've not handled one of their ties before.
pretty much all available.
Edited by Towers - 11/6/12 at 5:34pm
Found a Hugo Boss overcoat in Loro Piana 85 wool / 15 cashmere. Black (I think, the buttons appeared to be navy). Tried it on. Fits like a glove, but I just don't know when I'll ever need it out here, and it was $40. Forgot to photograph the internal tag, hadn't seen it before. No clue on country of origin. Bonehead move to leave that?
Also left a Paul Stuart trench coat / rain coat. Tag said made in italy for PS... Size 50 (assuming IT sizing). Was in the womens section with the belt cinched in so narrow you'd never know it was a mans coat. Had sort of a, not rubbery feel, but maybe slightly rubbery. Needed a cleaning... Also boneheaded to leave? Forget what they wanted for it.
Reason for leaving that stuff- I was lugging an older but perfectly awesome manfrotto tripod/head combo around that came out on a cart for... $20. I saw the head peeking out from the carrying bag that it came with and immediately recognized the hexagon quick-release plate. Shit eating grinch grin curled up on my face as I checked it out. Going to clean it up before I take some pics, and I'm not sure if I am going to offer it up or not. Always handy to have a second set of sticks for things like shooting meteor showers, especially now that I have 2 cameras to shoot with. Plus I don't even want to know what it'd cost to ship.
Never seen that label before, though. Is it a bridge between 1980s BR and current day, or older than that?
While cleaning them, I noticed a few places where the black polish was worn away, exposing some green underneath. Is it normal to dye shoes something else than black if they are going to be polished black?
Since I don't really need another pair of black shoes but would like a pair of monks, I'm thinking I'll clean off all the old black polish and see if I can work some other colors in there. The green is dark so there will be only so much I can do, but hey, I can always cover it with black again if I don't like it.
BTW, I cleaned out the Pittsford Marshalls of their Pantherella socks, what little they had. I wasn't sure about sizing, but it turns out only one pair will fit me. I have five pair of Large if anyone wears size 11.5-13 shoes and wants a pair before I return them. $8.50 each plus actual shipping.
But back to my question: Anyone heard of CD-HSM getting together?
HAhaha! Tired and true!
Grabbed this Banana Republic jacket with an awesome lining. Anybody able to share some extra information, such as the approximate year this might have come from? I couldn't find much when searching for "Banana Republic" and "Adventure Outfitters". Is the latter a clothing store that sold BR goods? Or, hell, is there a specific term for this type of jacket? I'm a computer nerd; I don't know nothin' 'bout no outdoors!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I was lugging an older but perfectly awesome manfrotto tripod/head combo around that came out on a cart for... $20. I saw the head peeking out from the carrying bag that it came with and immediately recognized the hexagon quick-release plate. Shit eating grinch grin curled up on my face as I checked it out. Going to clean it up before I take some pics, and I'm not sure if I am going to offer it up or not. Always handy to have a second set of sticks for things like shooting meteor showers, especially now that I have 2 cameras to shoot with. Plus I don't even want to know what it'd cost to ship.
Dayum. That is pretty awesome. I've never seen any photo equipment like that before in a thrift store, nicely done! In case you don't end up keeping it, hit me up! Glad to get it off your hands...
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 12 seconds ago
- › Dents Cashmere Lined Peccary Gloves 2 minutes ago
- › Newc's Compiled List of Styleforum Editorials 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots (BRAND NEW) (Cordovan NO. 8) Toronto 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 10 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories