Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 11:30 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 8:14 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3509post #52621 of 13872811/6/12 at 4:24pm^That is the BR before it was bought by Gap. Was like Willis and Geiger. All of its catalogues are online so year can be found easily but I do not have the link. Someone else might have. Good, very high quality stuff. I have an Akubra hat from them.post #52622 of 13872811/6/12 at 4:35pmpost #52623 of 13872811/6/12 at 4:37pmpost #52624 of 13872811/6/12 at 4:37pmpost #52625 of 13872811/6/12 at 4:48pmpost #52626 of 13872811/6/12 at 4:55pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks guys, its huge - like a 28" p2p....Quote:Quote:
Please contribute that pic here :
Confirmed fake.post #52627 of 13872811/6/12 at 4:57pmpost #52628 of 13872811/6/12 at 5:01pm
I think the one I passed on was a cotton knit, was definitely a lord jeff though.
some quick pickups today;
is that d&g legit? it has a really hefty feel to it but I've not handled one of their ties before.
pretty much all available.
Edited by Towers - 11/6/12 at 5:34pmpost #52629 of 13872811/6/12 at 5:25pm
Found a Hugo Boss overcoat in Loro Piana 85 wool / 15 cashmere. Black (I think, the buttons appeared to be navy). Tried it on. Fits like a glove, but I just don't know when I'll ever need it out here, and it was $40. Forgot to photograph the internal tag, hadn't seen it before. No clue on country of origin. Bonehead move to leave that?
Also left a Paul Stuart trench coat / rain coat. Tag said made in italy for PS... Size 50 (assuming IT sizing). Was in the womens section with the belt cinched in so narrow you'd never know it was a mans coat. Had sort of a, not rubbery feel, but maybe slightly rubbery. Needed a cleaning... Also boneheaded to leave? Forget what they wanted for it.
Reason for leaving that stuff- I was lugging an older but perfectly awesome manfrotto tripod/head combo around that came out on a cart for... $20. I saw the head peeking out from the carrying bag that it came with and immediately recognized the hexagon quick-release plate. Shit eating grinch grin curled up on my face as I checked it out. Going to clean it up before I take some pics, and I'm not sure if I am going to offer it up or not. Always handy to have a second set of sticks for things like shooting meteor showers, especially now that I have 2 cameras to shoot with. Plus I don't even want to know what it'd cost to ship.post #52630 of 13872811/6/12 at 5:47pmQuote:
Never seen that label before, though. Is it a bridge between 1980s BR and current day, or older than that?post #52631 of 13872811/6/12 at 5:48pmPicked up two pair of Nettletons in my size for $5 each. On pair is some Blake stitched brown loafers that aren't worth posting a photo of (and I'll probably give to my brother), but the other is a pair of good quality monk's straps.
While cleaning them, I noticed a few places where the black polish was worn away, exposing some green underneath. Is it normal to dye shoes something else than black if they are going to be polished black?
Since I don't really need another pair of black shoes but would like a pair of monks, I'm thinking I'll clean off all the old black polish and see if I can work some other colors in there. The green is dark so there will be only so much I can do, but hey, I can always cover it with black again if I don't like it.
BTW, I cleaned out the Pittsford Marshalls of their Pantherella socks, what little they had. I wasn't sure about sizing, but it turns out only one pair will fit me. I have five pair of Large if anyone wears size 11.5-13 shoes and wants a pair before I return them. $8.50 each plus actual shipping.post #52632 of 13872811/6/12 at 5:51pmFound a HSM top coat today with a label that said designed by Christian Dior. ??? Didn't kop because of price and size (it was too small) but I suspect this will make it through the cycle and be available for a reasonable price. I've never heard of a CD-HSM collaberation. This coat had lots of pick stitching, a hook vent and an old union label, so it's definitely from back in the day. No fabric content listed, but feels like cashmere.
But back to my question: Anyone heard of CD-HSM getting together?post #52633 of 13872811/6/12 at 5:52pmQuote:
HAhaha! Tired and true!Quote:Originally Posted by Sartro
Grabbed this Banana Republic jacket with an awesome lining. Anybody able to share some extra information, such as the approximate year this might have come from? I couldn't find much when searching for "Banana Republic" and "Adventure Outfitters". Is the latter a clothing store that sold BR goods? Or, hell, is there a specific term for this type of jacket? I'm a computer nerd; I don't know nothin' 'bout no outdoors!post #52634 of 13872811/6/12 at 6:00pmpost #52635 of 13872811/6/12 at 6:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Evil Abed
I was lugging an older but perfectly awesome manfrotto tripod/head combo around that came out on a cart for... $20. I saw the head peeking out from the carrying bag that it came with and immediately recognized the hexagon quick-release plate. Shit eating grinch grin curled up on my face as I checked it out. Going to clean it up before I take some pics, and I'm not sure if I am going to offer it up or not. Always handy to have a second set of sticks for things like shooting meteor showers, especially now that I have 2 cameras to shoot with. Plus I don't even want to know what it'd cost to ship.
Dayum. That is pretty awesome. I've never seen any photo equipment like that before in a thrift store, nicely done! In case you don't end up keeping it, hit me up! Glad to get it off your hands...
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Formosa 52 0656 Minnis Houndstooth 8 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...