Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 4/27/16 at 9:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 4/26/16 at 4:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3509post #52621 of 13872811/6/12 at 4:24pm^That is the BR before it was bought by Gap. Was like Willis and Geiger. All of its catalogues are online so year can be found easily but I do not have the link. Someone else might have. Good, very high quality stuff. I have an Akubra hat from them.post #52622 of 13872811/6/12 at 4:35pmpost #52623 of 13872811/6/12 at 4:37pmpost #52624 of 13872811/6/12 at 4:37pmpost #52625 of 13872811/6/12 at 4:48pmpost #52626 of 13872811/6/12 at 4:55pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks guys, its huge - like a 28" p2p....Quote:Quote:
Please contribute that pic here :
Confirmed fake.post #52627 of 13872811/6/12 at 4:57pmpost #52628 of 13872811/6/12 at 5:01pm
I think the one I passed on was a cotton knit, was definitely a lord jeff though.
some quick pickups today;
is that d&g legit? it has a really hefty feel to it but I've not handled one of their ties before.
pretty much all available.
Edited by Towers - 11/6/12 at 5:34pmpost #52629 of 13872811/6/12 at 5:25pm
Found a Hugo Boss overcoat in Loro Piana 85 wool / 15 cashmere. Black (I think, the buttons appeared to be navy). Tried it on. Fits like a glove, but I just don't know when I'll ever need it out here, and it was $40. Forgot to photograph the internal tag, hadn't seen it before. No clue on country of origin. Bonehead move to leave that?
Also left a Paul Stuart trench coat / rain coat. Tag said made in italy for PS... Size 50 (assuming IT sizing). Was in the womens section with the belt cinched in so narrow you'd never know it was a mans coat. Had sort of a, not rubbery feel, but maybe slightly rubbery. Needed a cleaning... Also boneheaded to leave? Forget what they wanted for it.
Reason for leaving that stuff- I was lugging an older but perfectly awesome manfrotto tripod/head combo around that came out on a cart for... $20. I saw the head peeking out from the carrying bag that it came with and immediately recognized the hexagon quick-release plate. Shit eating grinch grin curled up on my face as I checked it out. Going to clean it up before I take some pics, and I'm not sure if I am going to offer it up or not. Always handy to have a second set of sticks for things like shooting meteor showers, especially now that I have 2 cameras to shoot with. Plus I don't even want to know what it'd cost to ship.post #52630 of 13872811/6/12 at 5:47pmQuote:
Never seen that label before, though. Is it a bridge between 1980s BR and current day, or older than that?post #52631 of 13872811/6/12 at 5:48pmPicked up two pair of Nettletons in my size for $5 each. On pair is some Blake stitched brown loafers that aren't worth posting a photo of (and I'll probably give to my brother), but the other is a pair of good quality monk's straps.
While cleaning them, I noticed a few places where the black polish was worn away, exposing some green underneath. Is it normal to dye shoes something else than black if they are going to be polished black?
Since I don't really need another pair of black shoes but would like a pair of monks, I'm thinking I'll clean off all the old black polish and see if I can work some other colors in there. The green is dark so there will be only so much I can do, but hey, I can always cover it with black again if I don't like it.
BTW, I cleaned out the Pittsford Marshalls of their Pantherella socks, what little they had. I wasn't sure about sizing, but it turns out only one pair will fit me. I have five pair of Large if anyone wears size 11.5-13 shoes and wants a pair before I return them. $8.50 each plus actual shipping.post #52632 of 13872811/6/12 at 5:51pmFound a HSM top coat today with a label that said designed by Christian Dior. ??? Didn't kop because of price and size (it was too small) but I suspect this will make it through the cycle and be available for a reasonable price. I've never heard of a CD-HSM collaberation. This coat had lots of pick stitching, a hook vent and an old union label, so it's definitely from back in the day. No fabric content listed, but feels like cashmere.
But back to my question: Anyone heard of CD-HSM getting together?post #52633 of 13872811/6/12 at 5:52pmQuote:
HAhaha! Tired and true!Quote:Originally Posted by Sartro
Grabbed this Banana Republic jacket with an awesome lining. Anybody able to share some extra information, such as the approximate year this might have come from? I couldn't find much when searching for "Banana Republic" and "Adventure Outfitters". Is the latter a clothing store that sold BR goods? Or, hell, is there a specific term for this type of jacket? I'm a computer nerd; I don't know nothin' 'bout no outdoors!post #52634 of 13872811/6/12 at 6:00pmpost #52635 of 13872811/6/12 at 6:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Evil Abed
I was lugging an older but perfectly awesome manfrotto tripod/head combo around that came out on a cart for... $20. I saw the head peeking out from the carrying bag that it came with and immediately recognized the hexagon quick-release plate. Shit eating grinch grin curled up on my face as I checked it out. Going to clean it up before I take some pics, and I'm not sure if I am going to offer it up or not. Always handy to have a second set of sticks for things like shooting meteor showers, especially now that I have 2 cameras to shoot with. Plus I don't even want to know what it'd cost to ship.
Dayum. That is pretty awesome. I've never seen any photo equipment like that before in a thrift store, nicely done! In case you don't end up keeping it, hit me up! Glad to get it off your hands...
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge April 29, 2016: Navy Trousers Unleashed 3 minutes ago
- › ISAIA Napoli cream light beige sport coat 48 38 linen 7 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 8 minutes ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 21 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 22 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 37 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 51 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts