Zegna cloth suits still seem to do well on ebay at least based on the one I sold. I can't remember what it sold for, but it was a reasonable profit on a super dated looking suit with no maker identified.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 11:12 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/15/17 at 2:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3500post #52486 of 13872811/5/12 at 11:34ampost #52487 of 13872811/5/12 at 11:40am
1) Sorry about that last post. I should know better.
2) Snagged a pair of black Ferragamo balmoral wingtips in 12D, pics soon! These puppies are getting flipped later so watch the ebay thread if you want them!post #52488 of 13872811/5/12 at 11:57amQuote:
eh....something more like this typically gets a better response.
2) Snagged a pair of black Ferragamo balmoral wingtips in 12D, pics soon! These puppies are available so hit me up if you want to try to get them before the hit ebay. Glad to let them go a little cheaper since you will be saving me some ebay fees.
Don't get me wrong, I flip as much (probably more) as the next guy, but post's like these typically and
Edited by capnwes - 11/5/12 at 12:25pmpost #52489 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:05pmQuote:
Public schools in my district aren't great, but there are a few Montessori/magnet schools that are on par with the best in the state. Unfortunately, admission is first come, first serve. On the plus side, I only have to go brought this process for her first year there.post #52490 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:12pmpost #52491 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
Quick shirt collar maintenance question. I'm aware of the treatment for shirts that have stains already set in, but what do you guys do to keep the stains from coming back? I've tried a couple of different things, including oxyclean prior to washing and the shampoo pre-treatment which was said to help remove the skin oils. Neither are having great success. So do you just use The Method every now and again, or is there something else I can be doing?
Thanks in advance fellers.
+1 for using The Method for maintenance.
Big money!post #52492 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:29pmQuote:
Just a guess - St. Ursula? The little rich white girl school not-so-ironically placed at the mouth of the ghetto?post #52493 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Surprisingly well dressed group...
Yes, I am bored at work today...post #52494 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:47pm
Holy shit, someone track that guy on the left down.
I must have that topcoat.Quote:
EDIT: And a new meme is born. I present to you: "Ridiculously Photogenic Sartorial Guy"...
Edited by AndroFan - 11/5/12 at 1:02pmpost #52495 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:49pmpost #52496 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:51pmpost #52497 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:52pmpost #52498 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:53pmQuote:
Just don't say the word ebay in this thread -- easiest rule to follow. Post pictures of your stuff, and if someone is actually interested, they will contact you.post #52499 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:53pmpost #52500 of 13872811/5/12 at 1:00pm
For what it's worth, I got told about it too when I started following and posting in the thread last year.....see below.Quote:Originally Posted by TheWGP
You know, capnwes and adaminaustin (no offense to you) are two things I think are wrong with this thread - lurkers who insist on finding thrifted things and turning them into thousands-and-thousands percent return. Sure, we all like the occasional suit we get for 15 bucks and sell for 250 or 300; but that's the super-rare event for most of us. Trying to force that to happen with random thrifted vintage BB and old YSL is one of the things I hate most about Ebay.
Also, does it rub anyone else super the wrong way to just post pictures and then an ebay auction link? He even used his auction titles as the link text... to be honest I'm wondering if this qualifies as out-and-out spam?
Back to the usual....
AlanC : OH MY GOODNESS! haha, that's really something else. I love seeing random unusual bits of old BB - or even just the uncommon, like the track jacket or white turtleneck I have/had, or a red leather women's jacket I left at a yard sale a year or so ago.
dwcopple - that auction is actually the one I based my price on. Figure mine are near-stone-mint and I do free shipping so 50 bucks is a bargain. Small world, eh?
Oh, and tonylumpkin - whatcha doing with the wide-shouldered Oxxfords? If they're suitable for larger size suits I might be interested in working something out, assuming they're available.
BTW guys, this weekend was my Styleforum Birthday.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 53 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Edward Green for RL Grant Monk Straps 9/9.5D 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway