Zegna cloth suits still seem to do well on ebay at least based on the one I sold. I can't remember what it sold for, but it was a reasonable profit on a super dated looking suit with no maker identified.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:54 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 10:25 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 11/2/15 at 2:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Last edited: Today
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3500
Styleforum Top Picks
1) Sorry about that last post. I should know better.
2) Snagged a pair of black Ferragamo balmoral wingtips in 12D, pics soon! These puppies are getting flipped later so watch the ebay thread if you want them!
eh....something more like this typically gets a better response.
2) Snagged a pair of black Ferragamo balmoral wingtips in 12D, pics soon! These puppies are available so hit me up if you want to try to get them before the hit ebay. Glad to let them go a little cheaper since you will be saving me some ebay fees.
Don't get me wrong, I flip as much (probably more) as the next guy, but post's like these typically and
Edited by capnwes - 11/5/12 at 12:25pm
Public schools in my district aren't great, but there are a few Montessori/magnet schools that are on par with the best in the state. Unfortunately, admission is first come, first serve. On the plus side, I only have to go brought this process for her first year there.
Quick shirt collar maintenance question. I'm aware of the treatment for shirts that have stains already set in, but what do you guys do to keep the stains from coming back? I've tried a couple of different things, including oxyclean prior to washing and the shampoo pre-treatment which was said to help remove the skin oils. Neither are having great success. So do you just use The Method every now and again, or is there something else I can be doing?
Thanks in advance fellers.
+1 for using The Method for maintenance.
Just a guess - St. Ursula? The little rich white girl school not-so-ironically placed at the mouth of the ghetto?
Surprisingly well dressed group...
Yes, I am bored at work today...
Holy shit, someone track that guy on the left down.
I must have that topcoat.
EDIT: And a new meme is born. I present to you: "Ridiculously Photogenic Sartorial Guy"...
Edited by AndroFan - 11/5/12 at 1:02pm
Just don't say the word ebay in this thread -- easiest rule to follow. Post pictures of your stuff, and if someone is actually interested, they will contact you.
For what it's worth, I got told about it too when I started following and posting in the thread last year.....see below.
You know, capnwes and adaminaustin (no offense to you) are two things I think are wrong with this thread - lurkers who insist on finding thrifted things and turning them into thousands-and-thousands percent return. Sure, we all like the occasional suit we get for 15 bucks and sell for 250 or 300; but that's the super-rare event for most of us. Trying to force that to happen with random thrifted vintage BB and old YSL is one of the things I hate most about Ebay.
Also, does it rub anyone else super the wrong way to just post pictures and then an ebay auction link? He even used his auction titles as the link text... to be honest I'm wondering if this qualifies as out-and-out spam?
Back to the usual....
AlanC : OH MY GOODNESS! haha, that's really something else. I love seeing random unusual bits of old BB - or even just the uncommon, like the track jacket or white turtleneck I have/had, or a red leather women's jacket I left at a yard sale a year or so ago.
dwcopple - that auction is actually the one I based my price on. Figure mine are near-stone-mint and I do free shipping so 50 bucks is a bargain. Small world, eh?
Oh, and tonylumpkin - whatcha doing with the wide-shouldered Oxxfords? If they're suitable for larger size suits I might be interested in working something out, assuming they're available.
BTW guys, this weekend was my Styleforum Birthday.
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 17 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 27 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 33 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories