Zegna cloth suits still seem to do well on ebay at least based on the one I sold. I can't remember what it sold for, but it was a reasonable profit on a super dated looking suit with no maker identified.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 11:01 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 6/15/16 at 6:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 6/23/16 at 12:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3500post #52486 of 13872811/5/12 at 11:34ampost #52487 of 13872811/5/12 at 11:40am
1) Sorry about that last post. I should know better.
2) Snagged a pair of black Ferragamo balmoral wingtips in 12D, pics soon! These puppies are getting flipped later so watch the ebay thread if you want them!post #52488 of 13872811/5/12 at 11:57amQuote:
eh....something more like this typically gets a better response.
2) Snagged a pair of black Ferragamo balmoral wingtips in 12D, pics soon! These puppies are available so hit me up if you want to try to get them before the hit ebay. Glad to let them go a little cheaper since you will be saving me some ebay fees.
Don't get me wrong, I flip as much (probably more) as the next guy, but post's like these typically and
Edited by capnwes - 11/5/12 at 12:25pmpost #52489 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:05pmQuote:
Public schools in my district aren't great, but there are a few Montessori/magnet schools that are on par with the best in the state. Unfortunately, admission is first come, first serve. On the plus side, I only have to go brought this process for her first year there.post #52490 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:12pmpost #52491 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
Quick shirt collar maintenance question. I'm aware of the treatment for shirts that have stains already set in, but what do you guys do to keep the stains from coming back? I've tried a couple of different things, including oxyclean prior to washing and the shampoo pre-treatment which was said to help remove the skin oils. Neither are having great success. So do you just use The Method every now and again, or is there something else I can be doing?
Thanks in advance fellers.
+1 for using The Method for maintenance.
Big money!post #52492 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:29pmQuote:
Just a guess - St. Ursula? The little rich white girl school not-so-ironically placed at the mouth of the ghetto?post #52493 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Surprisingly well dressed group...
Yes, I am bored at work today...post #52494 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:47pm
Holy shit, someone track that guy on the left down.
I must have that topcoat.Quote:
EDIT: And a new meme is born. I present to you: "Ridiculously Photogenic Sartorial Guy"...
Edited by AndroFan - 11/5/12 at 1:02pmpost #52495 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:49pmpost #52496 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:51pmpost #52497 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:52pmpost #52498 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:53pmQuote:
Just don't say the word ebay in this thread -- easiest rule to follow. Post pictures of your stuff, and if someone is actually interested, they will contact you.post #52499 of 13872811/5/12 at 12:53pmpost #52500 of 13872811/5/12 at 1:00pm
For what it's worth, I got told about it too when I started following and posting in the thread last year.....see below.Quote:Originally Posted by TheWGP
You know, capnwes and adaminaustin (no offense to you) are two things I think are wrong with this thread - lurkers who insist on finding thrifted things and turning them into thousands-and-thousands percent return. Sure, we all like the occasional suit we get for 15 bucks and sell for 250 or 300; but that's the super-rare event for most of us. Trying to force that to happen with random thrifted vintage BB and old YSL is one of the things I hate most about Ebay.
Also, does it rub anyone else super the wrong way to just post pictures and then an ebay auction link? He even used his auction titles as the link text... to be honest I'm wondering if this qualifies as out-and-out spam?
Back to the usual....
AlanC : OH MY GOODNESS! haha, that's really something else. I love seeing random unusual bits of old BB - or even just the uncommon, like the track jacket or white turtleneck I have/had, or a red leather women's jacket I left at a yard sale a year or so ago.
dwcopple - that auction is actually the one I based my price on. Figure mine are near-stone-mint and I do free shipping so 50 bucks is a bargain. Small world, eh?
Oh, and tonylumpkin - whatcha doing with the wide-shouldered Oxxfords? If they're suitable for larger size suits I might be interested in working something out, assuming they're available.
BTW guys, this weekend was my Styleforum Birthday.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 46 seconds ago
- › I think I'm going to try a Beckett and Robb Suit 2 minutes ago
- › Preferred casual leather shoe style to wear with jeans? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › New Carson Street Clothiers Brown Penny Loafer Size 9 12 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding