Really? Dunn & Co? I've got a sweet sc by them that I've been meaning to take to the cleaners. Might have to do that.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 12:25 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 1/14/17 at 3:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3449post #51721 of 13872810/29/12 at 3:49pmpost #51722 of 13872810/29/12 at 4:03pmpost #51723 of 13872810/29/12 at 4:07pmQuote:
Glad to see they made it to you. Luckily for my bank account, I can't wear sunglasses because I need to wear actual prescription glasses, because I tried those on for a minute and I thought they looked pretty good.post #51724 of 13872810/29/12 at 4:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Oscarm58
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Anybody know anything about this one?? It's in great shape and the buttons are awesome.
Harris Tweed Coat. I'm not sure of the size but it is way too small for me. Arms - 22". 22" armpit to armpit. 18 1/2" across the shoulders. 34" Long.
Dunn & Co. Harris Tweed FTW!!!!!!Quote:
HAHAHAHA!post #51725 of 13872810/29/12 at 4:24pm
A week ago I scored a Harris tweed at Value Village, the sleeves are a tiny bit long but it fits otherwise. I'm about a 44R. I was jazzed to find it amongst the dreck. I emailed the Harris Co. in Scotland to see if I could get some info on the date of manufacture. I was under the impression that there is a serial number of sorts in the jacket that can be checked? Mine is 117324. I emailed the number to them but they were unable to tell me. Don't know why exactly, their explanation was something about pre 2008 or whatever. Sorry about the bad pix.
I guess I'm on their email list now. They sent me some spam pitching these. Tweed covered earphones for your I-Pod.
cheers.post #51726 of 13872810/29/12 at 4:36pm
I was inspired by HansderHund's thrift fit that I did one of my own. Although no where near as awesome as his outfit, I tried...This is my Xmas outfit. My mirror wasn't big enough so I had to take a top and bottom pic. It's frustrating that this is my best fitting jacket with no divots in the shoulders yet it's ugly as hell...
Yikes! Look at the size of those lapels! I bet with those bad boys I can fly to LA for my vacation without having to spend money with Southwest...
I think the pants are a bit too long.
Shirt: MTM from a local tailor.
Jacket: HF Customized vintage lumberjack SC from a vintage store. Thrifted by me.
Pants: Berle tartan wool pants thrifted by me.
Tie: DKNY silk. Thrifted by me.
Shoes: AE Grayson tassel loafers. Got them from Wes.
PS: Jos. A. Banks silk. Got them on clearance.post #51727 of 13872810/29/12 at 4:47pm
I'd say $60+ for a nice topcoat is reasonable, but I certainly didn't get $100 for any of mine.post #51728 of 13872810/29/12 at 5:30pmpost #51729 of 13872810/29/12 at 5:33pmpost #51730 of 13872810/29/12 at 5:35pmpost #51731 of 13872810/29/12 at 5:59pmSo... What's the deal with this "Shop Airlines America" username ... Has a SHIT load of positive feedback ... Instant payment for that Tumi jacket. $297 but seems sketchy as fuck.
... Patiently waits for brianpore to link me to eBay threadpost #51732 of 13872810/29/12 at 6:11pmpost #51733 of 13872810/29/12 at 6:14pmQuote:
International buyers shop through them, you ship to them, they ship to buyer at what I assume is a cheaper bulk rate. I deal with them all the time. They have dozens of usernames, one for each country they ship to.post #51734 of 13872810/29/12 at 6:22pmQuote:
You sure about this? I picked up a Brioni for Harry Rosen once that I could swear was OTR.post #51735 of 13872810/29/12 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by ATLjon
I just, hopefully, gave myself a bit of good thrifting karma. I picked up a pretty worn pair of Gucci loafers, and while the inside was a bit less than perfect and there were a few scuffs and dings and the soles were pretty worn, they would still fetch some money on ebay. But I saw a duder with his cart piled high with suits. So, instead of paying for the shoes, I gave them to him. He seemed a bit confused that I would do that. Hopefully this kind gesture (or was it? see below) will pay dividends.
I can't be the only completely hopeless hypocrite here, right? I saw that the guy was likely a flipper, and I couldn't hide my disgust. I gave him the shoes the shoes as I sign that I knew what he was doing, and that I disapproved of his actions. But wait a second ... wasn't I going to do the same thing? Didn't I just sell some things on ebay? My cart is never piled high (mostly because I never find anything of worth in that kind of quantity), but I should definitely lump myself into the same category as that guy. I started thrifting in order to dress better, but I also am fond of money, so I'm at a loss.
But perhaps I'm just a bit bored at work.
Oh, I did pick up some good records for a change. None are in minty condition, but I'll be putting these in my collection, so a bit of album cover scuff is fine.
Aretha: Young, Gifted and Black
Herbie: Man Child
Weil: Deutsche Grammophon recording of Seven Deadly Sins
Stockholm Phil doing Mahler's sixth
I love flippers and I hate them. Actually, everyone I know who seriously thrifts also flips. Most are great people - willing to pass on a great deal if it isn't one of their specialties, hard working and with a strong sense of style.
That being said, there are some people who are so nasty and aggressive when they are thrifting, they make it a bad experience for everyone. I don't like it if:
1) if you complain to the manager of the store because someone else got something nice.
2) you physically shove my mother
3) you call the employees of the store stupid
The volume sellers confuse me, but... I can deal with them. Unless they are in line in front of me.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › LOVELY VINTAGE SWISS CHRONOGRAPH 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 20 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 36 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 39 minutes ago
- › 2017 50 Book Challenge 59 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...