I've been looking for a flight coat in my size for a reasonable price for three-freaking-years.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:23 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 9/12/16 at 2:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3444post #51647 of 13872810/28/12 at 8:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Oscarm58
Almost forgot this one - Paul Stuart Grey pinstripe 46
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Was this a suit or an orphan?Quote:Originally Posted by dubcbadass
was going through my phone and came across some of the stuff i have passed on recently. should i go back and try to kop any of it? sorry for the poor photo quality. they are all cell phone snaps passes (Click to show)this overcoat, for which the thrift wants $60also, this may be a dumb question, but i can't find the answer myself for the life of me. i often see fairly high quality garments with this tag (from suits to ties) and don't know what it is. anyone care to enlighten me?
i think it is tagged 46
these bespoke (i assume) suits, most were 3 piece, odd since the vests fit me, but the jackets don't (they fit more like 40r or 40s), from guatemala. tons of handwork, fully canvassed, etc. there were about 5 of them.
there was another one i didn't get a pic of that was a fine navy polka dot pattern. pretty cool. would proxy if anyone wants to gamble on fit.
also reminds me i need to start thriftin with a tape measure in hand.
HF "flight coat" my size, fit like a glove out the box, worth it for 25 bones in decent used condition?
baller status suede (pretty sure real quede, though no materials tag) casual jackets one in navy, other in cream from saks fifth avenue, both real clean, thrift wants $15 each, tagged size 43R, would try to pick up for someone if interested
I would kop on that flight coat at $25. All others, good pass unless those Bespoke suits fit you.Quote:
Have you ever thought about getting the jacket shortened? I know lots of folks on here are against it but I had good experiences with jacket shortening just under 1 inch. You really NEED a good tailor for that though. Good luck!post #51648 of 13872810/28/12 at 8:23pmpost #51649 of 13872810/28/12 at 8:28pm
Men of official thrift/discount store bragging thread, I copped two identical, unworn, pairs of the these Harold's wool trousers today at GW for $1.50 each. I know they're nothing particularly spectacular, but they seem to be very well made, the wool is substantial for cooler weather, and they fit me, or at least I think they do. I like them quite a bit. What do you guys think?Warning: Tag (Click to show)
Also, really enjoying voraciously scouring these threads the past month.post #51650 of 13872810/28/12 at 8:34pmpost #51651 of 13872810/28/12 at 8:41pmpost #51652 of 13872810/28/12 at 8:59pmYou guys ever pick up "Riviera" pants? I've seen them around and never really inspected them. Then I saw an real nice pair of wool flat front slacks made by our neighbors to the north with decent construction and they ended up being riviera. I picked them up for like 5 bucks and they fit fairly slim (no pics, getting hemmed now). Just wondering if anyone had experience with them.
(Not flipping but wearing)post #51653 of 13872810/28/12 at 9:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by pack66
What's the opinion here on Faconnable and Breuer ties? Found these ties yesterday at a local place and I'm still relatively new to SF.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Breuer can be quite good, at least their made in France stuff. I have a few, but none of their more recent made in Italy. Faconnable was made by Breuer, don't know if they still are. I don't know if resale is particularly strong for them, but they're solid additions to your own closet.post #51654 of 13872810/28/12 at 9:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by AlanC
Breuer can be quite good, at least their made in France stuff. I have a few, but none of their more recent made in Italy. Faconnable was made by Breuer, don't know if they still are. I don't know if resale is particularly strong for them, but they're solid additions to your own closet.
wow, breuer and faconnable are two of my go-to labels, especially for shirts. never knew that they were related.post #51655 of 13872810/28/12 at 9:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by barrelntrigger
Was this a suit or an orphan?
I would kop on that flight coat at $25. All others, good pass unless those Bespoke suits fit you.
Have you ever thought about getting the jacket shortened? I know lots of folks on here are against it but I had good experiences with jacket shortening just under 1 inch. You really NEED a good tailor for that though. Good luck!
I am also interested in this my pinstripe orphan could use a little shortening, how much did that cost you? also what tailor do you use since we live sort of close to one another I go to this guy in berkeley currentlypost #51656 of 13872810/28/12 at 9:48pmSpoo- this has something to do with you? http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/28/investigators-looking-for-clues-as-alligators-are-being-abandoned-on-long/?test=latestnewspost #51657 of 13872810/28/12 at 9:53pmpost #51658 of 13872810/28/12 at 11:56pmQuote:
It was $30. Not as expensive as I thought since she did a pretty good job. I shortened a DB SC that I got for $4. This was my very first thrifted jacket. I got lucky and ended up with a Samuelsohn. It looks pretty good now. I'll PM you my tailor.Quote:Originally Posted by eddievddr10
Spoo- this has something to do with you? http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/28/investigators-looking-for-clues-as-alligators-are-being-abandoned-on-long/?test=latestnewspost #51659 of 13872810/29/12 at 2:04ampost #51660 of 13872810/29/12 at 3:25am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 42 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...