I've been looking for a flight coat in my size for a reasonable price for three-freaking-years.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 3:18 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3444
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51647 of 13872810/28/12 at 8:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Oscarm58
Almost forgot this one - Paul Stuart Grey pinstripe 46
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Was this a suit or an orphan?Quote:Originally Posted by dubcbadass
was going through my phone and came across some of the stuff i have passed on recently. should i go back and try to kop any of it? sorry for the poor photo quality. they are all cell phone snaps passes (Click to show)this overcoat, for which the thrift wants $60also, this may be a dumb question, but i can't find the answer myself for the life of me. i often see fairly high quality garments with this tag (from suits to ties) and don't know what it is. anyone care to enlighten me?
i think it is tagged 46
these bespoke (i assume) suits, most were 3 piece, odd since the vests fit me, but the jackets don't (they fit more like 40r or 40s), from guatemala. tons of handwork, fully canvassed, etc. there were about 5 of them.
there was another one i didn't get a pic of that was a fine navy polka dot pattern. pretty cool. would proxy if anyone wants to gamble on fit.
also reminds me i need to start thriftin with a tape measure in hand.
HF "flight coat" my size, fit like a glove out the box, worth it for 25 bones in decent used condition?
baller status suede (pretty sure real quede, though no materials tag) casual jackets one in navy, other in cream from saks fifth avenue, both real clean, thrift wants $15 each, tagged size 43R, would try to pick up for someone if interested
I would kop on that flight coat at $25. All others, good pass unless those Bespoke suits fit you.Quote:
Have you ever thought about getting the jacket shortened? I know lots of folks on here are against it but I had good experiences with jacket shortening just under 1 inch. You really NEED a good tailor for that though. Good luck!post #51648 of 13872810/28/12 at 8:23pmpost #51649 of 13872810/28/12 at 8:28pm
Men of official thrift/discount store bragging thread, I copped two identical, unworn, pairs of the these Harold's wool trousers today at GW for $1.50 each. I know they're nothing particularly spectacular, but they seem to be very well made, the wool is substantial for cooler weather, and they fit me, or at least I think they do. I like them quite a bit. What do you guys think?Warning: Tag (Click to show)
Also, really enjoying voraciously scouring these threads the past month.post #51650 of 13872810/28/12 at 8:34pmpost #51651 of 13872810/28/12 at 8:41pmpost #51652 of 13872810/28/12 at 8:59pmYou guys ever pick up "Riviera" pants? I've seen them around and never really inspected them. Then I saw an real nice pair of wool flat front slacks made by our neighbors to the north with decent construction and they ended up being riviera. I picked them up for like 5 bucks and they fit fairly slim (no pics, getting hemmed now). Just wondering if anyone had experience with them.
(Not flipping but wearing)post #51653 of 13872810/28/12 at 9:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by pack66
What's the opinion here on Faconnable and Breuer ties? Found these ties yesterday at a local place and I'm still relatively new to SF.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Breuer can be quite good, at least their made in France stuff. I have a few, but none of their more recent made in Italy. Faconnable was made by Breuer, don't know if they still are. I don't know if resale is particularly strong for them, but they're solid additions to your own closet.post #51654 of 13872810/28/12 at 9:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by AlanC
Breuer can be quite good, at least their made in France stuff. I have a few, but none of their more recent made in Italy. Faconnable was made by Breuer, don't know if they still are. I don't know if resale is particularly strong for them, but they're solid additions to your own closet.
wow, breuer and faconnable are two of my go-to labels, especially for shirts. never knew that they were related.post #51655 of 13872810/28/12 at 9:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by barrelntrigger
Was this a suit or an orphan?
I would kop on that flight coat at $25. All others, good pass unless those Bespoke suits fit you.
Have you ever thought about getting the jacket shortened? I know lots of folks on here are against it but I had good experiences with jacket shortening just under 1 inch. You really NEED a good tailor for that though. Good luck!
I am also interested in this my pinstripe orphan could use a little shortening, how much did that cost you? also what tailor do you use since we live sort of close to one another I go to this guy in berkeley currentlypost #51656 of 13872810/28/12 at 9:48pmSpoo- this has something to do with you? http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/28/investigators-looking-for-clues-as-alligators-are-being-abandoned-on-long/?test=latestnewspost #51657 of 13872810/28/12 at 9:53pmpost #51658 of 13872810/28/12 at 11:56pmQuote:
It was $30. Not as expensive as I thought since she did a pretty good job. I shortened a DB SC that I got for $4. This was my very first thrifted jacket. I got lucky and ended up with a Samuelsohn. It looks pretty good now. I'll PM you my tailor.Quote:Originally Posted by eddievddr10
Spoo- this has something to do with you? http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/28/investigators-looking-for-clues-as-alligators-are-being-abandoned-on-long/?test=latestnewspost #51659 of 13872810/29/12 at 2:04am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 46 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 48 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 6 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 6 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 8 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 12 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...