or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3430

post #51436 of 110179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

I am I giants fan I can't remember the last time anyone on our team hit a home run we really need to step up our offense..... oh wait just kidding sandoval hit three in a single world series game lol8%5B1%5D.gif

I saw that. I also saw that the only guy to do it twice was a Yankee.

80 something years ago, but still.


Yeah, unlike many, I don't blame ARod for this year's playoff woes. Everybody but Jeter (and Ibanez) utterly fell apart at the plate. If the pitching wasn't as great as it was (well, mostly CC), we probably would have been swept by the Orioles.
post #51437 of 110179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

hey guys great finds today,

need some more advice for what to wear because I trust you more than the guys on wywt, I would have had more time to thoughtfully plan something else but when on a bit of a bender today, moral of the story is shrooms are bad and so are depressing movies, also everyone has major issues, anyway I have to go to a junior statesman thing tomorrow that i wasn't notified about until 30 min ago so please help me decide what jacket to wear

first is my base okay fit wise and stuff??

 

700

okay first jacket, sleeves are way to short, collar is not porpotional to lapels ect but I only have two jackets not at the tailor right now :/

700

second one is the pinstripe orphan but I actually fits me current pictures are not available because my phone is wack so look at this other picture with the jacket instead, I have a hard decision to make also I have no idea what I am looking at in this picture and yes my mirror needs to be cleaned

 

 

 

700

also speaking of horse head pictures check this out, gem from some kids at my school

 

700

 

It's all about the fit, bro. Go with the orphan unless you have a suit or a blazer that fit better.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

I am I giants fan I can't remember the last time anyone on our team hit a home run we really need to step up our offense..... oh wait just kidding sandoval hit three in a single world series game lol8%5B1%5D.gif

 

LOL

post #51438 of 110179
Never eat mushrooms and watch Gummo, just saying......better yet, never watch Gummo.
post #51439 of 110179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

700

 

Bro, what the hell is that on your mirror?!

post #51440 of 110179

hi guys, Hansderhund inspired me to do a thrift fit pic.

700

 

Brioni 150's flannel pinstripe suit. Burberry tie and a cheap blue shirt. shog[1].gif

oh, and had brown shoes.

post #51441 of 110179

It appears that your bottom button has accidentally fastened itself...

post #51442 of 110179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny View Post

It appears that your bottom button has accidentally fastened itself...

Wouldn't that be a three button coat? Or else that first button is super high.

post #51443 of 110179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny View Post

It appears that your bottom button has accidentally fastened itself...


It's a 3 button suit,  3rd not fastened.   what do you do with a 1 button suit? foo.gif  I don't understand the bottom button thing, WHY?

And no, i don't wear  "fashion trends" (ie- skinny anything). I'm an un- fashionable guy.  rotflmao.gif

But thanks anyway.satisfied.gif

post #51444 of 110179

I'm looking for pocketless white shirts with vertical single color blue grey or black stripes in 15-16 neck, 32/33 sleeve and a fullish cut. Has anyone got any to sell?

 

Also, if there's anyone out there to whom I owe a PM regarding something, my apologies, I write things down, and things have been so unreasonably hectic my end lately that the "to do" list has multiplied to unprecedented proportions and I've not had time to attend to anything. Hopefully will get in touch with folks by the end of the coming week.

post #51445 of 110179
33....those Peals are Edward Green. I had a pair a while back. Called Wigmore.
post #51446 of 110179
Quote:
Originally Posted by size 38R View Post


It's a 3 button suit,  3rd not fastened.   what do you do with a 1 button suit? foo.gif  I don't understand the bottom button thing, WHY?

And no, i don't wear  "fashion trends" (ie- skinny anything). I'm an un- fashionable guy.  rotflmao.gif

But thanks anyway.satisfied.gif

 

Most tuxs are one button. You wear your tux by buttoning the only button. It's more formal.

 

Regarding the reason why you only button the top button on 2 button jackets is legend has it, as King Edward VII grew fat, he noticed he could no longer button the bottom button on his jackets and waist coats due to his ever growing belly. So he said, "Fack it" and stopped buttoning the bottom button of all of his suits and waist coats. Folks thought it was his fashion statements so everyone caught on the trend. What confused me was why didn't he just tailor new suits? Was he that cheap?

 

Also, before you sit down, please unbutton your jacket unless you want to look like a country bumpkin. Cheers!

post #51447 of 110179
Off topic, but what's a gilette?

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/9124398/
post #51448 of 110179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawz View Post

Off topic, but what's a gilette?
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/9124398/

A vest. Sometimes it can refer specifically to a waistcoat that has fabric instead of satin in the back, soas to be able to be worn without a jacket.
post #51449 of 110179
Thank you. smile.gif
post #51450 of 110179
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post


I saw that. I also saw that the only guy to do it twice was a Yankee.
80 something years ago, but still.
Yeah, unlike many, I don't blame ARod for this year's playoff woes. Everybody but Jeter (and Ibanez) utterly fell apart at the plate. If the pitching wasn't as great as it was (well, mostly CC), we probably would have been swept by the Orioles.


At least you aren't a Braves fan ...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread