or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3412

post #51166 of 102563
band collar teacha.gif

Just noticed the pleating... maybe Zanella did a collaboration with Brioni!
post #51167 of 102563
Brioni x Church of the Third Revelation

AU2dC.jpg
post #51168 of 102563
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post

I think it's time Frenchy makes an appearance, perhaps as a Belgian. The thread is starting to get boring. Pnutpug is too kind to kick a cart, and no interesting stuff is showing up. I am yawning!
BTW it's not directed to you Last Don. My post just happened to be below yours.

I'm not either kind. Fuck.

 

It's true, like many of us, he's sometimes a cock (but less often than most of us). But he's also an incredibly talented writer, a source of great information, and clearly one of the very best intellectual assets this board has. I'm pissed now that I chose to become insulted when he termed me a newbie months ago (when in fact I was exactly that) and, as a result, foreclosed a possibility for another good and likely particularly rewarding SF friendship. By the way, I've regretted the unnecessary display of whatever-the-hell-that-was, and I've wanted to publicly apologize to him ever since. Clumsily, belatedly, that's what this is. Very sorry, pnutpug!

post #51169 of 102563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

 

It's true, like many of us, he's sometimes a cock (but less often than most of us). But he's also an incredibly talented writer, a source of great information, and clearly one of the very best intellectual assets this board has. I'm pissed now that I chose to become insulted when he termed me a newbie months ago (when in fact I was exactly that) and, as a result, foreclosed a possibility for another good and likely particularly rewarding SF friendship. By the way, I've regretted the unnecessary display of whatever-the-hell-that-was, and I've wanted to publicly apologize to him ever since. Clumsily, belatedly, that's what this is. Very sorry, pnutpug!

 

For a second there, I thought you were referring to whose name shall not be mentioned! LOL

post #51170 of 102563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

It's true, like many of us, he's sometimes a cock (but less often than most of us). But he's also an incredibly talented writer, a source of great information, and clearly one of the very best intellectual assets this board has. I'm pissed now that I chose to become insulted when he termed me a newbie months ago (when in fact I was exactly that) and, as a result, foreclosed a possibility for another good and likely particularly rewarding SF friendship. By the way, I've regretted the unnecessary display of whatever-the-hell-that-was, and I've wanted to publicly apologize to him ever since. Clumsily, belatedly, that's what this is. Very sorry, pnutpug!


Fuck you. Just kidding. Thanks. A lot. Really. I am humbled.
post #51171 of 102563

You had me there for a second lol. sly.gif  Appreciated the generous acknowledgment. :)

post #51172 of 102563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainy View Post

Navy jcrew lambswool shawl cardigan
J.Crew cardigan pic (Click to show)

ttZdA.jpg

 


bounce2.gif

Do want.

 

Clearly Nataku's emoticon confirms that some J.Crew is pretty effing desirable. Is that generally true (surely not!), or is it that this particular item is especially lustworthy?

post #51173 of 102563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

Clearly Nataku's emoticon confirms that some J.Crew is pretty effing desirable. Is that generally true (surely not!), or is it that this particular item is especially lustworthy?

I made a comment on it too. JCrew, unless it says Thomas Mason or Wallace & Barnes or something to that effect, is largely passable. I did flip a jacket with some success though so ymmv. That particular cardigan was just a nice, easy to wear piece. Use your discretion on styling and age when contemplating jcrew at the thrift.
post #51174 of 102563
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

I made a comment on it too. JCrew, unless it says Thomas Mason or Wallace & Barnes or something to that effect, is largely passable. I did flip a jacket with some success though so ymmv. That particular cardigan was just a nice, easy to wear piece. Use your discretion on styling and age when contemplating jcrew at the thrift.

 

^^^ I almost never pick up J. Crew anything.  However, I do have two pieces that I picked up secondhand - a dark heathered green shawl collar sweater for $4.99 (made in China, no less...  uhoh.gif ) and a pair of chocolate brown desert boots for $5.49 (made in Italy).  Aside from having to perennially restitch the seams on the sweater and having had to replace the leather insoles in the boots once, both have been quite nice. 

 

When it comes to thrifting J. Crew...

 

 

"Choose Wisely."

 

post #51175 of 102563
j.crew is like anything else... just gotta use some judgment on what's worth it. IE, plain wool vneck, i would leave, something like that cardigan, cop. quality seems to vary a lot on jcrew, i don't feel like it wears esp. well. also, a billion people sent me pm's on that and other stuff, i will respond to everybody tomorrow
post #51176 of 102563
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post

Brioni x Church of the Third Revelation
AU2dC.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9k6Mf-FfXQ
post #51177 of 102563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

You should be able to flip those for 100% profit easy...worst case you can return stuff to Marshalls. How many do they actually have?

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?Brand=Ralph%2520Lauren&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_dmpt=US_Sunglasses&_nkw=sunglasses+keyhole&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

EDIT - You should send one pair to VLSI and one pair to me at cost + shipping....then sell the rest mwink%5B1%5D.gif

Mee too!!!!!!!
post #51178 of 102563

At my local SA, one of the workers makes you remove the hangers, and she's not all that nice about communicating that to you, either.

 

I remove the hangers before checkout at the thrifts I go to, not worth it having a cashier mess up whatever I'm buying.  I do dislike it when I hand over the tie such that the price tag clearly shows and the cashier decides that s/he needs to pull the tie towards her and basically bends the tip when doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post


Clearly this is a raw nerve for you, if you are so unhappy about having to remove hangers from clothes for minimum wage you should consider unionizing or putting up signs that all hangers must be removed by patrons.
finds; Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Canali coat in 40R, my size but available straight up for a barbour or a nice trench.
20121024_190324.jpg
Ebay, BB (available), Pringle (available), BB (N/A), BB (N/A)
20121024_190918.jpg
b1627f65_SpooSignal.gifis this the right Versace? its un-wearably ugly but was cheap enough I don't mind throwing it out.
20121024_191049.jpg

 

 

 

post #51179 of 102563
If I avoided all the weirdos strangers, I wouldn't have met HenryBoogers or Grendel.

I've had some good conversations with fellow thrifters, but I find that it's best to bail early if we are on different wavelengths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowen View Post

That PRL is sick! Nice find, I have yet to find PRL suiting of any kind, not sure if it gets snapped up right away or if people around here don't dig it, but I never see it.

I see jackets somewhat regularly, but never anything I would consider quality. It's all been fused and fits right in with the Stafford.



And that 30's linen suit... I have no need for it, but the want burns in my belly.
post #51180 of 102563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mox C View Post

... I shouldn't have met HenryBoogers or Grendel and arrived the store always earlier than them....
.
FTFY
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread