or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3406

post #51076 of 110612

Anyone here operate as hitch-n-post on the bay?

post #51077 of 110612
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Not the place for this, but I initially ignored the thrift shop song, went back and started listening to some more Macklemore. Need suggestions for similar artists. Thanks. peepwall[1].gif
http://en.vidivodo.com/video/by-mr-b-the-gentleman-rhymer-just-like-a-chap/990739
Had a good day today, nearly had a coronary when the cashier pulled the hanger off a Borelli tie without un-clipping it first. cloud.gif
post #51078 of 110612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

Anyone here operate as hitch-n-post on the bay?

Good question, they seem to have the market cornered when it comes to AE's and Aldens.

post #51079 of 110612

Seriously,  I just won some AE Bayfields and wondered if it was someone here.

post #51080 of 110612
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhtcjt37 View Post

 

Then picked this up at a local vintage store. Certainly not thrift prices but not expensive by any means, just loved the jacket for some reason. Pictures don't do it justice.

 

 

 

 

 

bounce2.gif

 

I would the shit out of that if I had it!

post #51081 of 110612
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWGP View Post
 Brioni leopard print 100% rayon short-sleeved shirt. wink.gif

 

Available?

post #51082 of 110612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post

http://en.vidivodo.com/video/by-mr-b-the-gentleman-rhymer-just-like-a-chap/990739Had a good day today, nearly had a coronary when the cashier pulled the hanger off a Borelli tie without un-clipping it first. cloud.gif


Maybe I'm missing something, but why are you making/allowing the cashier (to) remove clothing from hangers? That's one of my prime pet peeves, folks who can't be bothered to take clothes off hangers and instead expect the cashier to do it, thus holding up the checkout line. I routinely see people with whole carts full of clothing, all with hangers still in place, just standing there watching while the clerk removes hangers. I've seen it take as long as five minutes. That may have been why she pulled the hanger off your tie without unclipping it--after eight hours of removing hangers, I can understand assembly-line thinking on the part of cashiers. A thrift store ain't freakin' Neiman Marcus. Neither cashiers nor anyone else who works in a thrift store can be expected to properly handle clothing.

Speaking of pet peeves, I thought of he-who-cannot-be named today when I encountered what appeared to be an abandoned cart in an aisle. It had exactly one shirt in it. I moved it out of my way and was going on about my business when I hear some a-hole say "Thank you." Paid no attention at first, then I heard him say "Thank you" again. And again. Finally, it dawned on me that he was talking to me. "Yes?" I asked. "Thank you for pushing my cart," he says. As if I'd pushed his little sister or something.

Well.

"Look," says I. "It ain't cool to block the aisle with a cart and go wandering. What are you, new?"

He was lucky I was in a good mood, having just scored a Willis and Geiger safari shirt. It was just sitting there, label open to the world, where he'd already been. Guess he really was new.
post #51083 of 110612
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

:words:

rolleyes.gif

This was a for-profit thrift store, and it is their fucking job to remove hangers from clothing and scan it through.
post #51084 of 110612
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

Maybe I'm missing something, but why are you making/allowing the cashier (to) remove clothing from hangers? That's one of my prime pet peeves, folks who can't be bothered to take clothes off hangers and instead expect the cashier to do it, thus holding up the checkout line. I routinely see people with whole carts full of clothing, all with hangers still in place, just standing there watching while the clerk removes hangers. I've seen it take as long as five minutes. That may have been why she pulled the hanger off your tie without unclipping it--after eight hours of removing hangers, I can understand assembly-line thinking on the part of cashiers. A thrift store ain't freakin' Neiman Marcus. Neither cashiers nor anyone else who works in a thrift store can be expected to properly handle clothing.
Speaking of pet peeves, I thought of he-who-cannot-be named today when I encountered what appeared to be an abandoned cart in an aisle. It had exactly one shirt in it. I moved it out of my way and was going on about my business when I hear some a-hole say "Thank you." Paid no attention at first, then I heard him say "Thank you" again. And again. Finally, it dawned on me that he was talking to me. "Yes?" I asked. "Thank you for pushing my cart," he says. As if I'd pushed his little sister or something.
Well.
"Look," says I. "It ain't cool to block the aisle with a cart and go wandering. What are you, new?"
He was lucky I was in a good mood, having just scored a Willis and Geiger safari shirt. It was just sitting there, label open to the world, where he'd already been. Guess he really was new.
still waiting for an answer in CE, whenever your ready nod[1].gif
post #51085 of 110612
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post

still waiting for an answer in CE, whenever your ready nod[1].gif

Huh?
post #51086 of 110612
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post

still waiting for an answer in CE, whenever your ready nod[1].gif

Oh, yeah, that's right: You're the Romney weird-o, or whatever it is they call folks who post stuff like you posted. Let's talk after Election Day, okay? And not here. This is a thread devoted to thrifting. Am I being stalked or something?
post #51087 of 110612

Couple non clothing GW:

 

Dremel Regent shoe buffer, $5

 

 

 

Golf Guard travel case $15

 

post #51088 of 110612
I think it's time Frenchy makes an appearance, perhaps as a Belgian. The thread is starting to get boring. Pnutpug is too kind to kick a cart, and no interesting stuff is showing up. I am yawning!


BTW it's not directed to you Last Don. My post just happened to be below yours.
post #51089 of 110612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post

rolleyes.gif
This was a for-profit thrift store, and it is their fucking job to remove hangers from clothing and scan it through.

No, it is not their fucking job, and if you think that it is their fucking job, then you deserve to have your fucking tie fucked up. Fuck.
post #51090 of 110612
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post

I think it's time Frenchy makes an appearance, perhaps as a Belgian. The thread is starting to get boring. Pnutpug is too kind to kick a cart, and no interesting stuff is showing up. I am yawning!
BTW it's not directed to you Last Don. My post just happened to be below yours.

I'm not either kind. Fuck.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread