Originally Posted by Nataku
Swung by the Goodwill after work today - picked up some good stuff.
- Thomas Pink shirt (blue with green check) 16.5 34/35
- Tailor and Son Sportswear sweater...gourgeous red with tan/brown argyle (Made in Italy) Anyone ever heard of this name?
- Alea white/blue check shirt (size 41)
- four cream Corneliani shirts, all NWT (size 39, but fit me)
- Edri Pisano lime green/pink dress shirt. STUNNING shirt (size 16)
- Joseph's Cloak brown with light blue stripes, french cuff (size 41)
All shirts were $4.99
- Tan 3 button wool blazer by Satoria Battisti (below the name is says Albiate -mi- Italia) Anyone heard of this name? Very high quality blazer with hand picking and gorgeous gold silk lining. $8.99
Also picked up a pair of Rogers LS 3/5a studio monitors for $3.99 a piece. Sound AMAZING. The guy obviously took great care of these. Snagged a few lps as well for .99 a piece. All VG+ to NM They were:
- Niel Merryweather, John Richardson and Boers self-titled. Awesome psych lp
- Niel Merryweather - Kryptonite
- Uriah Heep - self-titled
- Deep Purple - Shades of Deep Purple
Hopin for a day just as good tomorrow!
Good Haul Natuku,
Don't you work at Salvation Army? And now you're going by Goodwill after work. I think pejsek is finally going to have some competition!
Where do you live? I think a lot of "Thrifting" is regional. You say you bought 4 NWT Corneliani shirts for $4.99 each. I have never seen something like that in Houston, Tx. I guess items like that are donated, but they are diverted before they hit the floor.
I think you explained the situation at the SA where you work, but was it just good luck at the GW? As pejsk says and I'm sure you know, 99.9% of the items at a Thrift are generally going to be crap! And that ranges from "Desirable Crap", to the public like good condition Polo and Claiborne items, to awful crap like unuseable damaged stuff.
If I do get lucky, it's generally one item. Recently I bought a 100% Cashmere Domenico Spano MTM Blue Blazer for $11. And that took a lot of time to find. I have never gone to a thrift and found as many desirable items as you did on your GW trip.
I know that Vintage Gent has built up an extraordinary collection of great amazing Vintage items at the thrifts. But, I believe it took him many years and he has a very discerning eye! And my favorite poster and Thrifter, pejsek, has devoted a lot of time to his wonderful collection. In addition, pejsek is really a vintage/thrift expert and amazes me with his knowledge.
So my question is. Have many of you, had a real treasure haul day at a thrift with many NWT, and desirable items bought at one time? Or is a single item, after much time, a more common Thrift experience?
BTW: Good for you Nataku, and keep up your hauls!