Thanks to those that replied. Guess I shouldve googled "93605" before asking. Im getting nothing but Shell Cordovan hits with that code for Florsheim Imperials. Woot Woot. Glad I picked these up. Theyre my size too. I gotta get them cleaned up though for sure. Im seeing alot of "Less is more" as far as polishing and cleaning for Cordovans. Most people say to just give them a good brushing?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 1/18/17 at 4:48am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3398post #50957 of 13872810/23/12 at 11:34ampost #50958 of 13872810/23/12 at 11:39ampost #50959 of 13872810/23/12 at 11:59am^^
Yes, shell. As Cap sez, no shoe polish or wax. Take a damp soft rag, wipe, then rub like bejeebers with a horsehair brush until your arms feel like spaghetti. Then buff out with a soft cloth. Those are going to look real, real nice--great find.post #50960 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:04pmPassed on a pre Davies and Son Alan Bennet jacket. It was orphaned and I'd have most likely passed anyway, because of a pea sized hole in the back. Beautiful coat though.
I did pick up a staple navy blue two button Oxxford though, along with a NWOT Filson flannel shirt in my size, two recent Zegna ties and a mint Charvet tie. I'll try to post a pic tonight.post #50961 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:16pmpost #50962 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:28pmJust got the coolest tweed (I think) PRL jacket I've ever seen, at Buffalo Exchange of all places. It's a sport coat style, but with a throat latch and button closure on the vent. What is that called? Anyway, pics to come.post #50963 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:31pmQuote:
With old shell it might be a good idea to hit them with some Venetian Creme or Saphir Renovateur. Don't use Lexol. Shell eventually dries out and cracks too, so it's good to put some oils back in there.post #50964 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:38pmpost #50965 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:42pmpost #50966 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:43pmpost #50967 of 13872810/23/12 at 1:05pmpost #50968 of 13872810/23/12 at 1:28pmToday's finds,
Ties, wool knit Pendleton, silk knit Lands End, EZ. I generally always pick up knit ties that aren't trashed as they are my go to tie in the fall/winter.
NWT Lands End quilted jacket for my wife to replace the LRL one I picked up for her last year.
Vintage Zegna wool & cashmere jacket. Dated 86' but fit like a glove so fuck it.
Incotex flat front mid gray trousers, size 31 but have about an inch to let out!!!!! Made in Italy. This is a real treat because I was just about to shell out good money for a pair of new gray trousers. $6 plus about $30 in tailoring.
Falconnable by Loro Piana Storm System jacket, size XL
NIB, Franzus Wrinkles Away hand steamer. "The Best Friend your clothes ever had". Been looking for something like this for a long time.
And my favorite find of the day, a Cape Cod Catboat model boat, made in Maine. This should come in handy when it becomes too cold to leave the house. Although, after I gave it real once over, assembly looks pretty fucking complicated. It's got real brass rigging's and canvas sails, the whole nine yards!post #50969 of 13872810/23/12 at 1:30pmFor restoring old shell, I really think the Venetian does a bang-up job. The Renovateur is great, too, and I have and use both, but for that first treatment on old shell... stick with the Venetian, I say.
Don't be too impatient with rehabbing old shell - give it time. And really, seriously, don't get them too gummed up with wax. You want to be very careful especially if it's got wear on them - they can crack, often on the outside of the toe area... and then you'll cry. I haven't had this happen to me on my personal shoes, but there are folks here who've had it happen on multiple shoes.post #50970 of 13872810/23/12 at 1:42pmQuote:
I've done quite well with some of their leather pieces.
Because they market to a youth audience, AX is a brand that needs to be current. It also doesn't wear well - I see a lot of trashed pieces. The only one of the Armani labels that I actively avoid is Emporio, mostly because I can't figure out who would buy it...
Good luck with your shirt!
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Currently, there are 1260 Active Users (230 Members and 1030 Guests)
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 10 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 11 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...