Thanks to those that replied. Guess I shouldve googled "93605" before asking. Im getting nothing but Shell Cordovan hits with that code for Florsheim Imperials. Woot Woot. Glad I picked these up. Theyre my size too. I gotta get them cleaned up though for sure. Im seeing alot of "Less is more" as far as polishing and cleaning for Cordovans. Most people say to just give them a good brushing?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 4/27/16 at 9:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 4/26/16 at 4:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3398post #50957 of 13872810/23/12 at 11:34ampost #50958 of 13872810/23/12 at 11:39ampost #50959 of 13872810/23/12 at 11:59am^^
Yes, shell. As Cap sez, no shoe polish or wax. Take a damp soft rag, wipe, then rub like bejeebers with a horsehair brush until your arms feel like spaghetti. Then buff out with a soft cloth. Those are going to look real, real nice--great find.post #50960 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:04pmPassed on a pre Davies and Son Alan Bennet jacket. It was orphaned and I'd have most likely passed anyway, because of a pea sized hole in the back. Beautiful coat though.
I did pick up a staple navy blue two button Oxxford though, along with a NWOT Filson flannel shirt in my size, two recent Zegna ties and a mint Charvet tie. I'll try to post a pic tonight.post #50961 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:16pmpost #50962 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:28pmJust got the coolest tweed (I think) PRL jacket I've ever seen, at Buffalo Exchange of all places. It's a sport coat style, but with a throat latch and button closure on the vent. What is that called? Anyway, pics to come.post #50963 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:31pmQuote:
With old shell it might be a good idea to hit them with some Venetian Creme or Saphir Renovateur. Don't use Lexol. Shell eventually dries out and cracks too, so it's good to put some oils back in there.post #50964 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:38pmpost #50965 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:42pmpost #50966 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:43pmpost #50967 of 13872810/23/12 at 1:05pmpost #50968 of 13872810/23/12 at 1:28pmToday's finds,
Ties, wool knit Pendleton, silk knit Lands End, EZ. I generally always pick up knit ties that aren't trashed as they are my go to tie in the fall/winter.
NWT Lands End quilted jacket for my wife to replace the LRL one I picked up for her last year.
Vintage Zegna wool & cashmere jacket. Dated 86' but fit like a glove so fuck it.
Incotex flat front mid gray trousers, size 31 but have about an inch to let out!!!!! Made in Italy. This is a real treat because I was just about to shell out good money for a pair of new gray trousers. $6 plus about $30 in tailoring.
Falconnable by Loro Piana Storm System jacket, size XL
NIB, Franzus Wrinkles Away hand steamer. "The Best Friend your clothes ever had". Been looking for something like this for a long time.
And my favorite find of the day, a Cape Cod Catboat model boat, made in Maine. This should come in handy when it becomes too cold to leave the house. Although, after I gave it real once over, assembly looks pretty fucking complicated. It's got real brass rigging's and canvas sails, the whole nine yards!post #50969 of 13872810/23/12 at 1:30pmFor restoring old shell, I really think the Venetian does a bang-up job. The Renovateur is great, too, and I have and use both, but for that first treatment on old shell... stick with the Venetian, I say.
Don't be too impatient with rehabbing old shell - give it time. And really, seriously, don't get them too gummed up with wax. You want to be very careful especially if it's got wear on them - they can crack, often on the outside of the toe area... and then you'll cry. I haven't had this happen to me on my personal shoes, but there are folks here who've had it happen on multiple shoes.post #50970 of 13872810/23/12 at 1:42pmQuote:
I've done quite well with some of their leather pieces.
Because they market to a youth audience, AX is a brand that needs to be current. It also doesn't wear well - I see a lot of trashed pieces. The only one of the Armani labels that I actively avoid is Emporio, mostly because I can't figure out who would buy it...
Good luck with your shirt!
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Currently, there are 1470 Active Users (342 Members and 1128 Guests)
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › Eames Lounge Chair copies... worth it? 10 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts