Thanks to those that replied. Guess I shouldve googled "93605" before asking. Im getting nothing but Shell Cordovan hits with that code for Florsheim Imperials. Woot Woot. Glad I picked these up. Theyre my size too. I gotta get them cleaned up though for sure. Im seeing alot of "Less is more" as far as polishing and cleaning for Cordovans. Most people say to just give them a good brushing?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3398
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50957 of 13872810/23/12 at 11:34ampost #50958 of 13872810/23/12 at 11:39ampost #50959 of 13872810/23/12 at 11:59am^^
Yes, shell. As Cap sez, no shoe polish or wax. Take a damp soft rag, wipe, then rub like bejeebers with a horsehair brush until your arms feel like spaghetti. Then buff out with a soft cloth. Those are going to look real, real nice--great find.post #50960 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:04pmPassed on a pre Davies and Son Alan Bennet jacket. It was orphaned and I'd have most likely passed anyway, because of a pea sized hole in the back. Beautiful coat though.
I did pick up a staple navy blue two button Oxxford though, along with a NWOT Filson flannel shirt in my size, two recent Zegna ties and a mint Charvet tie. I'll try to post a pic tonight.post #50961 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:16pmpost #50962 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:28pmJust got the coolest tweed (I think) PRL jacket I've ever seen, at Buffalo Exchange of all places. It's a sport coat style, but with a throat latch and button closure on the vent. What is that called? Anyway, pics to come.post #50963 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:31pmQuote:
With old shell it might be a good idea to hit them with some Venetian Creme or Saphir Renovateur. Don't use Lexol. Shell eventually dries out and cracks too, so it's good to put some oils back in there.post #50964 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:38pmpost #50965 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:42pmpost #50966 of 13872810/23/12 at 12:43pmpost #50967 of 13872810/23/12 at 1:05pmpost #50968 of 13872810/23/12 at 1:28pmToday's finds,
Ties, wool knit Pendleton, silk knit Lands End, EZ. I generally always pick up knit ties that aren't trashed as they are my go to tie in the fall/winter.
NWT Lands End quilted jacket for my wife to replace the LRL one I picked up for her last year.
Vintage Zegna wool & cashmere jacket. Dated 86' but fit like a glove so fuck it.
Incotex flat front mid gray trousers, size 31 but have about an inch to let out!!!!! Made in Italy. This is a real treat because I was just about to shell out good money for a pair of new gray trousers. $6 plus about $30 in tailoring.
Falconnable by Loro Piana Storm System jacket, size XL
NIB, Franzus Wrinkles Away hand steamer. "The Best Friend your clothes ever had". Been looking for something like this for a long time.
And my favorite find of the day, a Cape Cod Catboat model boat, made in Maine. This should come in handy when it becomes too cold to leave the house. Although, after I gave it real once over, assembly looks pretty fucking complicated. It's got real brass rigging's and canvas sails, the whole nine yards!post #50969 of 13872810/23/12 at 1:30pmFor restoring old shell, I really think the Venetian does a bang-up job. The Renovateur is great, too, and I have and use both, but for that first treatment on old shell... stick with the Venetian, I say.
Don't be too impatient with rehabbing old shell - give it time. And really, seriously, don't get them too gummed up with wax. You want to be very careful especially if it's got wear on them - they can crack, often on the outside of the toe area... and then you'll cry. I haven't had this happen to me on my personal shoes, but there are folks here who've had it happen on multiple shoes.post #50970 of 13872810/23/12 at 1:42pmQuote:
I've done quite well with some of their leather pieces.
Because they market to a youth audience, AX is a brand that needs to be current. It also doesn't wear well - I see a lot of trashed pieces. The only one of the Armani labels that I actively avoid is Emporio, mostly because I can't figure out who would buy it...
Good luck with your shirt!
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Currently, there are 1142 Active Users (231 Members and 911 Guests)
- › Eidos lupo polos, sweaters 50% off 9 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 22 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 23 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 24 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 24 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?