I wear 40s.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:33 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 7/26/16 at 5:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3397post #50941 of 13872810/23/12 at 7:16ampost #50942 of 13872810/23/12 at 7:32amQuote:Originally Posted by VLSI
8 pairs socks, ultra lite down jacket, sweater, long sleeve heattech, extra fine broadcloth shirt, slim fit flat front chinos, t-shirt. Will order more chinos when they go on sale if I like, and more t-shirts if this one fits well. I basically just picked 1 of everything until I know sizing. I only have some OCBDs and socks that I got through suddenlee right now. Wanted some flannels but all the patterns I liked were sold out by the time I got around to it.
shit, I really like their socks I have found some in thrifts but their sizing is really inconsistent, I have one cutaway collar in size M that is super long in the sleeves and actually fits me maybe it was mad for the scandinavian market? and one ocbd in size Xl that fits me like a M? I also live right next to sf so I can just go in to check out their stuff I just have not been able to yetpost #50943 of 13872810/23/12 at 8:10amfrom manhattan sales alert thread
Originally Posted by sftiger View Post
Pop up sale going on at 256 Fifth Avenue. Kiton shirts, Brunello Cucinelli sweaters and pants, Boglioli outerwear and jackets, and a lot of Ralph Lauren stuff. Lots of other Italian brands I'm not that familiar with but see on Yoox and other sites (Fay, Iceberg, Eddy & Bros, etc.) Prices aren't rock bottom but are fairly reasonable and certainly better than I've seen before in person, although eBay is probably cheaper.
Lots of Prada, Tod's, and Ferragamo shoes too. The SA said they might be getting in some Tom Ford later, but there wasn't any yesterday.
Worth stopping by if you're around the K-Town/Flatiron area. It's right next to the big sample sale area where they had the Gant sale and are currently having a Montblanc sale.
Yes if anyone is looking for anything specific from this sale please contact me (im involved )post #50944 of 13872810/23/12 at 9:03ampost #50945 of 13872810/23/12 at 9:16ampost #50946 of 13872810/23/12 at 9:34amQuote:Originally Posted by FMacDonald
Picked up this fully canvassed Edwin Nazario blazer today. From what I've read, he's a designer out of Toronto that has done some work with Armani, handmakes suits in Italy, and sells via Holt Renfrew. Could anyone tell me a bit more about it? I'm a bit new to the thrifting game.
Apologies if someone upthread said this, but Edwin Nazario is Caruso. That materials tag confirms it. I found a Nazario super 150's sc in my holiday haul from NC last year, it's super-great stuff.post #50947 of 13872810/23/12 at 9:40ampost #50948 of 13872810/23/12 at 9:52am
Alright fellas...need some quick help here...These are the Florsheim Imperial V-Cleats I found several days ago. I thought Shell Cordovans only came in one color...burgundy (shows how much I know about shoes, now you know why I really skip them when im hunting). I thought these looked interested though and I started reading up on how to tell the difference from Calf and Shell...but im still a bit lost. Anyways, thought id come here and see if I could get a vote....
Are these Shell Cordovan?....post #50949 of 13872810/23/12 at 10:07ampost #50950 of 13872810/23/12 at 10:11ampost #50951 of 13872810/23/12 at 10:12ampost #50952 of 13872810/23/12 at 10:26am
No. Please no.
The "Armani Black Label" that people are talking about is a solid black tag, and it has "GIORGIO ARMANI" written out, and then, at the very base of the tag, "Made in Italy". If you see the address directly below the name, it's still of good quality but it is from the early to late 90s. If you see Emporio on a tag, I can only recommend that you run rather than walk away (unless the fit is excellent and you will wear it yourself)
In the world of Armani, it goes from:
Armani Prive (couture; I think I've seen once piece in the last fifteen years)
Giorgio Armani (the black label we have been talking about)
Armani Collezioni (bridge label. Get it if the style is super modern, fabric is excellent and condition is good. About BB quality at twice the price)
Emporio Armani (cheap label)
Armani Exchange (teen label)
If you see "Giorgio Armani" written out in black font on a white label, that piece is at least 25 years old...post #50953 of 13872810/23/12 at 10:37am
Thanks for the reply...heres the markings on the other shoe...
By the way, I read in several tutorials that theres a waxy white buildup that forms sometimes in creases....I found this buildup on the tongue.
Oh ok, Well, they look like a cross between Burgundy and Brown. Is that how they fade then?
Thanks as well for your reply.post #50954 of 13872810/23/12 at 10:37ampost #50955 of 13872810/23/12 at 10:39am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › PRICE DROP: BNIB KITON brown luxury sunglasses Caruso ZZL UV... 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on the Sartorialist 5 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 14 minutes ago
- › "Socks and sandals: The unlikely hottest new trend in men's fashion" 21 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 26 minutes ago
- › Should I Wear This?: Post It Before You Roast It 27 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 35 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 42 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 56 minutes ago
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding