I wear 40s.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3397post #50941 of 13872810/23/12 at 7:16am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50942 of 13872810/23/12 at 7:32amQuote:Originally Posted by VLSI
8 pairs socks, ultra lite down jacket, sweater, long sleeve heattech, extra fine broadcloth shirt, slim fit flat front chinos, t-shirt. Will order more chinos when they go on sale if I like, and more t-shirts if this one fits well. I basically just picked 1 of everything until I know sizing. I only have some OCBDs and socks that I got through suddenlee right now. Wanted some flannels but all the patterns I liked were sold out by the time I got around to it.
shit, I really like their socks I have found some in thrifts but their sizing is really inconsistent, I have one cutaway collar in size M that is super long in the sleeves and actually fits me maybe it was mad for the scandinavian market? and one ocbd in size Xl that fits me like a M? I also live right next to sf so I can just go in to check out their stuff I just have not been able to yetpost #50943 of 13872810/23/12 at 8:10amfrom manhattan sales alert thread
Originally Posted by sftiger View Post
Pop up sale going on at 256 Fifth Avenue. Kiton shirts, Brunello Cucinelli sweaters and pants, Boglioli outerwear and jackets, and a lot of Ralph Lauren stuff. Lots of other Italian brands I'm not that familiar with but see on Yoox and other sites (Fay, Iceberg, Eddy & Bros, etc.) Prices aren't rock bottom but are fairly reasonable and certainly better than I've seen before in person, although eBay is probably cheaper.
Lots of Prada, Tod's, and Ferragamo shoes too. The SA said they might be getting in some Tom Ford later, but there wasn't any yesterday.
Worth stopping by if you're around the K-Town/Flatiron area. It's right next to the big sample sale area where they had the Gant sale and are currently having a Montblanc sale.
Yes if anyone is looking for anything specific from this sale please contact me (im involved )post #50944 of 13872810/23/12 at 9:03ampost #50945 of 13872810/23/12 at 9:16ampost #50946 of 13872810/23/12 at 9:34amQuote:Originally Posted by FMacDonald
Picked up this fully canvassed Edwin Nazario blazer today. From what I've read, he's a designer out of Toronto that has done some work with Armani, handmakes suits in Italy, and sells via Holt Renfrew. Could anyone tell me a bit more about it? I'm a bit new to the thrifting game.
Apologies if someone upthread said this, but Edwin Nazario is Caruso. That materials tag confirms it. I found a Nazario super 150's sc in my holiday haul from NC last year, it's super-great stuff.post #50947 of 13872810/23/12 at 9:40ampost #50948 of 13872810/23/12 at 9:52am
Alright fellas...need some quick help here...These are the Florsheim Imperial V-Cleats I found several days ago. I thought Shell Cordovans only came in one color...burgundy (shows how much I know about shoes, now you know why I really skip them when im hunting). I thought these looked interested though and I started reading up on how to tell the difference from Calf and Shell...but im still a bit lost. Anyways, thought id come here and see if I could get a vote....
Are these Shell Cordovan?....post #50949 of 13872810/23/12 at 10:07ampost #50950 of 13872810/23/12 at 10:11ampost #50951 of 13872810/23/12 at 10:12ampost #50952 of 13872810/23/12 at 10:26am
No. Please no.
The "Armani Black Label" that people are talking about is a solid black tag, and it has "GIORGIO ARMANI" written out, and then, at the very base of the tag, "Made in Italy". If you see the address directly below the name, it's still of good quality but it is from the early to late 90s. If you see Emporio on a tag, I can only recommend that you run rather than walk away (unless the fit is excellent and you will wear it yourself)
In the world of Armani, it goes from:
Armani Prive (couture; I think I've seen once piece in the last fifteen years)
Giorgio Armani (the black label we have been talking about)
Armani Collezioni (bridge label. Get it if the style is super modern, fabric is excellent and condition is good. About BB quality at twice the price)
Emporio Armani (cheap label)
Armani Exchange (teen label)
If you see "Giorgio Armani" written out in black font on a white label, that piece is at least 25 years old...post #50953 of 13872810/23/12 at 10:37am
Thanks for the reply...heres the markings on the other shoe...
By the way, I read in several tutorials that theres a waxy white buildup that forms sometimes in creases....I found this buildup on the tongue.
Oh ok, Well, they look like a cross between Burgundy and Brown. Is that how they fade then?
Thanks as well for your reply.post #50954 of 13872810/23/12 at 10:37am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF FEB... 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 5 minutes ago
- › Help! Tom Ford Tuxedo lapel asymmetrical! Can it be fixed? 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...