also I was one generation away from being able to claim being part of the navajo tribe so no scholarship there for me either... ooo lets argue about affirmative action now to because I have middle class entitled pretentious white people problems
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 9/12/16 at 2:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3381post #50701 of 13872810/20/12 at 6:59pmpost #50702 of 13872810/20/12 at 7:01pmOK, this is going to sound nutty, but here goes.
I need a cop uniform for my pug. My pug is a somewhat slim pug at about 25 pounds, but P2P, etc., measurements don't always work well with dogs. Just a shirt will do. I saw a Cub Scout shirt not long ago that would've worked before I realized that my dog needs a uniform. It was gone when I went back. I'll pay good money for right shirt, preferably in khaki, or send along good trade stock. I need to have said shirt in hand prior to Oct. 31, if you know what I mean. Thanks, all.post #50703 of 13872810/20/12 at 7:02pmQuote:
no it's a bdu jacket I wish it was an M65, I bought it off ebay I spend a couple months trolling for one at the right price point it finally paid of it was something like 10 bucks, but you can get them new for like 30-50post #50704 of 13872810/20/12 at 7:02pmpost #50705 of 13872810/20/12 at 7:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by barrelntrigger
Technically, you didn't say it, you wrote it. LOL JKJK What you typed makes sense.
Woa! Whatever happened to the sterotypical messy teenager?
Haha, yes, corrections, if you don't want your stuff go cheap on here but still want to brag, post them along with a big "N/A"!post #50706 of 13872810/20/12 at 7:05pmpost #50707 of 13872810/20/12 at 7:08pmQuote:
Aaah. I had an tigerstripe M65 jacket made by Alpha years ago. Bought it out of a Brigade Quartermasters catalog. Literally wore the thing out. Was so faded you could barely make out the green. Left it somewhere when on a hunting trip and had been on the lookout for another ever since. Recently came upon some NOS Alpha made Tigerstripe jackets on the bay last year. Had tags from 1992. Glad I found another! I collect Vietnam-era stuff military stuff, so Tiger and ERDL camo is on my list.post #50708 of 13872810/20/12 at 7:19pmLearnt is the past perfect form of learned - the proper way to use it would be "I have learnt a new word."
Someone better be bringing me a nepenthe - preferably whiskey - to compensate for hunting through the detritus of my grammar knowledge to pull up that tidbit.
Can we PLEASE save the grammar talk for a grammar forum?post #50709 of 13872810/20/12 at 7:44pmpost #50710 of 13872810/20/12 at 8:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Randy
Initial feedback disappointing to hear. Hans, here are a few more pics, but I realize likely doesn't make a difference. Ah well, for $25, it's an interesting bookshelf piece.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Bummer that it's fake, listed on ebay for $170 or so even being a fake. http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-213.htmlpost #50711 of 13872810/20/12 at 8:02pm
well fuck me running, you really can't leave this thread for more than 24 hours.
great finds guys, terrible discussion, i have dealt with many of you on both the buying and selling end and can't say i have ever had a bad experience, with some exceptional deals both given and received.post #50712 of 13872810/20/12 at 8:04pmThat really sucks Ian. I hope things turn around for you soon.
And that sucks for you too Randy. Nothing like finding out something is a fake. At least you didn't pay good money. My most piss-me-off realization was discovering that the "Revenge of the Jedi" post I had bought was a copy. I figured the dealer I was using would be on the up-and-up, but he didn't even bat an eyelid when I confronted him. He just refused to acknowledge such a thing existed. Taught me a lesson in collecting, though.Quote:
Gah... Hide my keyboard.
As far as posting junk goes, some of us are new and don't realize it's junk. Others, like myself, wouldn't post at all if we limited ourselves to RLPL, Kiton, and the like. A Loro Piana Hickey-Freeman *is* a brag for me at my current level of thrift. It's nice to participate. If I didn't post in this thread, I'd have almost no activity on the forum.post #50713 of 13872810/20/12 at 8:19pm
I came home from a terrible football game (Georgia State University -- enough said) and a symphony concert to more than 90 new posts. I've only read through half, but they are, no doubt, mostly about the "available" debate. Can we stop bringing this up, please?
And for what it's worth, eazye hooked me up with that sweeeeeet Press tweed that he could have made a killing with on ebay. I gave him a bit more because I felt like I was ripping him off with the price he quoted me. Standup dude, that dude.post #50714 of 13872810/20/12 at 8:24pmpost #50715 of 13872810/20/12 at 8:31pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Rule of thumb 8 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 21 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 23 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › Viccel.com socks 24 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...