also I was one generation away from being able to claim being part of the navajo tribe so no scholarship there for me either... ooo lets argue about affirmative action now to because I have middle class entitled pretentious white people problems
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:54 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 10:25 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 11/2/15 at 2:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Last edited: 11/27/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3381
Styleforum Top Picks
I need a cop uniform for my pug. My pug is a somewhat slim pug at about 25 pounds, but P2P, etc., measurements don't always work well with dogs. Just a shirt will do. I saw a Cub Scout shirt not long ago that would've worked before I realized that my dog needs a uniform. It was gone when I went back. I'll pay good money for right shirt, preferably in khaki, or send along good trade stock. I need to have said shirt in hand prior to Oct. 31, if you know what I mean. Thanks, all.
no it's a bdu jacket I wish it was an M65, I bought it off ebay I spend a couple months trolling for one at the right price point it finally paid of it was something like 10 bucks, but you can get them new for like 30-50
Technically, you didn't say it, you wrote it. LOL JKJK What you typed makes sense.
Woa! Whatever happened to the sterotypical messy teenager?
Haha, yes, corrections, if you don't want your stuff go cheap on here but still want to brag, post them along with a big "N/A"!
ha you should see my cd book and vinyl collection they are super messy and strewn across my shelves and floor so I guess the stereotype still stands
Aaah. I had an tigerstripe M65 jacket made by Alpha years ago. Bought it out of a Brigade Quartermasters catalog. Literally wore the thing out. Was so faded you could barely make out the green. Left it somewhere when on a hunting trip and had been on the lookout for another ever since. Recently came upon some NOS Alpha made Tigerstripe jackets on the bay last year. Had tags from 1992. Glad I found another! I collect Vietnam-era stuff military stuff, so Tiger and ERDL camo is on my list.
Someone better be bringing me a nepenthe - preferably whiskey - to compensate for hunting through the detritus of my grammar knowledge to pull up that tidbit.
Can we PLEASE save the grammar talk for a grammar forum?
Initial feedback disappointing to hear. Hans, here are a few more pics, but I realize likely doesn't make a difference. Ah well, for $25, it's an interesting bookshelf piece.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Bummer that it's fake, listed on ebay for $170 or so even being a fake. http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-213.html
well fuck me running, you really can't leave this thread for more than 24 hours.
great finds guys, terrible discussion, i have dealt with many of you on both the buying and selling end and can't say i have ever had a bad experience, with some exceptional deals both given and received.
And that sucks for you too Randy. Nothing like finding out something is a fake. At least you didn't pay good money. My most piss-me-off realization was discovering that the "Revenge of the Jedi" post I had bought was a copy. I figured the dealer I was using would be on the up-and-up, but he didn't even bat an eyelid when I confronted him. He just refused to acknowledge such a thing existed. Taught me a lesson in collecting, though.
Gah... Hide my keyboard.
As far as posting junk goes, some of us are new and don't realize it's junk. Others, like myself, wouldn't post at all if we limited ourselves to RLPL, Kiton, and the like. A Loro Piana Hickey-Freeman *is* a brag for me at my current level of thrift. It's nice to participate. If I didn't post in this thread, I'd have almost no activity on the forum.
I came home from a terrible football game (Georgia State University -- enough said) and a symphony concert to more than 90 new posts. I've only read through half, but they are, no doubt, mostly about the "available" debate. Can we stop bringing this up, please?
And for what it's worth, eazye hooked me up with that sweeeeeet Press tweed that he could have made a killing with on ebay. I gave him a bit more because I felt like I was ripping him off with the price he quoted me. Standup dude, that dude.
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 44 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › The Wide Fitting Shoe Trading Post (EEE / G width) 4 minutes ago
- › MMM GATS in size 42 (Brand New) 5 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 8 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Uber Redox Parka 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories