also I was one generation away from being able to claim being part of the navajo tribe so no scholarship there for me either... ooo lets argue about affirmative action now to because I have middle class entitled pretentious white people problems
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 8:25 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3381post #50701 of 13872810/20/12 at 6:59pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #50702 of 13872810/20/12 at 7:01pmOK, this is going to sound nutty, but here goes.
I need a cop uniform for my pug. My pug is a somewhat slim pug at about 25 pounds, but P2P, etc., measurements don't always work well with dogs. Just a shirt will do. I saw a Cub Scout shirt not long ago that would've worked before I realized that my dog needs a uniform. It was gone when I went back. I'll pay good money for right shirt, preferably in khaki, or send along good trade stock. I need to have said shirt in hand prior to Oct. 31, if you know what I mean. Thanks, all.post #50703 of 13872810/20/12 at 7:02pmQuote:
no it's a bdu jacket I wish it was an M65, I bought it off ebay I spend a couple months trolling for one at the right price point it finally paid of it was something like 10 bucks, but you can get them new for like 30-50post #50704 of 13872810/20/12 at 7:02pmpost #50705 of 13872810/20/12 at 7:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by barrelntrigger
Technically, you didn't say it, you wrote it. LOL JKJK What you typed makes sense.
Woa! Whatever happened to the sterotypical messy teenager?
Haha, yes, corrections, if you don't want your stuff go cheap on here but still want to brag, post them along with a big "N/A"!post #50706 of 13872810/20/12 at 7:05pmpost #50707 of 13872810/20/12 at 7:08pmQuote:
Aaah. I had an tigerstripe M65 jacket made by Alpha years ago. Bought it out of a Brigade Quartermasters catalog. Literally wore the thing out. Was so faded you could barely make out the green. Left it somewhere when on a hunting trip and had been on the lookout for another ever since. Recently came upon some NOS Alpha made Tigerstripe jackets on the bay last year. Had tags from 1992. Glad I found another! I collect Vietnam-era stuff military stuff, so Tiger and ERDL camo is on my list.post #50708 of 13872810/20/12 at 7:19pmLearnt is the past perfect form of learned - the proper way to use it would be "I have learnt a new word."
Someone better be bringing me a nepenthe - preferably whiskey - to compensate for hunting through the detritus of my grammar knowledge to pull up that tidbit.
Can we PLEASE save the grammar talk for a grammar forum?post #50709 of 13872810/20/12 at 7:44pmpost #50710 of 13872810/20/12 at 8:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Randy
Initial feedback disappointing to hear. Hans, here are a few more pics, but I realize likely doesn't make a difference. Ah well, for $25, it's an interesting bookshelf piece.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Bummer that it's fake, listed on ebay for $170 or so even being a fake. http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-213.htmlpost #50711 of 13872810/20/12 at 8:02pm
well fuck me running, you really can't leave this thread for more than 24 hours.
great finds guys, terrible discussion, i have dealt with many of you on both the buying and selling end and can't say i have ever had a bad experience, with some exceptional deals both given and received.post #50712 of 13872810/20/12 at 8:04pmThat really sucks Ian. I hope things turn around for you soon.
And that sucks for you too Randy. Nothing like finding out something is a fake. At least you didn't pay good money. My most piss-me-off realization was discovering that the "Revenge of the Jedi" post I had bought was a copy. I figured the dealer I was using would be on the up-and-up, but he didn't even bat an eyelid when I confronted him. He just refused to acknowledge such a thing existed. Taught me a lesson in collecting, though.Quote:
Gah... Hide my keyboard.
As far as posting junk goes, some of us are new and don't realize it's junk. Others, like myself, wouldn't post at all if we limited ourselves to RLPL, Kiton, and the like. A Loro Piana Hickey-Freeman *is* a brag for me at my current level of thrift. It's nice to participate. If I didn't post in this thread, I'd have almost no activity on the forum.post #50713 of 13872810/20/12 at 8:19pm
I came home from a terrible football game (Georgia State University -- enough said) and a symphony concert to more than 90 new posts. I've only read through half, but they are, no doubt, mostly about the "available" debate. Can we stop bringing this up, please?
And for what it's worth, eazye hooked me up with that sweeeeeet Press tweed that he could have made a killing with on ebay. I gave him a bit more because I felt like I was ripping him off with the price he quoted me. Standup dude, that dude.post #50714 of 13872810/20/12 at 8:24pmpost #50715 of 13872810/20/12 at 8:31pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 22 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 38 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › is this a good suit for wedding? 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...