I'm not sure, but if you're interested, I can measure when I get home....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 12:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 6/27/16 at 10:53pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 6/23/16 at 12:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3354post #50297 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:21ampost #50298 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:28ampost #50299 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:38ampost #50300 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:42ampost #50301 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:42amOn the way home from dinner out, I stopped by one of my regular joints right at closing. I had just been in the day before, and with only a little bit of time, didn't feel like going through every jacket again. I have a hard time remembering every shoe or jacket I see, so I often have to go through them each time. It's a pain when it's a large rack.
So I go through the shoes more thoroughly and then glance over the suits. There are some gaps, with a jacket or two kind of sticking out. It's easy enough to do a quick flip to check the label on those, so I check a couple of them. First one is junk, but second one is Canali Milano: my first Italian. It's a nice brown herringbone tweed in 54L—most definitely EU sizing (converts to 42.5 US). My brother is a 42L, so I have to check with him to see if he wants it, but if not, it will be available.
I have to work on my car, so no pics until later.
It also reminded me that I actually did find a cloth item on my grail list a little while ago: an Oxxford SC that is a little big on me. It was my first high-end find, so the temptation to make it fit was really high. I had the waist and below the collar worked on, even though the shoulders are a little big.post #50302 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:44amQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
Interesting...History of the Rubber Heel
I SWEAR I didn't just take this from the PTO site today. They must have gotten it from me....or else it's a huge coincidence.post #50303 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:44amQuote:
Not sure what your concern or question is. Searching, finding, acquiring items to resale is only a single part of the greater challenge. Selling, marketing, and developing a larger distribution system is actually perhaps a more difficult part.post #50304 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:44amQuote:
Actual measurements are larger than stated numbers by about 2" to 4". Older ones seem to be closer to the 4". A 40R would have about a 21"-22" PTP.post #50305 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:46ampost #50306 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:53ampost #50307 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:54ampost #50308 of 13872810/18/12 at 11:58ampost #50309 of 13872810/18/12 at 12:09pmpost #50310 of 13872810/18/12 at 12:16pmAbout a week ago, I enacted a self-imposed SF ban until I got all the stuff from my haul measured and photographed. Luckily, that left me with 500 posts to read. Including the infamous 50K (nice one, Mex! Laughed my ass off) and DM7's not quite store announcement.
Either way, I'm back in action and should be PMing you all within a day or so. Git it gone so I can go back to thrifting!
A co-worker has just had the temerity to dare me that I cannot Bagger Vance it up on our next golfing trip.Challenge.Accepted.
So if any of you mofos comes across some knickers (36ish waist), knee socks and funny woolen golf-y hat, git at meh. And bowties. I'll need a bowtie.
Edited by GMMcL - 10/18/12 at 12:27pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 11 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 13 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding