I'm not sure, but if you're interested, I can measure when I get home....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 3:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3354post #50297 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:21ampost #50298 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:28ampost #50299 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:38ampost #50300 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:42ampost #50301 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:42amOn the way home from dinner out, I stopped by one of my regular joints right at closing. I had just been in the day before, and with only a little bit of time, didn't feel like going through every jacket again. I have a hard time remembering every shoe or jacket I see, so I often have to go through them each time. It's a pain when it's a large rack.
So I go through the shoes more thoroughly and then glance over the suits. There are some gaps, with a jacket or two kind of sticking out. It's easy enough to do a quick flip to check the label on those, so I check a couple of them. First one is junk, but second one is Canali Milano: my first Italian. It's a nice brown herringbone tweed in 54L—most definitely EU sizing (converts to 42.5 US). My brother is a 42L, so I have to check with him to see if he wants it, but if not, it will be available.
I have to work on my car, so no pics until later.
It also reminded me that I actually did find a cloth item on my grail list a little while ago: an Oxxford SC that is a little big on me. It was my first high-end find, so the temptation to make it fit was really high. I had the waist and below the collar worked on, even though the shoulders are a little big.post #50302 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:44amQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
Interesting...History of the Rubber Heel
I SWEAR I didn't just take this from the PTO site today. They must have gotten it from me....or else it's a huge coincidence.post #50303 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:44amQuote:
Not sure what your concern or question is. Searching, finding, acquiring items to resale is only a single part of the greater challenge. Selling, marketing, and developing a larger distribution system is actually perhaps a more difficult part.post #50304 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:44amQuote:
Actual measurements are larger than stated numbers by about 2" to 4". Older ones seem to be closer to the 4". A 40R would have about a 21"-22" PTP.post #50305 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:46ampost #50306 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:53ampost #50307 of 13872810/18/12 at 10:54ampost #50308 of 13872810/18/12 at 11:58ampost #50309 of 13872810/18/12 at 12:09pmpost #50310 of 13872810/18/12 at 12:16pmAbout a week ago, I enacted a self-imposed SF ban until I got all the stuff from my haul measured and photographed. Luckily, that left me with 500 posts to read. Including the infamous 50K (nice one, Mex! Laughed my ass off) and DM7's not quite store announcement.
Either way, I'm back in action and should be PMing you all within a day or so. Git it gone so I can go back to thrifting!
A co-worker has just had the temerity to dare me that I cannot Bagger Vance it up on our next golfing trip.Challenge.Accepted.
So if any of you mofos comes across some knickers (36ish waist), knee socks and funny woolen golf-y hat, git at meh. And bowties. I'll need a bowtie.
Edited by GMMcL - 10/18/12 at 12:27pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › THE EUROPEAN THRIFT BUY /SELL / TRADE / WANT THREAD 5 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway