or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3352

post #50266 of 125164
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Your amount of knowledge in the shoe department never ceases to amaze me. teacha.gif

That toe pattern looks so familiar. Am I crazy or is this a match?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
C345797E-606C-4B3F-B83A-1B3B0FD08BFD-7743-000006ED6BE0D7A9.jpg
post #50267 of 125164
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

wrong thread, also if you have found anything Isaia and haven't made money, you are doing something wrong

I sold the Isaia for roughly 16x what I paid for it - I think you're missing the fact that my gross costs include items that have not sold yet. If I were to subtract the cost of items that have not sold yet, that would put me at a profit of $379, but that's not how I prefer to look at my financials.
post #50268 of 125164
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post


That toe pattern looks so familiar. Am I crazy or is this a match?

 

 

Close, but there are several subtle differences. Single/double stitching, brogue pattern, etc

post #50269 of 125164
British Walkers has an s in the end, so does Sears. Walkovers? has an S
post #50270 of 125164
Based on the font size and placement, I'm thinking the word is a shorter one. Sears possibly, but I think it ends in G-S so I'm gonna say KING'S or something like that. Probably a store name.

Edit: If it is King's, maybe this one that was in Frederick, MD. Font is similar.

Wes, what makes have you seen use the O'Sullivan heel besides Mason?
post #50271 of 125164

The O'Sullivan is pretty commonly used in resoling too, though, and these are definitely old. 

post #50272 of 125164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

Based on the font size and placement, I'm thinking the word is a shorter one. Sears possibly, but I think it ends in G-S so I'm gonna say KING'S or something like that. Probably a store name.
Wes, what makes have you seen use the O'Sullivan heel besides Mason?

A few others, but typically they weren't original to the shoe.

 

O' Sullivan offered heel and sole replacement pieces.

 

Lovin' his socks!

post #50273 of 125164

A mystery!

 

Nothing to add, though ... but I did just pass my background/reference check for that other job (glad they didn't find out about that time I killed a guy for his shoes). I started moving my office into the spare bedroom last night. It'll be nice!

 

 

Oh, and to revive an old discussion ....

 

 

 

Is that ee-ss-ee-aaa?

post #50274 of 125164

Interesting...History of the Rubber Heel

 

http://osul.com/about-us/history.html

post #50275 of 125164
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post


I sold the Isaia for roughly 16x what I paid for it - I think you're missing the fact that my gross costs include items that have not sold yet. If I were to subtract the cost of items that have not sold yet, that would put me at a profit of $379, but that's not how I prefer to look at my financials.

 

Is that how Ernst & Young advised you to prepare your financials?

 

You may want to generate some pro-forma statements to include what you expect to sell your inventory for.  Also can i get a look at your depreciation numbers on your digital camera and tape measuring devices? 

post #50276 of 125164
Quite the mystery! I'll add my thoughts. Based on the size of the "S," I would guess that there were only 4-5 letters in the name. King's fits into that category.
post #50277 of 125164
No finds of any sort but something that I found humorous the other day.

I was flipping through the sportcoat rack and happened across a Harris Tweed that I found interesting (prior to my deal with Wes) and I took off my coat to try it on right there. As I was slipping my coat off of my left shoulder, I noticed a red plastic tag sticking out from the shoulder hem of my shirt. shog[1].gif



I quickly put my coat back on and decided that I was done for the day. lol8[1].gif
post #50278 of 125164
TOPS? Asheville, NC shoe store.
post #50279 of 125164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

No finds of any sort but something that I found humorous the other day.
I was flipping through the sportcoat rack and happened across a Harris Tweed that I found interesting (prior to my deal with Wes) and I took off my coat to try it on right there. As I was slipping my coat off of my left shoulder, I noticed a red plastic tag sticking out from the shoulder hem of my shirt. shog[1].gif

I quickly put my coat back on and decided that I was done for the day. lol8[1].gif

 

I thought you were going to say that when you took your coat off someone tried to vulture it. Happens to me all the time. Still tying to figure out if it's thrift culture or NYC culture. Probably both.

post #50280 of 125164
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeep2001 View Post


Hahahaha, this made my day. happy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post

That toe pattern looks so familiar. Am I crazy or is this a match? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
C345797E-606C-4B3F-B83A-1B3B0FD08BFD-7743-000006ED6BE0D7A9.jpg

Close but no cigar.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread