Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3333post #49981 of 13872810/16/12 at 2:18pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #49982 of 13872810/16/12 at 2:56pm
Ok, so this was definitely not bought at normal thrift prices, but was an exceptionally good deal I couldn't pass up. As many of you know, before I got into this menswear bit, I used to deal in collectibles. Mainly vintage cameras. This was on the top of my list of cameras to find, but until yesterday I had never even laid eyes on one in person. This was in an antique mall, in the booth where I usually find bulk bags of cufflinks. I never looked in the glass case above the cufflinks so I have no idea how long this was sitting there.post #49983 of 13872810/16/12 at 3:01pmQuote:
Ooooh.... shiny!post #49984 of 13872810/16/12 at 3:05pmpost #49985 of 13872810/16/12 at 3:08pmpost #49986 of 13872810/16/12 at 3:10pm
Definitely a part of the look. The sleeve lining goes through most of the cuff. If not for the 26" sleeves, it would fit me well, though it's probably more of a slim 38.Quote:Quote:post #49987 of 13872810/16/12 at 3:11pm
Wow, unbelievable. I presume it's in perfect working condition?Quote:Originally Posted by capnwes
Ok, so this was definitely not bought at normal thrift prices, but was an exceptionally good deal I couldn't pass up. As many of you know, before I got into this menswear bit, I used to deal in collectibles. Mainly vintage cameras. This was on the top of my list of cameras to find, but until yesterday I had never even laid eyes on one in person. This was in an antique mall, in the booth where I usually find bulk bags of cufflinks. I never looked in the glass case above the cufflinks so I have no idea how long this was sitting there.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #49988 of 13872810/16/12 at 3:11pm
Speaking of, saw this today...
Hmmm....post #49989 of 13872810/16/12 at 3:16pmpost #49990 of 13872810/16/12 at 3:18pmQuote:
Thanks, my heart was beating so hard as I took it out of the cabinet.Quote:
It all tested out pretty good with my rudimentary camera knowledge (and pointers from Evil Abed), but could still use a servicing. Who knows when the last time was...if ever. The L-seal is still intact, so it has either never been opened up, or only by a Leica tech. Probably the former. They should be serviced about every 10 years minimum.post #49991 of 13872810/16/12 at 3:19pmpost #49992 of 13872810/16/12 at 3:21pmpost #49993 of 13872810/16/12 at 3:26pmpost #49994 of 13872810/16/12 at 3:29pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Can't mirror shine after using saphir renomat 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 13 minutes ago
- › ***The Not Even Slightly Official SW+D Booze and Cocktail Thread*** 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 24 minutes ago
- › Rubber soled shoes 25 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 25 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?