Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3322post #49816 of 13872810/15/12 at 9:48am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #49817 of 13872810/15/12 at 10:03ampost #49818 of 13872810/15/12 at 10:04amQuote:
This is just the sales from my sport coats since October 1st.This is SC sales for the last 90 days..... with a 5 week break in September.This is just my Hobby, which I do in addition to my regular full time job. Granted...it's a big fucking hobby and a lot of hard work.
This message will be deleted in 24 hours to minimize lurker thrift waves
Edited by capnwes - 10/15/12 at 4:08pmpost #49819 of 13872810/15/12 at 10:26ampost #49820 of 13872810/15/12 at 10:42ampost #49821 of 13872810/15/12 at 10:44ampost #49822 of 13872810/15/12 at 10:58amQuote:you sir are the man! The only other lb sartoriale I found had no cell phone pocket. the buttons will never be functional,, but we've got some attolini on our hands boys! Actual fabric content looks hand written which can't be bad. Pic soonOriginally Posted by steveoly
A little late but odds are its Attolini or Partenopea. It looks fairly modern. Any chance there is a small tag hiding in the cell phone pocket? Also what do the sleeve button holes look like? Are they faux stitched but stitched all the way through to the inside of the sleeve (like you could cut them and make them functional?)post #49823 of 13872810/15/12 at 10:59ampost #49824 of 13872810/15/12 at 11:08amQuote:
But now you get to go thrift a car door from the wrecker's.post #49825 of 13872810/15/12 at 11:17ampost #49826 of 13872810/15/12 at 11:20amQuote:
If you combine the hours you spend, effort you put in, including light boxes etc, That comes to like 20 bucks per hour. No lawyers will leave their jobs
Delete that damn post please. Competition with already existing purveyors of vintage fine men's clothing is bad enough.
(Couldn't call a pal flipper )
On unrelated news found a 50ies-60ies vintage USA made shearling coat. A beaut. From Gloucester, Mass and called a Mighty Mac.post #49827 of 13872810/15/12 at 11:25amQuote:
I dunno... From hearing Wes's routes to knowing how long it takes to photograph, measure, list, answer questions, box, ship, etc. I bet he's putting in 40+ hours a week on his hobby. Me? I'm much lazier than that.post #49828 of 13872810/15/12 at 11:31am
Interesting ads from '55 and '60 for the Copeg by Scholl shoes I found this weekend if you're interested. Made by Dr. Scholl's:
http://books.google.com/books?id=elYEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA148&lpg=PA148&dq=copeg+by+scholl&source=bl&ots=7OGTt-v6zz&sig=JiqcDFgp6uGNl-KgGTvYvnbT5Kk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=hFJ8UOP6MuP40gH96IGoDA&ved=0CF8Q6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=copeg%20by%20scholl&f=falsepost #49829 of 13872810/15/12 at 11:39amQuote:
Bingo! I probably average 50 hours a week outside of the time I screw around here while at work. Plus I travel about 450-500 miles per week visiting thrift stores in the area. Motivated entirely by the high interest rates on my student loans. I intend to pay off the remaining 18 years worth of payments in the next 12-16 months.post #49830 of 13872810/15/12 at 11:49amQuote:
I had this coat in college. If memory serves me correctly, you can fit two cans of beer in each side pocket. This was a must wear for outdoor parties.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › APC New Standard size 30 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › BNWT Story et Fall Grey Suede Side Zips, 43 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?