or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3303

post #49531 of 119115
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHo View Post

calling you little guys...
coolest T-shirt I've ever seen. Small Vintage Fit Tommy Bahama "Beer Run" T. Not thrift prices, but decently priced at Marshalls.
Available for a "nice" thrifted tie or shirt.
 

 

 

Priceless.

post #49532 of 119115
With winter on the way I'm searching for a cardigan. I found this on ebay and it's killing me that it's way too big for me.
It's a WIllis & Geiger shawl collar cardigan but with a lining. Maybe that makes it a jacket now? P2P it's 26"! At that size I could wear a tweed under it.
Anyway, maybe someone here's interested. (I have no affiliation with the seller).

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/330808857930?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_2721wt_1165

post #49533 of 119115
Both a brag and a status report.

Today scored my first-ever Corneliani, a pair of trousers. Also a wool coat by Mackintosh (made in USA, straight from New England) and two what appear to be never tied tartan ties by Edinburgh Woolen Mills of Scotland, one in Royal Stewart, the other a blue pattern I have not before encountered. Out the door for less than $10.

Could take photos, but not the point--most of us see this sort of thing on a fairly regular basis. It is noteworthy because today was the grand opening of the new GW boutique shop, right next door to a regular mainline store where I made these finds. Prices at the boutique start at $9.99. They had nada, unless you like stuff from JAB or American Eagle or Lauren.

I had been worried that the boutique spelled the end of bargains from GW, which has always had fixed pricing at $3 per shirt, $5 per sport coat, $7 for suits, $3 for shoes and $6 or $8 for outer coats, depending on length. My worries multiplied because the impending opening coincided with a long dry spell. Turns out the dry spell and the opening of the boutique was, apparently, mere coincidence.
post #49534 of 119115
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post


+1 if you have the funds and inclination to do so, buy it and maybe someone here who's a 44R will trade you something in your size for it, or work out a similar deal. It can be much easier to find things in your size when you've got a cross-continent network out there searching. 

+1000000000000, I rarely if ever find stuff in my size, by far, the nicest pieces in my closet have come from trades with other members on this forum. That and using ebay money for the really tough to find items, like wingtip boots. shog[1].gif Also, in some cases, world-wide. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #49535 of 119115
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post

With winter on the way I'm searching for a cardigan. I found this on ebay and it's killing me that it's way too big for me.
It's a WIllis & Geiger shawl collar cardigan but with a lining. Maybe that makes it a jacket now? P2P it's 26"! At that size I could wear a tweed under it.
Anyway, maybe someone here's interested. (I have no affiliation with the seller).
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/330808857930?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_2721wt_1165

Why are you blowing up my spot, yo? 

 

lol8[1].gif

post #49536 of 119115

That is amazing...and is going to sell for an obscene amount.  confused.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post

With winter on the way I'm searching for a cardigan. I found this on ebay and it's killing me that it's way too big for me.
It's a WIllis & Geiger shawl collar cardigan but with a lining. Maybe that makes it a jacket now? P2P it's 26"! At that size I could wear a tweed under it.
Anyway, maybe someone here's interested. (I have no affiliation with the seller).
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/330808857930?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_2721wt_1165
post #49537 of 119115

really? why ? It looks huge, and I've never heard of the brand..

post #49538 of 119115
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

Both a brag and a status report.
Today scored my first-ever Corneliani, a pair of trousers. Also a wool coat by Mackintosh (made in USA, straight from New England) and two what appear to be never tied tartan ties by Edinburgh Woolen Mills of Scotland, one in Royal Stewart, the other a blue pattern I have not before encountered. Out the door for less than $10.
Could take photos, but not the point--most of us see this sort of thing on a fairly regular basis. It is noteworthy because today was the grand opening of the new GW boutique shop, right next door to a regular mainline store where I made these finds. Prices at the boutique start at $9.99. They had nada, unless you like stuff from JAB or American Eagle or Lauren.
I had been worried that the boutique spelled the end of bargains from GW, which has always had fixed pricing at $3 per shirt, $5 per sport coat, $7 for suits, $3 for shoes and $6 or $8 for outer coats, depending on length. My worries multiplied because the impending opening coincided with a long dry spell. Turns out the dry spell and the opening of the boutique was, apparently, mere coincidence.

One of the boutiques here have a women's MacKintosh trench for 34.99. No half off for boutique items. it seems you got yours for a few bucks. So cherish.
post #49539 of 119115
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post

With winter on the way I'm searching for a cardigan. I found this on ebay and it's killing me that it's way too big for me.
It's a WIllis & Geiger shawl collar cardigan but with a lining. Maybe that makes it a jacket now? P2P it's 26"! At that size I could wear a tweed under it.
Anyway, maybe someone here's interested. (I have no affiliation with the seller).
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/330808857930?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_2721wt_1165

Here's the link to the ebay us auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Willis-Geiger-Shawl-Collar-Nep-Yarn-Wool-Cardigan-Sweater-Coat-Jacket-Brown-L-/330808857930?pt=US_CSA_MC_Sweaters&hash=item4d05be954a

That thing is going to go for serious money, btw. W&G anything is like crack, and that's an awesome and relatively rare item from W&G.

It's about my size, too... :cries:
post #49540 of 119115
Swung back to the goodwill to pick up the Hermes and Brioni I left behind yesterday. Happened upon another Hermes I must have not noticed, currently unavailable


Then found these, brand new for sure, size 10, better pictures to follow, pm me if you're interested...
post #49541 of 119115
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post

One of the boutiques here have a women's MacKintosh trench for 34.99. No half off for boutique items. it seems you got yours for a few bucks. So cherish.

If you're looking for one, I have a MacKintosh trench (the made in Scotland kind) in my bag of stuff to save for cold weather... I think it was an L, but it's been months since I looked.
post #49542 of 119115
Quote:
Originally Posted by private eyes View Post

really? why ? It looks huge, and I've never heard of the brand..

 

W&G is a defunct brand that made top-end outfitter gear. Their bush poplin safari jackets sell for $200+ on eBay easily and even the shirts sell for $50+. 

post #49543 of 119115
So many good finds lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

What size are the LB donegal? Why pass on the RLPL cords?

About a 34 waist, 33 or 34 inseam. I'll post some pics and measurements later. The Purple Label cords were older and pleated.
post #49544 of 119115
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

Both a brag and a status report.
Today scored my first-ever Corneliani, a pair of trousers. Also a wool coat by Mackintosh (made in USA, straight from New England) and two what appear to be never tied tartan ties by Edinburgh Woolen Mills of Scotland, one in Royal Stewart, the other a blue pattern I have not before encountered. Out the door for less than $10.
Could take photos, but not the point--most of us see this sort of thing on a fairly regular basis. It is noteworthy because today was the grand opening of the new GW boutique shop, right next door to a regular mainline store where I made these finds. Prices at the boutique start at $9.99. They had nada, unless you like stuff from JAB or American Eagle or Lauren.
I had been worried that the boutique spelled the end of bargains from GW, which has always had fixed pricing at $3 per shirt, $5 per sport coat, $7 for suits, $3 for shoes and $6 or $8 for outer coats, depending on length. My worries multiplied because the impending opening coincided with a long dry spell. Turns out the dry spell and the opening of the boutique was, apparently, mere coincidence.

There are a couple of goodwills in my area that are charging $75 for Stafford suits. Ridiculous. You can still find good deals on ties, or really high end stuff that they've never heard of, although nothing is cheap. Doesn't matter what brand it is, you aren't getting a SC for anywhere near $10.
post #49545 of 119115
Hey, dudes. So, after a business trip to Cali, I'm starting to dig out from under my haul. And based on an awesome tip from Klobber, I hit a spot out in the Bay area and came back with:
RLPL linen trou (reverse orphans), black chalk stripe, 2x pleats, 34 x 30ish
RPL USA made glenplaid tweed, cotton/cashmere blend, dual vent + ticket pocket, fairly recent, 46ish L
John W Nordstrom 100% Loro Piana cashmere windowpane SC, 44L
HF brown birdseye suit, dual vent and flat front, 42L
Italo Ferretti blue stripe tie

I intended to keep all of these, but the only one I can even barely pull off is the HF, and even that's a bit long. So these are available.

Oh, and here's a pic of what I'm up against. (The zip storage behind the haul is other inventory or seasonal stuff of my own) I'm going to start measuring this stuff today.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread