or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3297

post #49441 of 114826

I think I'm gonna print this page out and frame it.  Jesus.  Thrift stores, y'all.

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

 

Hi Andro, you think they are worth it even when they are in that super large size? They were like at least a size 60 and super outdated with super super low low button stance.

 

Uhh...they're all from the aughts and if you measure them, they might end up fitting at least one member on this forum.

post #49442 of 114826
Found a nice amount of Burberry polos, long sleeve button down, all stained heavily with deodorant... I didn't notice until I got to the register, there was no way I was getting those stains out. Bad move or good pass? Has anyone gotten those stains out? It looked Like bleach
post #49443 of 114826
Jesus, Lobbs? Hermes lambskin coats? Outstanding fellas!!!! Funds are short this week, so I'ma have so watch from the sidelines. cloud.gif
post #49444 of 114826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomore View Post

Found a nice amount of Burberry polos, long sleeve button down, all stained heavily with deodorant... I didn't notice until I got to the register, there was no way I was getting those stains out. Bad move or good pass? Has anyone gotten those stains out? It looked Like bleach

Oxy Clean will get damn near anything out - but if they're old stains in the pits, I wouldn't risk it. Having said that, ppl love those things. One of mine has 22 watchers.
post #49445 of 114826

Ahh, I glossed over the large size.  The button stance is really that low, even though it's dated 2002??  Hmm.  It's your call, but I think I'd probably still grab at least the suit.  Assuming that's a European size 60 (50 US...if not, then clearly this belonged to Andre the Giant, not any of the mere mortals in your picture), it may take awhile to move, but it's too good to pass up.

 

Also, the blue orphan jacket sounds like it was a suit at some point in the store and the pants just got separated, since it was priced at $45 while the birdseye was only $6.  If you decide to get the Poole tux, I'd probably check over the store for the pants to complete the blue suit.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

 

Hi Andro, you think they are worth it even when they are in that super large size? They were like at least a size 60 and super outdated with super super low low button stance.

 

I did a google on the name and am pretty sure these suits once belonged to the big guy in these photos.

 

 

post #49446 of 114826
Wow! This thread is on fire lately. Hermes Lambskin overcoats, people passing up recent Henry Poole but finding recent Charvet pocket squares inside, Dark Matter renting U-Hauls for his finds and John Lobbs?!?! Insane!

Paid up a bit for my finds, but still way cheaper than in the US or on Self Edge.



Warning: Deets (Click to show)














post #49447 of 114826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

Wow! This thread is on fire lately. Hermes Lambskin overcoats, people passing up recent Henry Poole but finding recent Charvet pocket squares inside, Dark Matter renting U-Hauls for his finds and John Lobbs?!?! Insane!
Paid up a bit for my finds, but still way cheaper than in the US or on Self Edge.
Warning: Deets (Click to show)








Where are you finding these things!? I can't find anything around here lol

post #49448 of 114826

Go this guy yesterday. SZ M so too small fo' me. available Also found some sweet Rag and Bone pants in my size smile.gif And a RG for da Bay.

 

post #49449 of 114826
Could have beens from last night...
1. A beautiful Pringle in cream/pastel argyle, but with a hole in the elbow.
2. A weird electric trouser press/steamer. Mfg tag on it seemed to indicate that it was made for Arrow retail stores. The hinge for the press panel was busted beyond repair. Should have grabbed a picture to add to the knowledge base going on here.
post #49450 of 114826

I cant make the insole numbers out on the Florsheim Royal Imperial tassel loafers, but do the rolls in the leather and the lack of fine creases say shell to the experts here?

 

 

post #49451 of 114826

Amazing finds lately guys. Love to see the thread back on track.

 

First rainy day in LA thrift fit:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Shirt: BB OCBD (thrifted)

Sweater: Pringle (thrifted)

Pants: Land Ends (thrifted)

Socks: Pantharella (STP)

Shoes: AE Byron (thrifted)

 

post #49452 of 114826
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes View Post


Lol. I get that all the time
post #49453 of 114826

Three buttons, double vent, one button on each sleeve. It killed me that the Harris Tweed I now have on ebay didn't fit, but this is the same general color, so I'm sort of content. I'll try to turn this into a 3-2.

 

 

 

 

The only tag indicated it was from here: https://vault2.secured-url.com/bellsofdunoon/

 

Seems a bit sketchy, but it's nice, it fits, and it was $4.55 with tax.

post #49454 of 114826
Possibly. They fit me but I'm not sure if I want them yet, but I'll decide by the end of the day.
post #49455 of 114826
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

I cant make the insole numbers out on the Florsheim Royal Imperial tassel loafers, but do the rolls in the leather and the lack of fine creases say shell to the experts here? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Yes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread