I want to give a big shout-out to Patrologia - just got some great Florsheim shell gunboats in the mail. Fast shipping and I can't wait to wear them!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3295post #49411 of 13872810/10/12 at 7:56pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #49412 of 13872810/10/12 at 8:29pmpost #49413 of 13872810/10/12 at 8:55pm
It's been a while since I've had what I can confidently call a haul. Which is why tonight was so awesome. What's more, almost all of this came from one place, about 20 minutes before the store closed for the night. I saw a pretty well dressed guy flipping through the suits with a few already in his hands, so I hopped to it. Here's what I came up with...
Perfect for fall Samuelsohn wool/cashmere sport coat. N/A
What's that, you say? You like the checks, but you're a 36R? Here's a Nervesa tweed-y sport coat, AVAILABLE.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
P2P - 19.75
Shoulder - 18
Sleeve - 23.5
Length - 29.5
Don't know much about Nervesa, other than that it's fully canvassed, made in Italy and included in PTO's thrifting brands guide.
(That's a burned retina, and I submit it should be a Grendel signal)
I remember Grendel saying something about wanting a fall checked sport coat. Maybe this one will work?
Rinaldo Raspini made by Corneliani, fully canvassed, 54R, AVAILABLE.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
P2P - 23
Sleeve - 25
Shoulder - 20
Length - 31.5
What's this? Super soft? Made for a man much more *ahem* full-figured than I? Must be an Oxxford MTM, approximately 44-46R, AVAILALBE.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wait a minute. Oxxford?! In Canada?
Now back to the show. Baldessarini charcoal Super 150s suit. N/A pending a verdict from my tailor
It's raining Baldessarini here. This one is about a 40R. Probably going to the 'bay, unless someone here has a 40-42L suit of similar quality they want to trade.
Both of these are post-Hugo Boss (there was one other with 'Hugo Boss' on the label... it was marked up to $100, go figure). The tag is an older Caruso one, right? Or something else?
And lastly, not thrifted, but eBayed for well below average eBay cost, a Comme Des Garcons SHIRT with a zipper front. Love it. N/A
Oh, and that other well-dressed guy? Didn't see any suits with him when he was at the cash... but I did find three Zara suits left on the changeroom rack, all marked up to $70. Had to restrain myself from saying to him, "Good pass."post #49414 of 13872810/10/12 at 8:56pmpost #49415 of 13872810/10/12 at 8:56pmpost #49416 of 13872810/10/12 at 8:58pmpost #49417 of 13872810/10/12 at 8:59pmpost #49418 of 13872810/10/12 at 9:01pmpost #49419 of 13872810/10/12 at 9:02pm
BIG shout outs to troika for hooking me up with a sick wit-it Brioni SC and a Bur shirt! Sorry, no pics. Too lazy...He's a super nice guy. If you get the chance to hang out with him, do it for your own good!
Interesting a days. Picked up a Brioni SC with MOP and working cuffs but unvented! Sorry, no pics. Too lazy...
Ran into 3 Henry Poole uhhhh, over coats? NOPE! They were size at least 60!!! 2 orphans plus 1 tux. All 3 got all the bells and whistles. The birdseye orphan was only $6. Tux was $45. The blue orphan was $45. It was also a 1/2 off day. Decided to pass...This was the 3rd time I've ran into stuff from the Rows.
I was very disappointed...That is until I peaked into the breast pocket and found this!Hmmm, what's this? (Click to show)
I was happy again! Also, I left with this.
Shout outs to JP for convincing me going back to pick up another SC that was tailored from the Row.
Hogg Sons & J B Johnstone with Rop-a-dope shoulders, working cuffs, and it's my size but needs some tailoring.post #49420 of 13872810/10/12 at 9:04pmToday and Monday:
Three pairs of pants, from left to right; Zanella (double-pleated, size 34), Zegna (size 34), Brooks Brothers NWT (size 32)
The BB pants are what I'm most excited about this week, because they're NWT but the tags look like they're from the 80s or so.
Labels for the other pants: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ties: Paul Smith, BB, BB (BB are again NWT, but factory store tags)
AE Burton, 12D
Zegna quarter-zip polo, medium
Label shot: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #49421 of 13872810/10/12 at 9:07pmpost #49422 of 13872810/10/12 at 9:10pmpost #49423 of 13872810/10/12 at 9:11pmpost #49424 of 13872810/10/12 at 9:17pmpost #49425 of 13872810/10/12 at 9:17pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 21 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 38 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...