I want to give a big shout-out to Patrologia - just got some great Florsheim shell gunboats in the mail. Fast shipping and I can't wait to wear them!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 12:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 4/30/16 at 11:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3295post #49411 of 13872810/10/12 at 7:56pmpost #49412 of 13872810/10/12 at 8:29pmpost #49413 of 13872810/10/12 at 8:55pm
It's been a while since I've had what I can confidently call a haul. Which is why tonight was so awesome. What's more, almost all of this came from one place, about 20 minutes before the store closed for the night. I saw a pretty well dressed guy flipping through the suits with a few already in his hands, so I hopped to it. Here's what I came up with...
Perfect for fall Samuelsohn wool/cashmere sport coat. N/A
What's that, you say? You like the checks, but you're a 36R? Here's a Nervesa tweed-y sport coat, AVAILABLE.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
P2P - 19.75
Shoulder - 18
Sleeve - 23.5
Length - 29.5
Don't know much about Nervesa, other than that it's fully canvassed, made in Italy and included in PTO's thrifting brands guide.
(That's a burned retina, and I submit it should be a Grendel signal)
I remember Grendel saying something about wanting a fall checked sport coat. Maybe this one will work?
Rinaldo Raspini made by Corneliani, fully canvassed, 54R, AVAILABLE.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
P2P - 23
Sleeve - 25
Shoulder - 20
Length - 31.5
What's this? Super soft? Made for a man much more *ahem* full-figured than I? Must be an Oxxford MTM, approximately 44-46R, AVAILALBE.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wait a minute. Oxxford?! In Canada?
Now back to the show. Baldessarini charcoal Super 150s suit. N/A pending a verdict from my tailor
It's raining Baldessarini here. This one is about a 40R. Probably going to the 'bay, unless someone here has a 40-42L suit of similar quality they want to trade.
Both of these are post-Hugo Boss (there was one other with 'Hugo Boss' on the label... it was marked up to $100, go figure). The tag is an older Caruso one, right? Or something else?
And lastly, not thrifted, but eBayed for well below average eBay cost, a Comme Des Garcons SHIRT with a zipper front. Love it. N/A
Oh, and that other well-dressed guy? Didn't see any suits with him when he was at the cash... but I did find three Zara suits left on the changeroom rack, all marked up to $70. Had to restrain myself from saying to him, "Good pass."post #49414 of 13872810/10/12 at 8:56pmpost #49415 of 13872810/10/12 at 8:56pmpost #49416 of 13872810/10/12 at 8:58pmpost #49417 of 13872810/10/12 at 8:59pmpost #49418 of 13872810/10/12 at 9:01pmpost #49419 of 13872810/10/12 at 9:02pm
BIG shout outs to troika for hooking me up with a sick wit-it Brioni SC and a Bur shirt! Sorry, no pics. Too lazy...He's a super nice guy. If you get the chance to hang out with him, do it for your own good!
Interesting a days. Picked up a Brioni SC with MOP and working cuffs but unvented! Sorry, no pics. Too lazy...
Ran into 3 Henry Poole uhhhh, over coats? NOPE! They were size at least 60!!! 2 orphans plus 1 tux. All 3 got all the bells and whistles. The birdseye orphan was only $6. Tux was $45. The blue orphan was $45. It was also a 1/2 off day. Decided to pass...This was the 3rd time I've ran into stuff from the Rows.
I was very disappointed...That is until I peaked into the breast pocket and found this!Hmmm, what's this? (Click to show)
I was happy again! Also, I left with this.
Shout outs to JP for convincing me going back to pick up another SC that was tailored from the Row.
Hogg Sons & J B Johnstone with Rop-a-dope shoulders, working cuffs, and it's my size but needs some tailoring.post #49420 of 13872810/10/12 at 9:04pmToday and Monday:
Three pairs of pants, from left to right; Zanella (double-pleated, size 34), Zegna (size 34), Brooks Brothers NWT (size 32)
The BB pants are what I'm most excited about this week, because they're NWT but the tags look like they're from the 80s or so.
Labels for the other pants: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ties: Paul Smith, BB, BB (BB are again NWT, but factory store tags)
AE Burton, 12D
Zegna quarter-zip polo, medium
Label shot: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #49421 of 13872810/10/12 at 9:07pmpost #49422 of 13872810/10/12 at 9:10pmpost #49423 of 13872810/10/12 at 9:11pmpost #49424 of 13872810/10/12 at 9:17pmpost #49425 of 13872810/10/12 at 9:17pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Quoddy Grizzly Boot 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › ACE HOTEL X ALPHA INDUSTRIES Fishtail Parka 4 minutes ago
- › APOLIS 100% Wool Indigo Chore Coat 5 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 10 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Obama Nostalgia Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts