Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:09 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 10:53 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 6/23/16 at 12:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3272post #49066 of 13872810/6/12 at 12:18pmpost #49067 of 13872810/6/12 at 12:18pm
Did any of you purchase this?post #49068 of 13872810/6/12 at 12:23pmQuote:
+1. I gotta get my post in so it doesn't get completely blown outta the water.
All the good fortune in this thread made me decide to go out again to the one place I'd found anything so far (very nice RLPL grey pants). And I had luck! Finally something I'd come close to calling a 'haul'.
First, not really thrifted, but my dad gave me this Charvet tie he doesn't wear anymore that his cat had... had a "reversal of fortune" on (to use Major League Eating lingo). Got it back from the dry cleaners today, looks like new. So in my book it cost me the dry cleaning costs, essentially thrift prices. Not available, since it was a gift.
Charvet Label (Click to show)
Then three ties, PRL, RLPL, and HF. I was a bit uncertain on whether to pick up the HF, what's the general wisdom of all you thrifting veterans? I did a quick read on my phone of some SF threads about them and went looking for completed eBay auctions, the consensus seems to be that they're at least decent quality yeah? I didn't have a brown tie anyways, so worst case I keep it. I absolutely adore the two RL (especially the PRL) ties, so while all 3 are available those 2 will be tougher to pry outta my hands.
Tie tags (Click to show)
Then two pairs of like-new 32 Zanellas (one pair olive, one pair brown). Seriously look unworn, I'd call it NWOT. The olive pair has one busted stitch on one cuff, but it'd be a super easy fix and is essentially unnoticeable. Both available.
Zanella details (Click to show)
And lastly a pair of dark brown Zegna cords. Another (two) favor(s) to ask of those more experienced than I. (1) Since the tag has a drop on it are these orphaned from a suit? Nothing matched em in the store. (2) Is there a size, I assume European, on the tag and if so can you translate it into US size? They fit like 38, I'm all but certain. Available.
Zegna details (Click to show)
What do you say guys? Ok for a newbie to thrifting? (basically a month in)
EDIT - Only thing of note I left was a nice looking HF checked shirt. Collar was way too yellowed, no thanks.post #49069 of 13872810/6/12 at 12:31pmpost #49070 of 13872810/6/12 at 12:46pmQuote:
Not shawl collar, notch lapel, don't recall if two or three button, nwt - nwot (the string from tag is still there, so are the buttons in the pocket), vintage (10-15 years), zegna made, don't know if Tom Ford designed, probably 40-42Rpost #49071 of 13872810/6/12 at 12:46pmpost #49072 of 13872810/6/12 at 12:48pmpost #49073 of 13872810/6/12 at 12:54pmpost #49074 of 13872810/6/12 at 12:56pmQuote:
I'm not sure on the age, but I just sold this one via Typhoid Jones' Etsy shop! I'm sure he could tell you more.post #49075 of 13872810/6/12 at 1:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by bytor13Quote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
Also picked up this awesome, Made in England (Vintage?) Brooks Brothers Toggle Coat. $$$$$ Need to get some pics, but anyone help out with an age for this label?
I'm not sure on the age, but I just sold this one via Typhoid Jones' Etsy shop! I'm sure he could tell you more.
Thanks, ill send him a PMQuote:Originally Posted by darkmatter7Quote:
I'll race you with a full-car-haul
... That civic was not my car....
Ill bite...what do you drive.post #49076 of 13872810/6/12 at 1:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
Thanks, ill send him a PM
Ill bite...what do you drive.
g37s coupe, mt (not thrifted)post #49077 of 13872810/6/12 at 1:42pmpost #49078 of 13872810/6/12 at 1:44pmpost #49079 of 13872810/6/12 at 1:51pmI've got a 2002 trans am, all stock, with 13k original miles as well. Car is pristine. Worth about 5k more than I paid for it four years ago too, so that's always nice. Had a 02 camaro, 19k miles, all stock. Sold it and rolled that money into this vette. Speaking of.. it's been too long since I bought a new carpost #49080 of 13872810/6/12 at 2:01pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 4 seconds ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 3 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 11 minutes ago
- › *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › Brexit 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding