That's a 38R. If it measures 44 you need 6" for movement
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 6:55 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 7/18/16 at 7:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3268post #49007 of 13872810/5/12 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Joker ManQuote:
That's a 38R. If it measures 44 you need 6" for movement
Really dont want to derail this thread.....but no way thats a 38. More like a 40 or 42 depending if its a more modern slim cut or an older boxy cut. Having measured a fair number of jackets its always been a 2-4" drop from the chest, not 6"post #49008 of 13872810/5/12 at 7:29pmpost #49009 of 13872810/5/12 at 7:30pmBig thanks to all those who have pm'd me. I will be responding as soon as I can.
So, this happened: went out today hoping to re-pair my orphans. Hit the same gw as yesterday, plus another gw nearby. On the way,n I decided to hit a very hit or miss spot that was on the way.
First. Label. I. Turn. Over: Oxxford, super 120s, not dated, full suit, immaculate condition. "Self," said I, "its going to be another magical day.".
And so it was.
No time for pics, but here's the highlight reel:
Mated one suit from yesterday (rlbl solid grad, double breast, dual vent)
2 ben silver ties, one nwt
One Ferragamo tie
Daks and Bill's Khakis shirts
J press 3 piece navy chalk stripe suit, flat front trou, vgc
An assortment of other, middle-tier goodies either for myself or ebay
And/or some other stuff I'm forgetting.
But the coup de gras:
Borrelli solid gray trousers. Just LEAPT off the rack into my handpost #49010 of 13872810/5/12 at 7:50pmpost #49011 of 13872810/5/12 at 7:54pmpost #49012 of 13872810/5/12 at 7:58pmpost #49013 of 13872810/5/12 at 8:06pmOMGAD WHAT AN AWESOME DAY. I SAW LIKE 10 CHRISTIAN DIOR SUITS AND 5 YSL. I PICKED UP 3 DIOR AND 1 YSL. IF ANYONE WANTS ONE I CAN PICK ONE UP FOR THEM.
HERE'S A PIC OF SOME I LEFT BEHIND.
lol, just kidding, didn't grab the Diors, but I did pick up the YSL lol..
I saw a lot of "decent" stuff today, but didn't pick up any. The store I was at priced there things way above thrifts, even higher than the consignments. Anyway here's the highlights.
For muthafuckin' David Murdock. If it wasn't a single button cord blazer, I probably would have grabbed it.
Check out this ancient Brooks Brothers. I think it's from the 20's. I may go grab that, since it's still in bomb condition. Actually, I saw a lot of bespoke things from the 20's. I'm honestly surprised at the condition most of the stuff was. Old timers sure knew how to make some good, quality clothing.
And then, there was this bad boy. This I had to pick up.
Wait, what's that.
Oh hai. Wasn't kidding when I said I picked up a YSL.
Totally worth the 40 bucks.post #49014 of 13872810/5/12 at 8:16pmpost #49015 of 13872810/5/12 at 8:17pmpost #49016 of 13872810/5/12 at 8:38pmpost #49017 of 13872810/5/12 at 8:42pmpost #49018 of 13872810/5/12 at 8:44pmpost #49019 of 13872810/5/12 at 8:56pmQuote:
Send them over this way, I plan on having a "Shroom" party sometime soon and may need those pills to help those that may be Schizophrenic from tripping out too weird after drinking the tea I will be making them .post #49020 of 13872810/5/12 at 9:04pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding