or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3263

post #48931 of 103115
Quote:
Originally Posted by dena View Post

Any New Yorkers here? I have absolutely no idea of where to go thrifting, or even what to really look for, most of the items I buy are fresh off the rack. Would love to find some gems and I know they're out there. 

post #48932 of 103115
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR View Post


You are about to make some lumberjack or Portland hipster VERY happy
(nice score, btdubs. that's a pretty insane amount of pendleton. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif)

 

I would guess hipster. They're all size small. 

post #48933 of 103115
Nice finds today - that lot of Pendletons is awesome, as well as the TB and Dior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post

Also mega-curious about these upcoming Spoo revelations. (Actually, that would make a good HBO x BBC miniseries: Spoo: Revelations. Hmm...)

Im more HBO, think "hookers at the point". Not BBC. lol8[1].gif Revelations in 11 days....
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

I have had tons of success in the suburbs, but it takes patience and the competition with other flippers is fierce.

COME AT ME BRO
post #48934 of 103115

dear everyone I have to ship stuff to

spoo

grendle

samuel smith

brianpore

foodguy

probably more XD

, it will all be in the mail tomorrow, I have been swamped with committees and tests and college apps so tomorrow I will get all that stuff shipped out and them go see the dead Kennedy's in sf icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #48935 of 103115

I feel really bad about not getting my stuff out to you guys so expect a few goodies

post #48936 of 103115
Seriously dudes? Not a single freaking popcorn after my teaser?

Well, I'm going to f**cking earn your respect. Because today was my day in the life of DM7.

Unfortunately.... That respect is going to be diminished somewhat because of the shitty ass pictures, which I'll have to settle for because I can't find the goddam cord to connect my slightly less crappy camera to my computer. So Blackberry it is.

So here's the story. I went back for an RRL shirt for a thread brother. Intended to hit just one shop. But BAM! I was hitting good shit left and right. So I decided to see if my luck would hold, and went to a local GW that I'd hit once before to very mediocre results. BAM BAM! I was freaking Reaganing! Every effing label I turned was better than the last! I mated over a half dozen orphans. I was sweating bullets and must have looked possessed. It was un-effing-believable.

Unless noted, everything is available.

Shoes:

Ferragamo (left) 9D
AE, model unknown (split toe norwegian w vibram sole) 10D. Need some love.

Shirts:

Pink, Pink (saw "14" and thought Brianpore! but I should have thought again: WOMEN's 14), Filson (taken), RRL (taken)
BB tie (not avail), CT tie, Coach square (not avail)

Outerwear:

Is this Barbour? XL, Made in England. Cuffs are a bit scuffed, but otherwise in great shape Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Trousers:

x 2, 32 x 30ish, beige and gray wool.
What's that you say? You'd prefer something higher end? OK

RLPL, 32 x 30ish

Suits & SC's:
What's that you say? You want something trad/sack? OK.

JPress solid gray, JPress green cord, Vtg BBGF, Vtg BBGF

Slimmer profile? Done.

Paul Stuart x3, 2 of which are Samuelsohn and the other is made in USA; plus BB1818

More USA made top notch quality?

How's old-school, well-made PRL blue label sound to you? Because I got 2. Left one has ticket pocket and double vent, is my size and is NOT available. Right side is dual vent and double breasted.

Not impressed? OK, how about this?

Zegna su misura, 15 mil mil. JUST a hair too big for me.

Speaking of the Italians:

Fabio Inghirami (anyone recognize this label? Looked familiar); Saks House brand Made in Canada, 100% Loro Piana cashmere; HF black 100% cashmere


What's that you say? How could I end on such a low note? Maybe you'd prefer something higher end? OK

Barbera Sartoriale. NOT available; my size
And then there's the bad... (Click to show)
Here are the orphans I picked up. Probably shouldn't have, but couldn't let go of the hope I'd mate them.

Stuart by Samuelsohn navy stripe x2, RLBL USA made x1, Oxxford Super 150s x1, RLBL trou x4 + Paul Stuart trou x1.

Bitch of it is: I ran out of time. I left so many orphans and reverse orphans! BB1818, RLBL, Stuart... The orphans I did take were all half price; the others were full price. Once I learned from the floor staff that they gather up last week's 1/2 price stuff and toss it, I had to grab the orphans. Ima go back tomorrow and see if I can find the remaining mates, and will also hit another local GW to see if they got split on distribution.

What a day.
post #48937 of 103115
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

....

Zegna su misura, 15 mil mil. JUST a hair too big for me.
....

You mean my size!
post #48938 of 103115
Super awesome haul. Get at me if any of that stuff is in the 46r/56eu range.
post #48939 of 103115
Well done, but in the future, pick up stuff just a hair small for you, not a hair too big!

Good work mating the orphans. (We have a real mixed metaphor going here, it troubles me, but not enough to keep me up.)
post #48940 of 103115
damn! siqq haul bwoh. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

black cashmere HF you say???
post #48941 of 103115
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Seriously dudes? Not a single freaking popcorn after my teaser?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Well, I'm going to f**cking earn your respect. Because today was my day in the life of DM7.

Unfortunately.... That respect is going to be diminished somewhat because of the shitty ass pictures, which I'll have to settle for because I can't find the goddam cord to connect my slightly less crappy camera to my computer. So Blackberry it is.

So here's the story. I went back for an RRL shirt for a thread brother. Intended to hit just one shop. But BAM! I was hitting good shit left and right. So I decided to see if my luck would hold, and went to a local GW that I'd hit once before to very mediocre results. BAM BAM! I was freaking Reaganing! Every effing label I turned was better than the last! I mated over a half dozen orphans. I was sweating bullets and must have looked possessed. It was un-effing-believable.

Unless noted, everything is available.

Shoes:

Ferragamo (left) 9D
AE, model unknown (split toe norwegian w vibram sole) 10D. Need some love.

Shirts:

Pink, Pink (saw "14" and thought Brianpore! but I should have thought again: WOMEN's 14), Filson (taken), RRL (taken)
BB tie (not avail), CT tie, Coach square (not avail)

Outerwear:

Is this Barbour? XL, Made in England. Cuffs are a bit scuffed, but otherwise in great shape

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Trousers:

x 2, 32 x 30ish, beige and gray wool.
What's that you say? You'd prefer something higher end? OK

RLPL, 32 x 30ish

Suits & SC's:
What's that you say? You want something trad/sack? OK.

JPress solid gray, JPress green cord, Vtg BBGF, Vtg BBGF

Slimmer profile? Done.

Paul Stuart x3, 2 of which are Samuelsohn and the other is made in USA; plus BB1818

More USA made top notch quality?

How's old-school, well-made PRL blue label sound to you? Because I got 2. Left one has ticket pocket and double vent, is my size and is NOT available. Right side is dual vent and double breasted.

Not impressed? OK, how about this?

Zegna su misura, 15 mil mil. JUST a hair too big for me.

Speaking of the Italians:

Fabio Inghirami (anyone recognize this label? Looked familiar); Saks House brand Made in Canada, 100% Loro Piana cashmere; HF black 100% cashmere


What's that you say? How could I end on such a low note? Maybe you'd prefer something higher end? OK

Barbera Sartoriale. NOT available; my size
And then there's the bad... (Click to show)
Here are the orphans I picked up. Probably shouldn't have, but couldn't let go of the hope I'd mate them.

Stuart by Samuelsohn navy stripe x2, RLBL USA made x1, Oxxford Super 150s x1, RLBL trou x4 + Paul Stuart trou x1.

Bitch of it is: I ran out of time. I left so many orphans and reverse orphans! BB1818, RLBL, Stuart... The orphans I did take were all half price; the others were full price. Once I learned from the floor staff that they gather up last week's 1/2 price stuff and toss it, I had to grab the orphans. Ima go back tomorrow and see if I can find the remaining mates, and will also hit another local GW to see if they got split on distribution.

What a day.

 

thumbs-up.gif

post #48942 of 103115

Wow, nice!

 

What size is the J Press green cord? 

post #48943 of 103115
Thanks, dudes. Most sizes range in the 42L to 46 range. Mex: The HF cashmere is going to be a bit too small for you. frown.gif Grendel: The Press should be about a 42R.

I've got a lot going on the next couple of days, but if folks are interested, PM me and I can try to get you measurements as soon as I can.

In the meantime, can someone PM me a link to the label identification thread?
post #48944 of 103115
post #48945 of 103115
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Seriously dudes? Not a single freaking popcorn after my teaser?
Well, I'm going to f**cking earn your respect. Because today was my day in the life of DM7. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Unfortunately.... That respect is going to be diminished somewhat because of the shitty ass pictures, which I'll have to settle for because I can't find the goddam cord to connect my slightly less crappy camera to my computer. So Blackberry it is.
So here's the story. I went back for an RRL shirt for a thread brother. Intended to hit just one shop. But BAM! I was hitting good shit left and right. So I decided to see if my luck would hold, and went to a local GW that I'd hit once before to very mediocre results. BAM BAM! I was freaking Reaganing! Every effing label I turned was better than the last! I mated over a half dozen orphans. I was sweating bullets and must have looked possessed. It was un-effing-believable.
Unless noted, everything is available.
Shoes:

Ferragamo (left) 9D
AE, model unknown (split toe norwegian w vibram sole) 10D. Need some love.
Shirts:

Pink, Pink (saw "14" and thought Brianpore! but I should have thought again: WOMEN's 14), Filson (taken), RRL (taken)
BB tie (not avail), CT tie, Coach square (not avail)
Outerwear:

Is this Barbour? XL, Made in England. Cuffs are a bit scuffed, but otherwise in great shape Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Trousers:

x 2, 32 x 30ish, beige and gray wool.
What's that you say? You'd prefer something higher end? OK

RLPL, 32 x 30ish
Suits & SC's:
What's that you say? You want something trad/sack? OK.

JPress solid gray, JPress green cord, Vtg BBGF, Vtg BBGF
Slimmer profile? Done.

Paul Stuart x3, 2 of which are Samuelsohn and the other is made in USA; plus BB1818
More USA made top notch quality?

How's old-school, well-made PRL blue label sound to you? Because I got 2. Left one has ticket pocket and double vent, is my size and is NOT available. Right side is dual vent and double breasted.
Not impressed? OK, how about this?

Zegna su misura, 15 mil mil. JUST a hair too big for me.
Speaking of the Italians:

Fabio Inghirami (anyone recognize this label? Looked familiar); Saks House brand Made in Canada, 100% Loro Piana cashmere; HF black 100% cashmere

What's that you say? How could I end on such a low note? Maybe you'd prefer something higher end? OK

Barbera Sartoriale. NOT available; my size And then there's the bad... (Click to show)
Here are the orphans I picked up. Probably shouldn't have, but couldn't let go of the hope I'd mate them.

Stuart by Samuelsohn navy stripe x2, RLBL USA made x1, Oxxford Super 150s x1, RLBL trou x4 + Paul Stuart trou x1.
Bitch of it is: I ran out of time. I left so many orphans and reverse orphans! BB1818, RLBL, Stuart... The orphans I did take were all half price; the others were full price. Once I learned from the floor staff that they gather up last week's 1/2 price stuff and toss it, I had to grab the orphans. Ima go back tomorrow and see if I can find the remaining mates, and will also hit another local GW to see if they got split on distribution.

What a day.


Damn, you smanged it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread