Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:25 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 8/20/16 at 4:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 8/26/16 at 3:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3252post #48766 of 13872810/2/12 at 10:13pmpost #48767 of 13872810/2/12 at 10:22pmpost #48768 of 13872810/2/12 at 10:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh
Warning: More pics (Click to show)Edit: Google is my friend. I found a mid-seventies Canadian trademark registration for Caravan Collection for Boots and shoes made of tanned or printed skins of wild and domestic animals.
So the question now is: what animal is this from?
Looks like shark skin to me. You could post them on this thread and isshinryu101 will give you a positive id: http://www.styleforum.net/t/284779/what-are-these-shoes-made-ofpost #48769 of 13872810/2/12 at 10:35pmOk guys you really should be spoilering photos when you quote posts people have made of their finds. I don't need to scroll through DM7's photos 3-4 times per page, as awesome as his hauls are.
S/O to Samuel Smith for being a cool dude and spoilering the photos.
Edited by caseyfud - 10/3/12 at 12:33ampost #48770 of 13872810/2/12 at 10:40pm
Don't pull out the popcorn just yet, because I won't be able to make a proper bragging post for at least two days.
There were over 300 items, but here's what I recall:
(about 75% nwt)
Comme Des Garcons, Fray, RLPL, Brioni, Vintage Versace, Helmut Lang, Issey Miyake, Paul & Shark, Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci,
Etro, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Abla, Comme Des Garcons, Moschino,
Gaultier, Issey Miyake, Brioni
Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, YSL Rive Gauche
Church's, Paciotti Alligator
ok... I can't remember anything else. That was exhausting.post #48771 of 13872810/2/12 at 11:47pmpost #48772 of 13872810/3/12 at 12:22ampost #48773 of 13872810/3/12 at 3:09ampost #48774 of 13872810/3/12 at 3:23ampost #48775 of 13872810/3/12 at 4:09ampost #48776 of 13872810/3/12 at 4:45amQuote:Originally Posted by runic
Looks like shark skin to me. You could post them on this thread and isshinryu101 will give you a positive id: http://www.styleforum.net/t/284779/what-are-these-shoes-made-of
Thanks! I didn't even know that thread existed - though on SF nothing really surprises me (and that applies to a bunch of different thing)..post #48777 of 13872810/3/12 at 4:50ampost #48778 of 13872810/3/12 at 4:55amQuote:
Are you playing avatar roulette?Quote:Originally Posted by FaceOfBohQuote:
Good idea but it seems to be inherent to the fabric and does want to come off. It's integral to the fabric, almost appearing to be a thickening of the weave and not really a breakdown of the fabric.
Oh well, will probably just list AS IS. If someone's got a short inseam this might not be an issue with hemming or cuffing.
um....this guy!Quote:Originally Posted by darkmatter7
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think you need a bigger car / THRIFTING VAN!! Sick haul though!!! Sent you a PM....Quote:Originally Posted by AndroFan
Alright, so a question and a lesson today. First, the question....
If ANYONE can help me with this label, it's just driving me crazy. Many things about it scream made by Corneliani, but it's also a bit...off. It's driving me nuts, I just can't figure it out. Details in spoiler.
Alright, so here's the overcoat. Really nice, seems very well made. Pick stitching all along the lapels and up and down the jacket in case you can't see. The belt buckle appears to be made of real leather, and the overcoat itself is a 50% alpaca/50% wool blend. So, I saw this....
...and along with the quality, got excited: looks like Corneliani to me. But, looked at the breast label and saw this...
Which is *close* to the Corneliani label, but not quite it. Then, this is the only other label on the coat:
. Which just left me more confused. I know that this is wishful thinking, but is it at all possible this was made by Corneliani for this men's shop, or is it just a simple case of really nice/well made jacket with coincidentally very similar labels? I've included the labels from a Corneliani-branded SC of mine below for comparison. Any help appreciated.
And now the lesson: So, there are a series of shops I like to hit up on the discount day (today) that are quite a drive for me, but are really good deals so I make the drive and check them out. For 3 discount days in a row now, I've noticed the same lady hovering around in the men's suits/SCs, and have noticed she's obviously flipping. That's cool and fine by me (aside from the fact that given my current state of affairs it would be pretty hypocritical for me to care, I really don't mind people flipping. It bums me out when someone picks up stuff I want for myself, but beyond that, it doesn't bother me a bit). So I walked into one of my last spots and, predictably, she's there. Deflated, I try to hit the last few suits & SCs on the rack quickly but come up with nothing. Seeing that she already has a bunch of stuff in her cart, I decide it's a waste of time to check what's left in her wake and turn to leave. I figure, what the hell and find this smiling back at me a few items from the front...
The lesson: don't assume that people have any idea what they're doing, even if they seem like they do.
This is SOOOOO true. Just because people are flipping though racks does not mean they know what they are doing.post #48779 of 13872810/3/12 at 5:10ampost #48780 of 13872810/3/12 at 5:11am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 42 seconds ago
- › DLester's "Official Repository of Things That Are Awful Yet I Like... 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 11 minutes ago
- › Which tie for my interview tomorrow? 14 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 15 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › best way to hide shoelaces without hurting the feet? 17 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding