or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3250

post #48736 of 118067
Hi all,
It's been awhile.
Thought I'd pick your brains on a pair of shoes I found today. Black loafers made in Italy. I can't quite make out the brand. It ends in "...stein". Any ideas what they might be?
post #48737 of 118067
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

General rule: pinstripes = orphan. Reason: You can't wear pinstripes with anything. If you do...Good luck to you.

Try to find the pants. It might surface. Good luck.

I'm not endorsing it, but pinstripe SC have been made. Paul Smith seems trendy enough to have done it in the last few years. Not saying that's what this is, just saying I don't think Pinstripes have to make it a suit in this case.

I will say that I think you're right though that even if it is what the designer intended, good luck to you if you wear pinstripes with anything.

(Now watch, just because I said that Spoo or somebody is going to post a pic of himself looking awesome in a Pinstripe SC with odd trousers.)
post #48738 of 118067
Everything is available.

Vintage Woolrich buffalo plaid hunting shirt/jacket. Size M. Great shape, made in the USA. Too short inthe sleeves or I would keep. Has the lower back pocket for storing your kills/etc.

woolrich1.jpg?w=370&h=
woolrich2.jpg?w=370&h=

Zegna soft blazer/jacket. Cashmere/silk blend. Unvented, could be worn as a piece of outerwear. Fits like a 42.

zs1.jpg?w=370&h=
zs2.jpg?w=370&h=

New pair of Johnston & Murphy blue suede loaders. 8.5D, full vibram sole, made in Italy

jm1.jpg?w=370&h=

Baller vintage Lacoste/Izod Harrington. Size M. On the fence about moving this, but I think it's just too short for me.

lacoste1.jpg?w=700&h=
lacoste2.jpg?w=370&h=

NWT Corbin "Luxury Plaid" slacks. Made in the US. Size 34. Check out the Incotex vibe on the interior. Retail is like 260, real nice.

corbin1.jpg?w=370&h=
corbin2.jpg?w=370&h=
corbin3.jpg?w=700&h=
corbin4.jpg?w=700&h=
corbin5.jpg?w=370&h=

ALSO

Looking for a bit of help. Found these buttons on a HF Super 140's blazer. Any idea what the imprint is of? Just genuinely interested.

buttons.jpg?w=700&h=
post #48739 of 118067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrologia View Post


I'm not endorsing it, but pinstripe SC have been made. Paul Smith seems trendy enough to have done it in the last few years. Not saying that's what this is, just saying I don't think Pinstripes have to make it a suit in this case.
I will say that I think you're right though that even if it is what the designer intended, good luck to you if you wear pinstripes with anything.
(Now watch, just because I said that Spoo or somebody is going to post a pic of himself looking awesome in a Pinstripe SC with odd trousers.)

 

I've seen pinstripe odd jackets. They are uhhhh, odd looking...I've found a float chart that tells you what to look for on details to determine what you are looking at is a suit jacket or sports coat. I tried looking for it but couldn't find it. So in place of that, I leave you with this annoying video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TB4qoj6kKw

 

The aforementioned PS jacket had the details of a suit jacket. Also, I've tried wearing pinstripes jackets in the past and it looked gross...Lesson learned.

post #48740 of 118067
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Also, I've tried wearing pinstripes jackets in the past and it looked gross...Lesson learned.[/SIZE]
It's extremely difficult, but can be done, so long as one abandons any hope of looking Spoo-like. For example, I have a mid blue linen SC that is clearly NOT an orphan: The stripes are white surrounded by tan. I wear it with a pair of tan slacks. Don't think I have a fit pic. Again, there's a limit to the sartorial harmony that's achievable, but it can be done.
post #48741 of 118067
Today:


Paul Stuart, 43R


Fendi tie


Sperry boat shoes, 9D
Label shots (Click to show)


post #48742 of 118067
Quote:
Originally Posted by horse's_ass View Post
NWT Corbin "Luxury Plaid" slacks. Made in the US. Size 34. Check out the Incotex vibe on the interior. Retail is like 260, real nice.
corbin1.jpg?w=370&h=
corbin2.jpg?w=370&h=
corbin3.jpg?w=700&h=
corbin4.jpg?w=700&h=
corbin5.jpg?w=370&h=

 

Seen a pair of Flat Front Corbins like these, in khaki. Theyve been at sitting on the rack for weeks and everytime I hit this place, they trick me into thinking im about to score some Incotex.

 

Anyone know the deal with these? Are these made by Incotex or is Corbin trying to emulate?

 

Ive even come across GAP trousers that have the blue band with the size on it....so lame. You gotta wonder if the designers of these pieces have any shame.

post #48743 of 118067
Quote:
Originally Posted by horse's_ass View Post

Looking for a bit of help. Found these buttons on a HF Super 140's blazer. Any idea what the imprint is of? Just genuinely interested.
buttons.jpg?w=700&h=

It's a reproduction of a 1/4 Florin coin - the abbreviations going around are for the titles of the Emperor of Austria, he was the illustrious king (ill rex) of Hungary, Bohemia, Lombardy and (et) Venice. Not sure what territories GAL and LOD stand for - either they were more minor territories or just names that I haven't encountered as much as the others.
post #48744 of 118067
Love that Lacoste/izod Harrington.
post #48745 of 118067
Patagonia Synchilla Snap-T. XL. Available.
post #48746 of 118067
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post


It's extremely difficult, but can be done, so long as one abandons any hope of looking Spoo-like. For example, I have a mid blue linen SC that is clearly NOT an orphan: The stripes are white surrounded by tan. I wear it with a pair of tan slacks. Don't think I have a fit pic. Again, there's a limit to the sartorial harmony that's achievable, but it can be done.

 

Agreed, it can work with the right kind of linen or cotton, or like a blue/white striped seersucker sport coat. But I definitely don't have what it takes to pull of any of those looks.

post #48747 of 118067

went out today and found my first Pringle of Scotland made in Italy short sleeve shirt size xl. Also picked up Two Country Traditionalist by pendleton wool shirts both mediums. Everything is available. Can someone please educate me on the difference between pendleton and country traditionalist by pendleton. Thank you.

 

 

post #48748 of 118067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrologia View Post


(Now watch, just because I said that Spoo or somebody is going to post a pic of himself looking awesome in a Pinstripe SC with odd trousers.)

not gonna happen.
post #48749 of 118067
Can anyone give me some direction on shoes and denim, both of which I only know enough to just barely get by.

Are these worth a cop for flipping? They were a bit pricey. Everything screamed yes: Florsheim Imperial? Check. Brand new? Check. Rare, asian-market size (7 1/2D)? Check!
But what's up with the leather? I wasn't sure what I was looking at.
file-117.jpgWarning: More pics (Click to show)
file-115.jpg
file-116.jpg
file-113.jpg

Edit: Google is my friend. I found a mid-seventies Canadian trademark registration for Caravan Collection for Boots and shoes made of tanned or printed skins of wild and domestic animals.

So the question now is: what animal is this from?

And I picked up these japanese denim Gap 1969s in a nice size.
file-118.jpg
file-119.jpg

But what's going on with the bottoms? These are at the back. Was he cuffing them and then catching them under heel? Or is this some sort of "flaw"?
file-120.jpg
Edited by FaceOfBoh - 10/2/12 at 9:11pm
post #48750 of 118067
^ looks like salt marks from wearing them in snow/etc. and then it dried.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread