or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3247

post #48691 of 114716
Big thanks to Spoo for consigning a few pieces for me this weekend. Great guy to work with, made the entire process a cake walk.

Passes:
Oxxford suit 44ish - no holes, a few stains but Oxxford hasn't been good to me
Jil Sander navy and khaki blazers, size 40 with a bit of wear priced at 40 each
CJ Bury light brown loafers UK 8.5 priced at 35 in 7/10 condition - can proxy if they're still there

Pick ups - Apologies for the lack of decent photos. I'll grab some in the light tomorrow.

Fairly recent Barbours - Beaufort and Berwick Endurance. Consignment pricing, but everyone and their mother seems to be buying them right now. Per usual, sizing is huge. S fits a medium. Can anyone date the Beaufort (A452 Summer)?
BarbourBeaufortLabel.jpg
BarbourBerwickEndurance.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
BarbourBeaufortTag.jpgBarbourBerwickTag.jpg

TRAD 3/2 Suit, 38R with flat fronts. I believe White was quite big within the Yale community.
NormanHilton38RSuit.jpg

Kodak Ektasound 285 moviedeck. Grabbed it on a whim - if you know anything about vintage projectors, get at me.

BB 1818 Madison 36/30 charcoal wool flat fronts

Recent Corneliani 36 olive wool flat fronts
post #48692 of 114716
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post

Jesus whiz, man!..how do you find all the cool streetwear stuff? Been at this almost two years, never seen APC.
(Also, try those on; 32 might actually fit a 34 :P )
Hush yourself!

A PM has already been sent.
post #48693 of 114716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
TRAD 3/2 Suit, 38R with flat fronts. I believe White was quite big within the Yale community.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

NormanHilton38RSuit.jpg

 

Very intrigued.  My norman hilton sport coat is my favorite.  A suit could be amazing.

post #48694 of 114716
Quote:
Originally Posted by workthatwedo View Post

Very intrigued.  My norman hilton sport coat is my favorite.  A suit could be amazing.

Agreed, in fact I'll post a fit pic of me in mine as soon as the pants get back from the tailor. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #48695 of 114716

Those Aldens are the thing dreams are made of.

post #48696 of 114716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrologia View Post

Agreed, in fact I'll post a fit pic of me in mine as soon as the pants get back from the tailor. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by workthatwedo View Post

Very intrigued.  My norman hilton sport coat is my favorite.  A suit could be amazing.

Love Norman Hilton. I was ogling my NH wool/cashmere navy blazer when I got home from work today. I'm desperate to wear it ASAP.
post #48697 of 114716

Drakes, Grenadine

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh yeah, forgot. I passed on some Florsheim Royal Imperial Shell Cordovan Loafers for $11 because I am an idiot.


Edited by tben - 10/1/12 at 6:55pm
post #48698 of 114716

^^ Sexy!

post #48699 of 114716
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

^^ Sexy!


Yeah, these are pretty rad. I get the hype of grenadine now. The weave is amazing. I wish I had more money to spend.

post #48700 of 114716
Quote:
Originally Posted by tben View Post


Yeah, these are pretty rad. I get the hype of grenadine now. The weave is amazing. I wish I had more money to spend.

Well, if you're just looking for grenadines to wear, not flip, then check this out from putthison.com:

 

http://putthison.com/post/18498460645/the-more-affordable-grenadine-this-past-monday-i

 

I just received 2 grenadines from Chipp2 and wore a chocolate brown one today. Really fabulous ties for around $50 / each shipped and they got here in like 2 days.  

 

EDIT: Speaking of putthison, now I really want a wool shawl cardigan. Dammit. 

post #48701 of 114716
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Well, if you're just looking for grenadines to wear, not flip, then check this out from putthison.com:

 

http://putthison.com/post/18498460645/the-more-affordable-grenadine-this-past-monday-i

 

I just received 2 grenadines from Chipp2 and wore a chocolate brown one today. Really fabulous ties for around $50 / each shipped and they got here in like 2 days.  

 

EDIT: Speaking of putthison, now I really want a wool shawl cardigan. Dammit. 


What is their quality compared to a company like Drake's? Pm, if that is more appropriate. Thanks!

post #48702 of 114716
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post

Jesus whiz, man!..how do you find all the cool streetwear stuff? Been at this almost two years, never seen APC.
(Also, try those on; 32 might actually fit a 34 :P )


Dunno. just do i s'pose rolleyes.gif

 

tried 'em on . way too tight. BTW I dont how some of these ppl wear these low rise jeans. hurts my junk to sit down. wow.gif

post #48703 of 114716
Quote:
Originally Posted by workthatwedo View Post

Very intrigued.  My norman hilton sport coat is my favorite.  A suit could be amazing.

What size? I have a few in the 41 to 44 range (including heavy flannel) i haven't listed that I've held for like 9 moths....Gray pinstripe and maybe a solid...possibly a few others. PM me if you are in the size range.
post #48704 of 114716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers View Post


What size? I have a few in the 41 to 44 range (including heavy flannel) i haven't listed that I've held for like 9 moths....Gray pinstripe and maybe a solid...possibly a few others. PM me if you are in the size range.


Well I was intrigued by that posted one because it is a 38R like me.  However, I do know a size 44 person in your town that might be interested.  I'll have him get at you if he is.

post #48705 of 114716
Capnwes, you requested sole shots of the shell wings I found. Here they are at the end of a long day. I included a shot of the heel, but I don't think it is original.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread