Sweet haul DM! Any chance that blackwatch Gant Rugger is available? And goddamn, that EG and those Vivienne sneakers!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3206post #48076 of 1387289/24/12 at 10:12pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #48077 of 1387289/24/12 at 10:13pmLA dudes: i'm going to be in town for a few hours tomorrow (due to work + family + two dogs in the car in LA summer heat, prob can't do any meetups, and probably won't be able to actually hit any thrifts, but a mexican can dream), probably near burbank or thereabouts, and *possibly* in west LA. if you have any spots you wouldn't mind sharing, hit me on the PM. if i find anything in your size, you get first C+S dibs.post #48078 of 1387289/24/12 at 10:17pmpost #48079 of 1387289/24/12 at 10:21pmpost #48080 of 1387289/24/12 at 10:23pmpost #48081 of 1387289/24/12 at 10:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by darkmatter7
Promised myself I would only go to one thrift store on the way back from Santa Barbara... (Click to show)
No. NO. NOOOO. Tell me this wasn't in Santa Barbara..post #48082 of 1387289/24/12 at 10:36pmpost #48083 of 1387289/24/12 at 10:42pmpost #48084 of 1387289/24/12 at 11:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by tben
Allen Edmonds SIZE 7D!!!, Need a Polish
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I almost got excited, but those are rather ugly. Sorry.Quote:
I don't understand why nobody's put together a class action on behalf of sellers they've screwed yet, or taken them to small claims court over this crap.post #48085 of 1387289/24/12 at 11:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by darkmatter7 Never Seen these Zegna labels before. Can someone authenticate? (Click to show)
I'm assuming these are leather. I have a pair of Zegna jeans with almost identical label. I've also passed on a few pairs of jeans with the same label.post #48086 of 1387289/24/12 at 11:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by lastdonb
Fall baseball has started, stopped at GW on Sat after umping a couple of games, 1/2 off day, picked up a grail find for coffee aficionados, made in Holland, very lightly used, fired it up Sunday morning, makes a great cup of coffee. $13......
Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Brewer :
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)The Technivorm Moccamaster KBGT-741 brewer is a simple, precise and elegant electric drip brewer. No gadgets here. This is a handmade coffeemaker built in Holland. The main asset of the Moccamaster is its ability to maintain perfect brewing temperature throughout the entire brewing cycle, an attribute that has earned it certification from at least two coffee trade associations.
Nice find! When it comes to coffee machines, I've tried a few and have a slight obsession with good coffee. We own one of these, however didn't find it in a thrift:
It's a Francis Francis X1. It makes okay (but fast) espresso, but in all honesty it's just a really nice looking machine. I rarely use it anymore, but the ferrari red matches our other kitchen appliances. Currently, I make coffee on the stove with a small pot. It's not as simple as hitting a button, but I enjoy the taste when it comes straight from the stove. We use something like this:
If anyone here also loves coffee and would like to try something Austrian, PM me and I can send you a bag of beans or ground coffee.post #48087 of 1387289/24/12 at 11:37pmpost #48088 of 1387289/24/12 at 11:38pmpost #48089 of 1387289/24/12 at 11:57pmQuote:
Beans aren't grown here, only roasted. It may be nothing special to anyone else, but I've tried a number of coffees and have always ended up preferring a couple of local roasts. There are a couple of places in my city that sell them at least throughout Austria, but it's possible that it tastes better to me because they're fresh.
I love espresso but many won't take a proper espresso as it can be intense and bitter. I'd suggest getting a stove top brewer, you can get them in tiny sizes, and experiment with it. I honestly like the taste though I've met quite a few machines that can produce a better coffee. A stove top pot shouldn't run you much and the idea is that the water goes in the bottom, a metal "filter" fits on top and you fill it with grounds. The top "pitcher/pot" part is left empty. The water boils and is forced up through the coffee and into the top. You're then left with a strong black coffee.
I know what you mean about convenience. I'll grab something quickly if I'm out, if I have the time I'll go to my favorite coffee house.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Currently, there are 1367 Active Users (324 Members and 1043 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 37 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 44 seconds ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?