or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3203

post #48031 of 136736
I sent it overnight usps. That has tracking and signature confirmation and added 800 insurance and recorded me packing and shipping the package with a clerk. So I think I covered all bases. he had a confirmed paypal address so I think im ok. I guess we'll see. Thanks for the advice guys.



Anyway, picked these up all available except versace:

Versace nwt, gant made in italy tie, jcrew winter jacket S, john varvatos sweater XL, polo sweater XL, Etro sz 40. sorry about the upside down pictures my damn phone!








can anyone identify the brands of these belts?


post #48032 of 136736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post


Never ever seen this BB label before...almost looked fake. Jacket had only one inside pocket (left breast) which reminded me of a girls jacket. Was super weird in the fact it was double breasted but had holes and buttons on both sides like it was almost suppose to be left open (no button inside to close the inner part). If this is super super old I can always go back but they wanted $20 for it.



Looks like the real deal to me. Yep, genuine Brocks Brothers.
post #48033 of 136736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Looks like the real deal to me. Yep, genuine Brocks Brothers.

Haha. That's awesome. I didn't even notice.
post #48034 of 136736
Too funny. I think it's Brucks Brother. I didn't notice either.


Thanks for the input, everyone. I was fairly confident of C&J thanks to another thread, but it's nice to have confirmation. I did check the sizing conversion to be sure. I thought it went the wrong way last time. BTW Grendel, there's holes for nails, but I can't tell if there's anything down in them.
post #48035 of 136736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post


Never ever seen this BB label before...almost looked fake. Jacket had only one inside pocket (left breast) which reminded me of a girls jacket. Was super weird in the fact it was double breasted but had holes and buttons on both sides like it was almost suppose to be left open (no button inside to close the inner part). If this is super super old I can always go back but they wanted $20 for it.


Looks like the real deal to me. Yep, genuine Brocks Brothers.

facepalm.gif ...... lol8[1].gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Sweet Vintage (OLD) Kersey Wool Bridge Coat (Long Pea Coat)

Size 36-38 depending on button location. Looks to have been originally a 36, but the buttons were moved over about 2 inches (currently 20" P2P)

Super Heavy, amazing quality

3 Button Center Vent, Fully lined and canvassed

Hand warmer pockets with adjacent reach through pockets.

One extra small flap opening on the left side...I am assuming for a sword or something.

Detachable Throat Latch which stores inside the jacket

Hand Stitching all over the place. 

 

Those are camera spots, not spots in the wool.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

peepwall[1].gif Damn being sooo small. Thats awesome! Perfect for winter coming up.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Figured I would come back witha few of these....Available

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Those knots are nice!

post #48036 of 136736

Found this on a rack as it was on its way out in what is a usually very picked-over store:

 

 

Surrounding that label is a solid navy blue DB suit in my size.  My first DB, very excited.

 

At this same store were two tan cotton suits, one by Zegna (soft) and one by John Varvatos (made in Italy). Both were EU 54 and both were $39.99.  If any LA regulars are interested, just PM me and I can point them in the right direction.

 

And now another edition of everyone's favorite game - shell or not shell (crappy cell phone pic addition):

 

 

Made by this guy:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

The shoemaker to the stars! http://www.seeing-stars.com/shop/Shoemaker.shtml

 

Thoughts? I'll clean them up tonight and get better pics tomorrow if there is no verdict.

post #48037 of 136736

Thrift fit for the first work day of fall

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

No name Harris Tweed thrifted by me

HF duck tie thrifted NWT by me

black and maroon checked BB OCDB from Typhoid Jones

BB khaki pants from hmmurdock

chocolate brown suede Church's loafers traded from Patrologia

 

 

post #48038 of 136736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

Found this on a rack as it was on its way out in what is a usually very picked-over store:

 

 

Surrounding that label is a solid navy blue DB suit in my size.  My first DB, very excited.

 

At this same store were two tan cotton suits, one by Zegna (soft) and one by John Varvatos (made in Italy). Both were EU 54 and both were $39.99.  If any LA regulars are interested, just PM me and I can point them in the right direction.

 

And now another edition of everyone's favorite game - shell or not shell (crappy cell phone pic addition):

 

 

Made by this guy:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

The shoemaker to the stars! http://www.seeing-stars.com/shop/Shoemaker.shtml

 

Thoughts? I'll clean them up tonight and get better pics tomorrow if there is no verdict.

Nice find on the suit!

 

I'm gonna go with probably shell... 75% sure

post #48039 of 136736
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Anybody have any suggestions on what to wear to a Prince concert? I'm afraid I haven't come across any purple leather onezies lately. shog[1].gif

post #48040 of 136736

Big shoutout to Mark Thomas for sending me a great Barbour vest. Just checked it out and it zips perfectly into my Beaufort. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #48041 of 136736
Two finds today

How might I authenticate these? There's also a metal inlay on the temple that says "Ray-Ban," and there's a tiny B&L logo on the lens but I couldn't get my camera to focus on it.



Velvet H&M blazer I'll be wearing this winter.
post #48042 of 136736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

Found this on a rack as it was on its way out in what is a usually very picked-over store:



Surrounding that label is a solid navy blue DB suit in my size.  My first DB, very excited.

At this same store were two tan cotton suits, one by Zegna (soft) and one by John Varvatos (made in Italy). Both were EU 54 and both were $39.99.  If any LA regulars are interested, just PM me and I can point them in the right direction.

And now another edition of everyone's favorite game - shell or not shell (crappy cell phone pic addition):



Made by this guy:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thoughts? I'll clean them up tonight and get better pics tomorrow if there is no verdict.

Was there at lunch around 11:30ish. I work down the street. There is a canali tweed in 44r same store. Maybe I saw you
post #48043 of 136736

^ you left a Brioni suit?

post #48044 of 136736

Guessing he saw the Zegna and Varvatos... Brioni had just come out on the rack right?

post #48045 of 136736

It was actually two different places. The place where I got the shoes had tons of good stuff, but all pretty high prices. I did see 3 100% rayon Brioni Hawaiian shirts fo $40/each.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread